PDA

View Full Version : "Dressier" jeans

acmom
09-23-2014, 04:57 PM
I am looking for a new pair of jeans to wear with my nicer tops for things like dinner out with DH to casual places, girls nights, etc. I have several pair of day to day jeans from Lucky that I like, but I'm looking for something more polished. I'm thinking darker wash and I am usually a size 2 and pear shaped (and need either petite or ankle length option since I'm only 5'2"). Would you go with skinny jeans or maybe trouser jeans? Any favorites to check out?

pastrygirl
09-23-2014, 09:32 PM
I just got a pair of Paige Skyline skinnies in a very, very dark wash. I really like them for a nicer jean and can easily wear them to work. But, I seem to have to go up two sizes in Paige jeans, compared to Gap/Loft. And they're pricey!!

My other faves are DKNY Soho Skinny, also very dark. I had to size down in those! They fit more like a straight jean. I see them at TJMaxx all the time.

mom2binsd
09-23-2014, 09:35 PM
I'm about the same size but shorter, I prefer a boot cut as I think it makes me look taller, and I prefer wearing heels with a straight or bootcut rather than skinnies. I got a pair of Hudson jeans at a consignment store for 30.00 and love them as well as a pair of AG in a dark wash.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

twowhat?
09-24-2014, 12:04 PM
I have a couple pairs of CK jeans from Costco in what they describe as a "straight fit" but are more towards the "skinny" fit end (though not true skinnies) in black and a very dark indigo wash. The rivets match the wash, so I've been able to get away with wearing these with a nice top for business casual stuff:) The hems fold up and stay put super well, so I fold them up if I want an ankle length to go with ballet flats. And you can then fold them down for heels.

And, they were cheap! Unsure if Costco has anything similar right now, but worth it to keep an eye out!

marinkitty
09-24-2014, 01:49 PM
I have a really great pair of dark rinse J Brand jeans (they are the baby boot style so not skinny but not wide either) that are my go to jeans for nights out. I also have a pair of Hudson's that I like, but those tend to stretch out more - the J Brand really hold their shape.