PDA

View Full Version : Merrell Captiva Launch boots?

acmom
09-25-2014, 01:52 PM
Anyone have these boots? How are they?

http://m.zappos.com/merrell-captiva-launch-2-waterproof-black?ef_id=VCRU7AAABNKNljro:20140925174620:s

I'm looking for a pair of brown boots that will stand up to the elements this winter (I will in snow country so am often walking through snow, slush, etc even in parking lots, sidewalks etc. I have real winter boots but want something that is more of a regular boot but that will not get destroyed like previous ones have! I tried the keen bern ones last year but they didn't fit well. I looked at la canandiene and found a great black pair but no brown that fit the bill.

basil
09-25-2014, 02:34 PM
I don't have those but I did buy these this year http://www.zappos.com/merrell-haven-autumn-otter

It's not winter yet so I can't say how they'll hold up, but they are comfortable, look nice with jeans, and are shorter than knee high which I like. Seem like they'll be good for the slushy parking lot kind of days.

SnuggleBuggles
09-25-2014, 02:37 PM
I have them. Because they are shorter, I find them more casual. But, they work with some outfits. They should hold up ok. I didn't wear them a ton in wet stuff.

ourbabygirl
09-25-2014, 04:43 PM
I think they're cute but when I tried them on 1-2 years ago at REI, I ended up not buying them because I felt like they 'chopped up' my leg too much. I wanted a pair of tall boots to wear with leggings & skinny jeans, but these ended right at the widest part of my calf, so I didn't pull the trigger, but ended up getting a cute taller brown (but still comfortable) pair from the Clarks store.

acmom
09-25-2014, 04:53 PM
SnuggleBuggles and ourbabygirl, how tall are you? I was thinking the shorter height might be a good thing for me since I'm only 5'2" and often find tall boots hit me in the back of the knee when I sit...but maybe I'm wrong and they are too short!

ourbabygirl
09-25-2014, 05:00 PM
I'm sorry, I was just coming to add that I'm about 5'3". :) Can you order them from somewhere with free returns just in case?

SnuggleBuggles
09-25-2014, 05:04 PM
I'm 5'2".

acmom
09-25-2014, 05:13 PM
Thanks - may need to rethink them. But then again, I was going to wear them mostly for casual stuff. Hmmm...maybe I order them from Zappos and see. Any other suggestions to check out? Might as well order a few while I'm at it! :wink2:

WatchingThemGrow
09-25-2014, 08:51 PM
I have them, on loan from shoebuy.com. Used 25% off. The fit well and are cute, but I haven't tried them with pants yet. My time is running out, so I better decide. I have black merrell tall boots that are waterproof and love them, hence the purchase. These are more casual tho, but I feel like brown is anyway.

Green_Tea
09-25-2014, 08:55 PM
I ordered and returned. The hit me in the widest part of my calves, and were way too tight as a result. I have never had that issue before - typically boots are too big in the calf. It bears noting that I am 4'11", so they may hit me higher than they do on most people.

They were really cute, so I am bummed.

WatchingThemGrow
09-27-2014, 07:32 AM
So, mine are going back. DH said they look like galoshes the way they are so wide and not as high as regular boots. In place of them, I think I want both the shorter black Captiva Launch AND the taller brown Captiva Buckle Up. Thanks for weighing in, DH. That will now cost you double.

acmom
09-27-2014, 08:14 AM
So, mine are going back. DH said they look like galoshes the way they are so wide and not as high as regular boots. In place of them, I think I want both the shorter black Captiva Launch AND the taller brown Captiva Buckle Up. Thanks for weighing in, DH. That will now cost you double.

Thanks for all the feedback. I just found those Captiva Buckle Up and they look like they may be a better option. Let me know how you like them if you get them!

WatchingThemGrow
10-03-2014, 11:03 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. I just found those Captiva Buckle Up and they look like they may be a better option. Let me know how you like them if you get them!LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Buckle UP!!!!

I tried them on in the store with some new smartwool socks. Cannot wait for winter now! Pairing them with the (last year's) Better Sweater Coat http://www.6pm.com/patagonia-better-sweater-coat-natural and I feel it's going to be a comfy season!

acmom
10-06-2014, 11:51 AM
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Buckle UP!!!!

I tried them on in the store with some new smartwool socks. Cannot wait for winter now! Pairing them with the (last year's) Better Sweater Coat http://www.6pm.com/patagonia-better-sweater-coat-natural and I feel it's going to be a comfy season!

Thanks for letting me know!! I think that may be enough to push me to order! And I love the coat and would order that too but it's gone in my size. :(. Quick question, how is be height of those boots- I'm short so sometime have issues with them hitting the back of my knee when I sit.

cookiemonster80
10-07-2014, 09:14 AM
not sure if you are still looking at these but they are $125 at STP
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/merrell-captiva-launch-boots-leather-for-women~p~5667c/?colorFamily=02&merch=cart-rec-5667C