PDA

View Full Version : Ride height req't

barkley1
09-25-2014, 03:18 PM
How strict are they about height requirements? Dd is 37.5", maybe 37.75". Will they let her on the 38" rides, possibly?

SnuggleBuggles
09-25-2014, 03:23 PM
Is that in bare feet or shoes?

123LuckyMom
09-25-2014, 03:23 PM
Her head needs to brush the bottom of the height measurer. They do check. I suggest a hairdo and sneakers that heighten her as much as possible, but if her head brushes when she walks under the sign, they'll let her on.

TwinFoxes
09-25-2014, 03:51 PM
For a 1/4 inch, buy thick soled shoes. :) Keens and curly hair definitely helped our DD2. :)

barkley1
09-25-2014, 05:00 PM
That is with shoes. Lelli Kellis....might be time for her to get a pair of (thick soled) sneakers :)

PZMommy
09-25-2014, 07:34 PM
My cousin had growth issues, and he wore cowboy boots with those individual packs of Kleenex in them under his heel to give him an extra inch or so.

KrisM
09-25-2014, 08:01 PM
Also, they are tallest in the mornings, so go then. And teach her to stand tall.

hellokitty
09-25-2014, 08:18 PM
They're very strict. Ds3 was only about half an inch too short and they wouldn't let him on. They got the measuring tape out and everything.

belovedgandp
09-25-2014, 09:27 PM
Not at Disney, but I have folded up sheets of packing material - the thin stuff you put between dishes - and put that in the heel of DS's tennis shoes. Got him that last 1/4 of an inch.

Before kids DH and I were at WDW and stood in line for Space Mountain with this kid wearing these awful cowboy boots. They looked so uncomfortable to me. As we exited the ride I saw him switching them out for regular tennis shoes and finally understood.

pastrygirl
09-26-2014, 08:39 AM
I'm not sure about Disney, but this summer, there was a girl that was clearly shorter than my son (who was just barely too short for the ride), but she had a big, poofy ponytail and the front of her hair was poofed up by it. They had her stand against the height chart and she "passed" because of her hair. I told my son we'd spike his hair next time. (This was for a mountain coaster that he's been on a billion times with his dad and grandpa. I was completely comfortable with him riding alone.

hellokitty
09-26-2014, 09:29 AM
I'm not sure about Disney, but this summer, there was a girl that was clearly shorter than my son (who was just barely too short for the ride), but she had a big, poofy ponytail and the front of her hair was poofed up by it. They had her stand against the height chart and she "passed" because of her hair. I told my son we'd spike his hair next time. (This was for a mountain coaster that he's been on a billion times with his dad and grandpa. I was completely comfortable with him riding alone.

My boys have naturally spiky hair and they flattened their hair when they measured my youngest one! Dh said he noticed that the younger cm were much more strict about measuring than older cm...

AnimalBabe
09-26-2014, 01:10 PM
That is with shoes. Lelli Kellis....might be time for her to get a pair of (thick soled) sneakers :)

We just got back from Disney. They did measure my son, he was 39.5" when we measured him at home, but with the thick shoes and his fluffy hair on top, he met the 40" bar no problem. Maybe also add a hat? My husband made sure we had the thick soled shoes on him at all times, hehe. :-)

barkley1
09-26-2014, 03:40 PM
Found her a (ahem, "lovely") pair of bright pink Doc McStuffins shoes at Target today that will do the trick! since she has all of 10 strands of hair, we'll throw a hat on, too! thanks!!!