PDA

View Full Version : Awesome skinny jean rec!

nfowife
09-27-2014, 02:27 PM
Just got 2 pairs of the Jag "Nora" jeans and they are awesome! I ordered my typical size (12) and a size down (10) and the 10s fit way better. I got the "after midnight" color and they are a nice deep indigo. These are awesome!! I feel so slim in them and the material is nice. Because they are pull-on there is NO muffin top or indent where the button is. I am already planning to order a pair in black. I got mine on amazon but there are also reviews on nordstrom. I'm going to wear these for family pictures in 2 weeks for sure.
I normally wear a 29-30" inseam but I got these in regular and they are great. I could wear them with flats or boots.
Hope this helps!

athompson
09-27-2014, 10:27 PM
Thanks! Ordered two pairs from Amazon. They have a 20% off coupon good on these right now.

cookiemonster80
09-29-2014, 01:58 PM
I've been wondering about these- but am afraid they'll look like maternity jeans, especially when I bend over- I guess wearing longer tops will help.

I have to admit - as the author of 'I hate jeans digging in thread' these are very intriguing- but I'm afraid of grandma elastic waist pants at 34 years old!

SnuggleBuggles
09-29-2014, 02:03 PM
I have a pair of boot cut ones if those from a few years ago. I don't feel like they are like maternity pants. But, since I live those, that wouldn't bother me. Love me some elastic. I like the look of jeans and ease of these. :)

specialp
09-29-2014, 02:13 PM
I bought some 2 years ago post maternity to fill the gap while I lost the final few pounds to fit into my regular jeans. I loved them when I put them on, but got aggravated as the day went on. I felt like the tummy band bold over on itself and I was constantly having to correct it. Might have been my baggy belly, but I never bought more.

nfowife
09-29-2014, 02:18 PM
I will let you know once I wear them for a full day. The top "panel" part is the same denim as the pants- there's no elastic like maternity jeans. I would only wear them with a longer shirt but I never tuck anything in anyhow. I do think they need to be quite snug at first because I imagine they will stretch, that is why it's advised to size down. I could tell that while the 12s fit me, they weren't sucking me in so that's why I liked the 10s better.

abh5e8
09-29-2014, 02:22 PM
promo code SEPTSTYL for 20% off as well.

specialp
09-29-2014, 02:26 PM
I will let you know once I wear them for a full day. The top "panel" part is the same denim as the pants- there's no elastic like maternity jeans. I would only wear them with a longer shirt but I never tuck anything in anyhow. I do think they need to be quite snug at first because I imagine they will stretch, that is why it's advised to size down. I could tell that while the 12s fit me, they weren't sucking me in so that's why I liked the 10s better.

Agree about sizing down. I remember wearing an 8 in Jag, but my size 8 regular jeans weren't fitting yet.

nfowife
09-29-2014, 03:45 PM
Also I just returned the larger size and though the amazon policy was confusing, I did get to keep the discount on the pair I am keeping. So after the discount the final price is $55.20 per pair from $69. Not bad.

cookiemonster80
09-29-2014, 03:52 PM
Also I just returned the larger size and though the amazon policy was confusing, I did get to keep the discount on the pair I am keeping. So after the discount the final price is $55.20 per pair from $69. Not bad.

How did you keep your discount if the total price was under $100????

nfowife
09-29-2014, 03:54 PM
I originally bought 2 pairs and got 20$ off the total. I returned one but they refunded me $55.20- one pair with 20% discount. So I got to keep the discount on the pair I kept even though by itself it is less than $100.

Mommy_Mea
10-03-2014, 08:13 PM
Bumping because these are on sale now for $47.94!

cookiemonster80
10-04-2014, 09:41 PM
Bumping because these are on sale now for $47.94!

Thanks - this was enough for me to try them. How is everyone liking them so far? Falling down issues?

twowhat?
10-04-2014, 09:54 PM
I have a pair of Jag pull-on ponte pants that I paid a lot for. They are very comfy but the elastic absolutely stretched over time. I can't wear them now without constantly pulling them up, and I did size down like everyone says to. It also doesn't help my tummy pooch - I actually find that non-stretch (or less stretch) denim holds my stomach in better.

I have big hips in relation to my waist though (38 hips, 27 waist) so take this with a grain of salt! I'm sure that having to shimmy the pants over past my wide hips did not help the elastic waist at all:)

I think if you have more narrow hips these would work great! But for the very hourglass shaped gals, "pull up" doesn't make as much sense...it's harder to pull up past your hips and then tends to be too loose at the waist for any sort of tummy control.

twowhat?
10-04-2014, 09:55 PM
sorry, duplicate post!

mikala
10-04-2014, 10:44 PM
I have a pair of Jag pull-on ponte pants that I paid a lot for. They are very comfy but the elastic absolutely stretched over time. I can't wear them now without constantly pulling them up, and I did size down like everyone says to. It also doesn't help my tummy pooch - I actually find that non-stretch (or less stretch) denim holds my stomach in better.

I have big hips in relation to my waist though (38 hips, 27 waist) so take this with a grain of salt! I'm sure that having to shimmy the pants over past my wide hips did not help the elastic waist at all:)

I think if you have more narrow hips these would work great! But for the very hourglass shaped gals, "pull up" doesn't make as much sense...it's harder to pull up past your hips and then tends to be too loose at the waist for any sort of tummy control.

I have a similar build and experience. I adored my boot cut Jag jeans postpartum while everything was finding a new normal but found that they didn't stay up and caused baggy butt after a few months. Part of it may have been weight loss but most of it seemed to be a loss of stretch over time. But maybe the straighter leg styles would hold their shape better? I'm curious to hear more reviews on these.

SnuggleBuggles
10-05-2014, 11:05 AM
The elastic on mine hasn't stretched out.

nfowife
10-05-2014, 02:07 PM
The waist is not really elastic- it's more like a panel of the same denim as the pants. I wore mine the other night and there was no rolling or major stretching. They were great. I will say that when a fabric has a higher level of spandex you shouldn't dry them in the dryer because the heat can damage the stretch.

twowhat?
10-05-2014, 03:27 PM
The waist is not really elastic- it's more like a panel of the same denim as the pants. I wore mine the other night and there was no rolling or major stretching. They were great. I will say that when a fabric has a higher level of spandex you shouldn't dry them in the dryer because the heat can damage the stretch.

Yeah you're right, "elastic" is the wrong word. Same on my Jag pants - the panel is the same material as the pants, and yes they say not to tumble dry (dry flat). I hope they hold up - denim is a sturdier fabric overall!

My hips are so wide though that I have to really stretch them to get over my hips (and fit properly at the waist). So the concept just don't work for me, which is a huge bummer because they ARE comfy! I have to struggle to find button/zipper jeans that have a wider waistband - those work best for me. I had a fabulous pair with a wide waistband that required 2 buttons but I've gained weight and they no longer work. Bleh.

basil
10-07-2014, 08:45 PM
I tried these and they just didn't work for me! I'm so bummed. In a size big enough to actually get past my hips (10), they ended up slipping down and the waist ended up below my belly button within like 20 minutes of putting them on. Then of course they're stretched tight across my lower belly and widest part of my hips, giving me a nice muffin top, which is what I'm trying to avoid! I doubt I could have even gotten a size 8 on.

I hate jeans and I may just live in my Bettona jeggings all winter. Bleh!