PDA

View Full Version : Where is the nearest liquor store...

StantonHyde
09-28-2014, 02:12 PM
For DD's birthday I took 3 girls plus DS and a friend for DS to an indoor amusement place. In the 45 minutes it took to pick up everybody, the girls got in various squabbles, the boy got in the car with peanut butter toast and one of the girls is allergic to nuts so she bursts into tears. The boy jumps out of the car and trashes the toast. (I told them all they could bring snacks in my car) On the first ride, they are fighting because one girl is terrified and the other girl wants to spin it. So I meet them at the exit and tell them to each go in their different cars do they can ride how they want. (The place is basically empty because it just opened) I am ready for a stiff drink and it's only noon. I do have a bottle of wine waiting for me at home. Another 3-4 hours plus the ride to drop off every body. Pray for me....

elephantmeg
09-28-2014, 02:22 PM
Oh jeez. Good luck!!!

georgiegirl
09-28-2014, 02:29 PM
Do they serve liquor there?

SnuggleBuggles
09-28-2014, 02:47 PM
Learned my amusement park lesson years ago: 1 guest and that kid has to love to ride since ds1 loves to ride. Very best of luck!!

StantonHyde
09-28-2014, 03:00 PM
No alcohol here but they do have movie theater popcorn. Copious amounts of fake butter has a soothing effect...

hellokitty
09-28-2014, 04:58 PM
Omg, what a disaster trip. I hope you get some alcohol after it's all over. You deserve it.

Seitvonzu
09-28-2014, 06:31 PM
i tip my glass to you! what a nightmare! enjoy your evening...i'm hoping you are almost home :)

Indianamom2
09-28-2014, 07:22 PM
Oh my! That sounds, ummm...stressful. I hope it's all over by now and you are relaxing in a nice warm tub with a beverage of your choice!

SummerBaby
09-28-2014, 08:04 PM
OMG! I hope you made it through the day and are deep into your wine by now!

MamaMolly
09-28-2014, 08:25 PM
Oh yuck. Just yuck. We spent the afternoon at a friend's birthday party. Sadly the little dude is the loudest screamer I have ever met. And I used to teach 1-2nd grade. And currently teach in a preschool. And he screams everything because he's EXCITED. Love him, love the family, he just needs a mute button. Oy.

StantonHyde
09-28-2014, 08:36 PM
ah yes, I am now into my second or third glass of wine--who's counting??? Thankfully, the place did not get really busy till 2:00 or so and the birthday people were so helpful. The place filled up with families and kids bday parties. No obnoxious teens. I had to smile because we were the only Caucasian people there. (typical Sunday in Utah--the Catholic (mostly Latino) families are the folks doing things together on a Sunday afternoon) The boys played laser tag with lots of other kids and had lots of fun. It really was a nice atmosphere.

And then the girls----the ride home was fun because the girls got into squabbles about who was excluding whom. I just turned up the radio. Then we had to get out at EACH house to visit each person's dog. Ok, so the first dog was DS's friend's 8 week old lab puppy who was so stinking cute that I could have just died! (I did drop off the most obnoxious girl first and that dropped the stress level way down) Then the last girl, who is nice but is so spastic you just have to wonder if she doesn't need some sort of medication, was spazzng out in the back seat and smacked DD in the nose so we had a gushing bloody nose. FINALLY got home at 5:30--yes, I left my house at 10:20 and got home at five eff ing 30. I just told the kids that daddy was in charge. (Daddy has been at car racing school for 4 days. Really, it is something he loves and has wanted to do and good for him, I have my backpacking trips---but YES, he can take kid duty NOW!!!)

Thank you all for your commiseration. Perhaps you can be thankful that your day was not as alcohol inducing as mine :54:

And there is lovely sunset over the gorgeous Wasatch mountains that I can see from my deck. It's a little chilly but I am outside where no one can talk to me. ahhhhhhhhh...........

lkoala
09-29-2014, 11:56 AM
And there is lovely sunset over the gorgeous Wasatch mountains that I can see from my deck. It's a little chilly but I am outside where no one can talk to me. ahhhhhhhhh...........

LOL, I really miss the deck at my old house. It was a great escape even in midwinter :) Glad you made it through the craziness.