PDA

View Full Version : Fist timers to DW - how many days do we need?

janine
09-29-2014, 01:15 PM
Trying to plan a last minute trip to DW! DD's are 3 and 6 and we are thinking the first week of November.

How many days makes sense for a first trip with this age group. We'll be back I'm sure so no need to cover it all - is 2 days in the park good or do we need more?

I'll take any tips you can offer a newbie. I think we'll stay in the park for the days we are there.

georgiegirl
09-29-2014, 01:21 PM
More! I would say 5 days--2 in magic kingdom, 1 in each other park: animal kingdom, Hollywood studios and Epcot. If you only have 4 days, then ax Hollywood studios.

janine
09-29-2014, 01:28 PM
More! I would say 5 days--2 in magic kingdom, 1 in each other park: animal kingdom, Hollywood studios and Epcot. If you only have 4 days, then ax Hollywood studios.

Yea I think they are too young for Studios and Epcot so maybe we up it to 3 (plus DH can't get a whole week off boo)....

Will it be hard to get hotel bookings this close?

khalloc
09-29-2014, 01:47 PM
Magic Kingdom will take 2 days. Go to Animal Kingdom for 1 day. I'd skip Epcot and Hollywood Studios. My kids were 5 and almost 3 when we went and they were bored at Epcot. That day with them was pretty painful. They loved the other 2 though. We skipped HS.

123LuckyMom
09-29-2014, 02:57 PM
In your situation, I'd do three days, two in MK and 1 in AK. I never understand, though, why people think EPCOT is for older kids. My kids last went when they were 4 and 11 months, and they both LOVED it! We stayed for 6 days: 2 days at MK, 2 days at EPCOT, and a day each at AK and DHS. I think it was the perfect length trip. We left wishing we had just one more day, which is probably good.

georgiegirl
09-29-2014, 03:07 PM
The first week of November should be great! We went two years ago then (kids were 6 and 3) and everyone had a blast. Our kids like Epcot.

Still-in-Shock
10-16-2014, 07:48 AM
If either of your children like the Disney Jr. channel, then I would plan at least a few hours at the Hollywood Studios for the show there.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/hollywood-studios/disney-junior-live-on-stage/
Jake and Sofia are characters they can meet there.