PDA

View Full Version : Disney World while pregnant?

Chitowngirl
09-30-2014, 08:25 AM
I am trying to plan a Disney trip for DS who will be 2.5 at the time we travel. There is also a good chance I will be pregnant at the time (hopefully). Is this a good idea? A terrible idea? He's only 2.5 so any rides he goes on will be very tame - would I be allowed to go on with him or will I have to sit them all out? I would probably be in my late first to mid second trimester when we go. Thanks.

abh5e8
09-30-2014, 08:40 AM
I went in April and had ds2 in Oct, so I was about 4 months. my dc were 3 and 18 months at the time. i rode rides with them. no one said anything to me. at that point, i think its really up to you. all the rides will say do not ride if pregnant, but i think they have to say that. no one asked me "are you pregnant" or said "you can't ride." we had a great time, as I was past morning sickeness and still not too big or tired or sore.

SnuggleBuggles
09-30-2014, 08:45 AM
I went to DL for one day when I was 6m pg. I had to sit out the roller coasters but could ride almost everything else. There were few rides that suggested not to ride if pg. We had a great time!

123LuckyMom
09-30-2014, 08:46 AM
I agree that it will really be about how you feel. I can't imagine doing Disney with bad morning sickness and fatigue, but I tend to have unpleasant pregnancies. If you think you'll be feeling well and won't mind being on some rides that turn and jerk a bit, go for it! Be aware that Disney is a lot of walking and standing. I'd take it nice and slow.

ChristinaLucia
09-30-2014, 08:48 AM
I was in the middle of terrible morning sickness, but for some reason walking around Disney all day was like a magic cure. I never felt better! There were a few rides I couldn't go on, but with a 2.5 year old you should be able to do almost anything they do. I would go for it!

keh602
09-30-2014, 11:04 AM
I would not hesitate at all to go to WDW while pregnant as long as I was feeling well. There are a lot of rides you could go on even if you were pretty far along.

klwa
09-30-2014, 01:21 PM
We took DS when I was 8 weeks along with DD1. He was about the same age as your little one. The only ride he could go on that I didn't feel comfortable going on was the Barnstormer. DH took him on that one.

This site gives a good idea of what's safe and not. :) http://allears.net/tp/rr.htm

ETA: Anything not listed on that site is considered nonrestricted.

catsnkid
09-30-2014, 04:31 PM
I went when I was about 5 months PG. There wasn't really any ride I wanted to go on (not a roller coaster person) that I couldn't go on.

cookiemonster80
09-30-2014, 05:45 PM
How hard are your pregnancies? That will really be the issue. I could barely walk across the room for 5 months- my best friend on the other hand ran a half marathon while 5 months Preggo- you know yourself the best.

AnimalBabe
10-01-2014, 12:09 PM
I am trying to plan a Disney trip for DS who will be 2.5 at the time we travel. There is also a good chance I will be pregnant at the time (hopefully). Is this a good idea? A terrible idea? He's only 2.5 so any rides he goes on will be very tame - would I be allowed to go on with him or will I have to sit them all out? I would probably be in my late first to mid second trimester when we go. Thanks.

What time of year will that be? We just got back from our first trip with DS who is 4.5 years old. I was just reaching 7 mos pregnant when we left at the end of our week long trip. I felt pretty great before we got there, but it is a TON of walking, and in the mornings I got progressively more crampy. Just seemed to be in the mornings though, and then at night I was pretty sore in my lower belly/top of legs probably just from the walking. I felt pretty good during the days though. My Dr said beforehand there were no rides he wouldn't tell me to go on besides maybe rollercoasters, everything is pretty tame. I went on pretty much everything there with my son and husband, except for Splash mountain or things I felt might be too jerky. No one, even on the supposedly restricted rides for pregnant women (even the safari ride at AK, gimme a break), even blinked at seeing me that big and getting on them. I would say go, just stay hydrated and tell your husband that you'll need to take it a little slower maybe (mine was running me ragged getting me to all of our fastpasses and reservations on time). We went when it was very hot too, so bring a mister or buy one! Oh, and turns out my son wanted to be held practically the whole time, it was like he left his legs at home. LOL. So that might have made me more tired there.

Chitowngirl
10-01-2014, 01:27 PM
My last pregnant wasn't too bad. Hopefully the next one will be the same although I've heard it doesn't always work that way. Sounds like it's definitely do-able though so I'm going to take the risk and start planning!!! Will probably be back for many more questions as I go along. Thanks all!!!

SnuggleBuggles
10-01-2014, 01:28 PM
Maybe buy travel insurance. If you wind up not being able to do it for health reasons, you won't be out $.

HannaAddict
10-01-2014, 01:51 PM
Doesn't Disney let you cancel pretty close to the visit? A week or two out? I wouldn't buy travel insurance but make sure I knew when I could cancel by and not book airfare until closer to the trip or be willing to pay airline change fee. I went to DL at 16 weeks pregnant and was fine.

georgiegirl
10-01-2014, 02:05 PM
I went when I was 17 weeks pregnant. It was super easy because I was feeling good and not too big. The crazy part was that we met friends there and the wife was 36 weeks pregnant and walked all over the park like a regular person.