PDA

View Full Version : Mil, don't offer to help if you can't follow through

cookiemonster80
09-30-2014, 02:23 PM
This makes the 4th time this year she has offered to come help and canceled at the last minute because SIL needs her. Not to mention SIL lives in the same town, we live 10 hours away. Not to mention SIL doesn't work and I do, Not to mention she sees them daily, not to mention she felt guilty about the thee cancelations and asked when she could come help and NOT TO MENTION WE ARE MOVING THE WEEK AFTER SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO COME AND I REALLY NEEDED THE HELP!

This is just another thing in a very long list of similar things but really- I needed the help and it smarts more this time.

DONT OFFER IF YOU ARENT GOING TO FOLLOW THROUGH

belovedgandp
09-30-2014, 02:59 PM
Oh, that really smarts. So sorry. It's hard to be civil after being let down that many times.

StantonHyde
09-30-2014, 04:47 PM
uh, that would be the end of me entertaining her offers. Like if she offers again, say "No thank you. I don't want to make plans just to have you cancel at the last minute." She has proven herself unreliable. Done.

What a PITA when you really needed her too--I am fuming for you.

elektra
09-30-2014, 04:52 PM
I would be so pissed. I am sorry.

liz
09-30-2014, 04:54 PM
wow, I would be so mad and hurt. I would refuse her "help" in the future, since it seems she is completely unreliable. Sorry :(

Momit
09-30-2014, 05:06 PM
Ugh. That really sucks.

wellyes
09-30-2014, 05:15 PM
You should convey how disappointed you are. That is not reasonable.