PDA

View Full Version : Day 1: Organize your home in 40 days

KrisM
10-01-2014, 06:54 AM
This is it! Pick something from your list to get done today. Don't forget to cross it off when you are done.

Feel free to add pictures, progress reports, etc.

Original thread: http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?480890-Organize-your-home-in-40-days-join-in!

Good luck!

KrisM
10-01-2014, 06:55 AM
I'm starting with cleaning behind and inside the fridge. Not really organizing, but it's something I put off way too long it seems.

jgenie
10-01-2014, 07:11 AM
I started on my tax paperwork on Monday. Hoping to finish organizing it today and then starting on the guest bedroom.

KrisM
10-01-2014, 10:57 AM
I got the fridge done. It took way longer than I thought it would. it was pretty dusty behind and underneath! I love a clean inside and it looks so much nicer now. yay!

hillview
10-01-2014, 06:25 PM
I am posting to stay current. Got my filing purged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgenie
10-01-2014, 06:43 PM
I got my tax paperwork ready to drop off tomorrow morning. :)

I spent 2 hours organizing my files - still a long way to go. I spent an hour in my guest bedroom - almost done in there. Hope to finish the guest room tomorrow.

twowhat?
10-01-2014, 10:45 PM
Not off to a good start at all! I had to work this evening, had to go to the grocery store, and am just now sitting down. Nothing is gonna get done today:(

SnuggleBuggles
10-01-2014, 10:53 PM
Geotrax done.

Mamabear4
10-01-2014, 11:02 PM
Purged and organized in the master closet today. It was a huge job - we've been living out of laundry bins and clothing piles on the floor :bag
Tomorrow I plan to dust and vacuum in there and straighten up hanging clothes (align by color and type, remove dry cleaning bags, take extra hangers to laundry room). And I have 2 more bins of clothes to put away.

theriviera
10-01-2014, 11:22 PM
I haven't made my full list but I started it. Tonight I organized junk drawer #1. I purged a lot of stuff and got rid of all of the non functional pens. That part made me pretty happy :)

mikala
10-01-2014, 11:38 PM
I finished about half of the master closet today. I collected two big donation bags and am hoping for at least one more tomorrow.

niccig
10-02-2014, 01:16 AM
This is such a great idea. I can only join in on weekends, but I'll try to get one or two things done on the weekends.
I have been using ideas posted to my thread about the mail. I have a recycling biln by the front door and I'm sorting the mail each day. I leave it by the door for DH to pick-up, but at least all the junk is thrown out.

jgenie
10-02-2014, 05:12 AM
Geotrax done.

Would you mind sharing how you organized these? We have a huge collection and I still haven't figured out how to store them.

WatchingThemGrow
10-02-2014, 06:37 AM
I'm a Concrete Random, so I didn't really look at my list, but I did start (a day early) and worked on both boys' closets. Funny, but when gathering stuff for the housecleaner to do, I found a huge amount of stuff that should be ironed and ready for winter - for church and eating at the ILs' clubhouse. I'm working through that before crossing those closets off completely. Wonder what I'll pick today to "start" and not finish, lol.

Melaine
10-02-2014, 07:11 AM
Well, I am already feeling like I won't be able to keep up! i did a very basic clean up of the van....better than nothing I guess.

KrisM
10-02-2014, 07:15 AM
Well, I am already feeling like I won't be able to keep up! i did a very basic clean up of the van....better than nothing I guess.

I feel that way, too. Today, I am thinking I need something quick. I am worried I'll get to the point that all I'll have is the big projects left.

gymnbomb
10-02-2014, 09:16 AM
I had already done most of the packing up, so I feel like it was kind of cheating -- but since I started a day late I'm going to count it :) I finished packing up my maternity and DS's newborn and 0-3 month clothes into 2 big plastic storage bins and took them down to the basement. Also rearranged a few things down there so they would fit nicely. Eventually when there are more boxes some of them may end up in the attic, but DH is sick and I can't get them up there by myself, so for now the basement will do just fine!

KrisM
10-02-2014, 09:53 AM
I had already done most of the packing up, so I feel like it was kind of cheating -- but since I started a day late I'm going to count it :) I finished packing up my maternity and DS's newborn and 0-3 month clothes into 2 big plastic storage bins and took them down to the basement. Also rearranged a few things down there so they would fit nicely. Eventually when there are more boxes some of them may end up in the attic, but DH is sick and I can't get them up there by myself, so for now the basement will do just fine!

It totally counts. Sometimes just finishing up an organizing project is the hardest part!

goldenpig
10-03-2014, 10:28 AM
Cleaned off the desktop and the top two drawers. It was clean for one night. Then DH put another big pile of papers on top of the desk. Arrgh!

specialp
10-03-2014, 11:55 AM
Cleaned off the desktop and the top two drawers. It was clean for one night. Then DH put another big pile of papers on top of the desk. Arrgh!

At least you got photographic evidence before he messed it up!

Still-in-Shock
10-08-2014, 01:48 PM
I started my list with something I did last week, since it was during October. I organized the hats in my closet - and found 3 that I forgot about!

94bruin
10-08-2014, 06:26 PM

How do you get anything done. What a gorgeous view out the window! I think I'd be staring out the window instead of work at my desk, lol!

Day 1: Organized last year's Girl Scout paperwork(I'm DD1's troop's treasurer/cookie mom.) Ready for a new year!

rlu
05-29-2015, 12:37 AM
1. Create/decorate “these socks are made for walking” drawer (a shoe box that slided into and out of a hacked applesauce box) under walking shoes
done!

jgenie
09-12-2015, 08:47 PM
Day 1 - cleaned my closet drawers

KrisM
10-01-2015, 10:25 AM
My new day 1 was yesterday - cleaned out all my desk drawers. they look great now!

rlu
10-01-2015, 10:28 PM
Started over with a Fall 2015 list. C/O indicates carried over from Spring 2015 list.

C/O Actually file necessary papers in their file (work with DH to keep area around cabinet clear) – done 9/27