PDA

View Full Version : Jewelry??

Mopey
10-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Hey ladies,

I picked a dress for my friend's wedding this weekend and holy moly I've never worn anything like it. Fancier than my wedding dress. I am 5'9" and very curvy fyi. Gathering my strength and confidence - especially since I've just found out I am part of a small group of friends who will actually sing the bride down the aisle! :47: (Plus she's borrowing my earrings and I'm making the cake; so special!!) https://www.renttherunway.com/shop/designers/carmenmarcvalvo_dresses/goldidolgown

If you can't tell the mesh the lace is on is black. I have black satin d'Orsay stilettos and a black satin clutch. Earrings?? I really don't think I can handle a necklace with this, though I am considering what a sparkly gold skinny belt might look like with this....possibly awful!

Anyway, jewelry thoughts & ideas pretty please? TIA!!

:)

echoesofspring
10-01-2014, 12:22 PM
A beautiful dress! Looking at the pics of everyone wearing it, I'd spend my $ making sure my undergarments are all up to snuff, spankx, etc. if need be and maybe even a bra fitting as that seems to be a central part of how good that dress looks on people. Jewelry wise, bold earrings and maybe a statement ring are I think the only jewelry that dress needs. No belt, it would take away from the gathering on the side. Have fun!

Mopey
10-01-2014, 12:31 PM
I am sort of like the Dolly Parton character from Steel Magnolias - love me some spandex! I have the smooth beige t-shirt bra and the ridiculous kim kardashian style slip that totally rocks my behind. Plus a waist cincher possibly. I do not mess around ;) hehehe

I am wearing a very old family dinner ring (flat pinky ring) that is all diamonds; engagement and wedding ring on the other hand. No bracelets with the sleeves.

boolady
10-01-2014, 02:16 PM
I would not wear a necklace or a belt. Earrings, yes.