PDA

View Full Version : Simple doll storage ideas

mikeys_mom
10-02-2014, 05:24 PM
We pared-down our doll and stuffed animal collection before we moved but it still seems like there are just so many. We've been really diligent with the kids about cleaning them up at night so at least they are not strewn all over the house. The issue now is that I have a large, very overflowing Rubbermaid bin taking up prime floor space in our main living area. All the other toy bins there have lids and stack nicely so this really sticks out and looks messy. I'd like to move the dolls into the twins bedroom. I finally fully unpacked and there is enough space to store dolls in their room.

I'm just looking for a better system than the overflowing bin. It's really dusty and sandy here so I'd prefer to minimize things sitting on the floor but I can't think of a better option. Plus, I can't easily install something on the wall because the house is made out of concrete so I'd have to actually drill into the wall. Nails won't work. While not prohibited in the rental agreement, we are only in this house for 2 years so drilling just doesn't seem worth the effort.

Maybe I'm searching using the wrong google search terms but all the ideas that turn up are these fancy American Girl storage ideas. I'm not building anything and wood is pretty expensive here. Do I just split them into two bins that can actually close and call it a day?

Any better ideas?

KrisM
10-02-2014, 06:10 PM
What kind of dolls? Do you have accessories to store or just a lot of clothes?

mikeys_mom
10-02-2014, 06:34 PM
Just plain, baby dolls like Corolle Calin and stuffed animals. Most stuffed animals are small webkinz-type but there are one or two bigger ones like build-a bear size. No accessories or clothes. Those are in another bin and fit nicely with the other toys. I might move that one up to their room as well but it doesn't take up much space.
Oh, and one really big Raggedy-Anne doll that somehow got packed onto the container before I realized it. Wish that one would have been left behind.

Tenasparkl
10-02-2014, 06:54 PM
We store all of our doll stuff in a toybox like this & it holds a good amount. At one point I had some of the doll accessories on the above shelves in containers, but now that we've given some away I use the top for board games.

http://www.amazon.com/Step2-Lift-Bookcase-Storage-Chest/dp/B001LMW5ZY/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412290202&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=step+2+tpybox

mariza
10-03-2014, 11:21 PM
I used over the door show organizers for DS' extensive Beenie Boo collection. They look cute hanging there and he's happy because he can see them all and I'm happy they are not in a pile on his bed and floor. You could probably get 2 Webkinz in each compartment. They have larger sizes (think purse organizer) for the bigger ones.

ETA: I found this, it has some cute ideas: http://diylovely.com/12-diy-stuffed-animal-storage-ideas/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeys_mom
10-20-2014, 12:50 PM
I used over the door show organizers for DS' extensive Beenie Boo collection. They look cute hanging there and he's happy because he can see them all and I'm happy they are not in a pile on his bed and floor. You could probably get 2 Webkinz in each compartment. They have larger sizes (think purse organizer) for the bigger ones.

ETA: I found this, it has some cute ideas: http://diylovely.com/12-diy-stuffed-animal-storage-ideas/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Such a great idea! It's perfect for my house because it will keep them off the floor. It gets so dusty here that I really try to keep the floor space as open as possible or cleaning takes forever. I was out shopping today and couldn't find any stores that had what I wanted but when I got home I pulled out all the smaller stuffed animals from the bin I'm currently using and now the dolls all fit nicely.

I'm planning to hit Ikea later this week and hopefully I can find a shoe organizer there. I'm actually planning to hang it on the front of the door to the twins room. They never really close the door and this way it's accessible to all 3 girls.