PDA

View Full Version : Day 3: Organize your home in 40 days

KrisM
10-03-2014, 08:22 AM
Feel free to start today if you want to join in! No need to make up the days :)

I'm hoping to get to something later today, but have to run some errands first. If I can, I'm going to go through the drawers in my dresser. They are over filled and I am sure I can get rid of some things.

Good luck organizing today!

KrisM
10-03-2014, 10:05 AM
Darn rain! I don't want to run errands in the rain, since the mall is so far away. But, I went through a pile of stuff in my bedroom. Not on my list, but am glad it's done :). Will make the bedroom part of the list a bit faster! And I was nice to my kids and put away their laundry.

jgenie
10-03-2014, 02:32 PM
DS2 only had school for 2.5 hrs - by the time I met with our contractor and ran to get paperwork regarding taxes my time was up. I'm hoping to sneak in some cleaning this weekend.

mikala
10-03-2014, 02:45 PM
I spent a few hours on the kid closets and now have big piles of baby gear and clothes to sell, donate, or loan to friends. It was slow going because I had two little "helpers" that kept rearranging my piles. Kid closets are about 70% done now and my own closet is about 50% done. I'm hoping to finish the closets this weekend and start on another area on Monday.

Mamabear4
10-03-2014, 10:06 PM
I didn't accomplish anything on my list today, but I did vacuum and wash hardwoods of the entire downstairs and did 3 loads of laundry. So, no organizing from my list completed, but I still feel like I made some good progress.

WatchingThemGrow
10-03-2014, 10:35 PM
Darn rain! I don't want to run errands in the rain, since the mall is so far away.
:rotflmao: that is SO much like me! If it is raining or cold, I rearrange my plans. Hate running around in the cold rain.

I now feel like I have to get something done every day before I leave the house. So, today, I organized a bunch of papers that had piled up and reached over to organize the junk drawer. The biggest thing was to grab a slider ziploc for the box tops and soup labels that were scattered in the drawer. Not as productive as days 1 & 2 where I organized my DCs' clothing, and completely vac'd and mopped their whole rooms, including under the beds. DD is appreciating the extra work I did on her AG stuff. She's setting out outfits for dolls each night, lol.

hillview
10-04-2014, 08:37 AM
taking a mulligan on day 3. Working on the books some more today.

KrisM
10-05-2014, 09:01 AM
From my list - I organized the laundry room cabinets on Saturday. That was my day 3. They were not bad...just some regrouping mostly.

niccig
10-06-2014, 03:54 AM
I put up hooks in the laundry room for the broom, mop etc. That's it.

gymnbomb
10-07-2014, 09:32 AM
Running a few days behind... But for my third day I cleaned off the guest room bed and put clean sheets on it so it'll be ready when my Mom visits. Should probably tackle the rest of that room soon!

jgenie
10-08-2014, 01:47 PM
Finally got some time to work on this. Cleaned my armoire today.

94bruin
10-08-2014, 06:40 PM
Cleaned out the pile of school work. I just let the school work pile up and go through it every few weeks. I have better clarity about what should be kept vs what should be thrown away if I wait a bit. If I try to do it when it comes home on Fridays, my tendency is to keep everything!

jgenie
09-17-2015, 12:02 PM
Day 3 - cleaned master bath cabinets