PDA

View Full Version : Do I want Ann Taylor or Loft Curvy jeans? What is the difference?

Hemlock
10-03-2014, 06:49 PM
I've heard lots of love for the Ann Taylor/Loft curvy jeans. So what is the difference between the two. Obviously price (around $20 more for Ann Taylor), and quality (?). What about fit? They both have a curvy fit denim, which one do you love?

Also, I'm 5,3 and 140 lbs. I have a small waist and a big bootie/hips. Do you think I would be a 6 or an 8?

gymnbomb
10-03-2014, 07:31 PM
I have some from the Ann Taylor outlet and my mom has a couple pair from Loft. We are both very happy with them but I can't do a direct comparison. Mostly wanted to say I have several pair of shorts and capris from Loft and I find they run large. I am 5'3" and 110-115 and generally a 2-4. My 4 petite AT outlet jeans are almost falling off, as are my size 2 Loft capris and shorts. I actually have a pair of shorts from Loft that are 0's that fit great, and I have never in my life been a 0!! I have a smaller waist and larger hips and thighs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rollycolly2007
10-03-2014, 08:28 PM
I only own 4 pairs of jeans and 2 of them are Ann Taylor Loft Curvy. I love them so much.

Expecting DS 03/18/15!!!!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lmintzer
10-08-2014, 09:06 AM
[QUOTE=rollycolly2007;4039350]I only own 4 pairs of jeans and 2 of them are Ann Taylor Loft Curvy. I love them so much.

The only kind of skinny jeans that I have found to look good on me are AT Loft Curvy Skinny. I have 3 pairs. I hope they are still selling them this year and haven't changed the cut, because these things rock (at least for certain body types). I love that they are a true mid-rise (not too high, not too low) and are not plastered-on tight around a curvier butt and thighs but still taper nicely through the legs and can tuck into boots. I buy them in petite, too. Perfect. : )

wendibird22
10-08-2014, 01:17 PM
I've had the curvy fit from Loft before. They always fit my skinny waist and big hips/butt really well. Then I landed on that "mom jeans" blog which caused me to look at my backside in jeans. OMG! While they fit really well the placement of the pockets and size did nothing for my backside. I was pretty horrified. I've since moved on to Lucky Brand sophia fit. I have them in boot cut and skinny ankle length.