PDA

View Full Version : Day 4: Organize your home in 40 days

KrisM
10-04-2014, 08:44 AM
Day 4! Not sure I'll get to anything at all today, but I might try to find something small to do and cross off. Or start on something.

I'm also looking ahead to next week and think I'll try to pick a multi-day project for a few of the days. Maybe the master bedroom closet.

If you want to join in, please do! There is a main post with all our lists here: http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?480890-Organize-your-home-in-40-days-join-in! You can start whenever, but post your first day under Day 1 and continue through. By the end things will be looking great!

hillview
10-04-2014, 09:26 AM
today is the day of finishing up the massive book project.

KrisM
10-04-2014, 10:54 AM
today is the day of finishing up the massive book project.

Great! I bet you'll be glad that one is done!

KrisM
10-04-2014, 11:10 AM
Realized I missed day 3, so am moving my post to there.

SnuggleBuggles
10-04-2014, 11:48 AM
Painted ds2's room. Done.

WatchingThemGrow
10-04-2014, 02:03 PM
Oh MAN! I thought (for some crazy reason) we were just doing M-F for the "days" so I've not done anything. sigh...

jgenie
10-04-2014, 02:27 PM
Oh MAN! I thought (for some crazy reason) we were just doing M-F for the "days" so I've not done anything. sigh...

I'm only doing M - F but may play catch up on the weekends if time allows.

hillview
10-04-2014, 04:47 PM
I did about 1/4 of what i need to to finish the books today. ARGH

KrisM
10-04-2014, 08:34 PM

I'm doing M-F, but I figure so many work or travel or whatever that they'll skip some weekdays and do weekends instead. I think you just need 40 days - they don't need to be consecutive. So, if you do nothing today or tomorrow, then on Monday you are on day 4 and can post here :). Theoretically you'll have posts in all 40 threads, just maybe over 50 days or something. Make sense?

twowhat?
10-04-2014, 10:08 PM
I only got half my desk cleaned off and I've missed a day too:/ Not making a whole lot of progress!!

mikeys_mom
10-05-2014, 06:58 AM
Today DH and I took an hour and organized our 2 storage areas. We have one indoor and one outdoor (well, really it's a 2nd floor balcony we re-purposed as storage). The indoor area is a crawl space under the stairs but is considered "big" here so it's got to be really well thought out as it's the only indoor storage space in the entire house. Pulled everything out of the indoor area because we initially just dumped stuff in there without much thought. We have now divided stuff between outdoor and indoor and configured the indoor area much better. No more random items floating around the main living space. Anything we don't use on a daily basis now has a home :) Just need to pick up a tarp to cover outdoor area to protect the plastic bins from the sun and rain.

KrisM
10-06-2014, 07:48 AM
Today is Day 4 for me. I'm going to organize the drawers in my dresser today. This means trying things on and purging clothes I'll never wear. I hope to clear some space!

KrisM
10-06-2014, 07:48 AM
Today DH and I took an hour and organized our 2 storage areas. We have one indoor and one outdoor (well, really it's a 2nd floor balcony we re-purposed as storage). The indoor area is a crawl space under the stairs but is considered "big" here so it's got to be really well thought out as it's the only indoor storage space in the entire house. Pulled everything out of the indoor area because we initially just dumped stuff in there without much thought. We have now divided stuff between outdoor and indoor and configured the indoor area much better. No more random items floating around the main living space. Anything we don't use on a daily basis now has a home :) Just need to pick up a tarp to cover outdoor area to protect the plastic bins from the sun and rain.

That sounds great!

KrisM
10-06-2014, 04:56 PM
Today is Day 4 for me. I'm going to organize the drawers in my dresser today. This means trying things on and purging clothes I'll never wear. I hope to clear some space!

I did the dresser and my clothes in the closet. I have a garbage bag to donate! My closet needs so much work, but at least this was a start.

I also did the kid's bathroom vanity. Not much to do there, really. Got rid of some old toys that are way outgrown and did a little organization. But, there isn't much in there.

Mamabear4
10-06-2014, 05:47 PM
I bought my letter sorter to use as a charging station (similar to the one pictured). Now I just need to borrow my FIL's dremmel and drill holes into it so I can run the wires through.

gymnbomb
10-08-2014, 06:24 AM
I got the bottom half of the Expedit in our family room emptied of DVDs, dusted, and put some of DS's toys in it to reduce the number laying on the floor. As a bonus while I had the duster out (which happens approximately never in my house!) I dusted the baseboards and some corner areas that really needed it, and even picked up and washed all the toys and pacifiers that had fallen behind the couch. I had been wondering why his shape sorter only had 4 of its 10 shapes :)

jgenie
10-08-2014, 03:43 PM
I cleaned the mudroom and sorted stuff for donating!!

94bruin
10-21-2014, 10:49 AM
Organized swim stuff/swim suits.

jgenie
09-18-2015, 02:00 PM
Day 4 - mudroom closet - DONE - it looks so good!!!