PDA

View Full Version : Disney tour books or apps you recommend?

gatorsmom
10-06-2014, 04:56 PM
I did a search and there were some old threads but nothing in the last 3 years. Can anyone recommend guide books for Disney World, especially with the new construction completed on the park additions??

TIA!

SummerBaby
10-06-2014, 09:45 PM
I really liked the "Unofficial Guide." It's updated every year so it should have the info you are looking for. There is also an app called Touring Plans that compliments the book. I also highly recommend www.easywdw.com for current info and touring plans.

candaceb
10-06-2014, 09:46 PM
We followed the "Touring Plans" app plans and flew through the parks in the mornings. It was worth every penny. There is usually a code on mousesavers.

anonomom
10-07-2014, 07:55 AM
The Unofficial Guide is great. It has all of the information you could ever hope to need, plus a great website (touringplans.com) and app where you can create custom touring plans based on their recommendations.

123LuckyMom
10-07-2014, 08:40 AM
Yup, The Unofficial Guide and its app, Lines.

liz
10-07-2014, 08:51 AM
I really liked the "Unofficial Guide." It's updated every year so it should have the info you are looking for. There is also an app called Touring Plans that compliments the book. I also highly recommend www.easywdw.com for current info and touring plans.

:yeahthat:

klwa
10-07-2014, 01:09 PM
www.easywdw.com I didn't use any of the guide books this last trip just because it seems like the information changes too quickly for the books to keep up with. With that said, Josh at easywdw and the owner of myfirsttrip or something like that recently came out with their own book, which I believe, if you get the kindle version, you can upgrade when new info comes out.

gatorsmom
10-07-2014, 02:42 PM
Thanks ladies! We are leaving in a little more than a week and I have nothing prepared. But I'll be looking at your suggestions tonight. thx again!

liz
10-07-2014, 03:06 PM
Don't forget to check out the library for 2015 editions of books if you aren't sure about purchasing one. The 2015 are just coming out and should have up to date info.

cagey
10-07-2014, 04:03 PM
We followed the "Touring Plans" app plans and flew through the parks in the mornings. It was worth every penny. There is usually a code on mousesavers.

This absolutely! We did a quick one day trip in between family visits and work trips right when the whole FP+ stuff started and I didnt have enough time to research it. I plugged in our must-do's, and it spit out a custom plan that let us see everything we wanted with pretty much zero wait on a Crowd level 9 day!

SummerBaby
10-07-2014, 09:30 PM
Exciting! Since you are leaving so soon, I will condense the books and websites into one piece of advice that I found most valuable- GET TO THE PARK AT ROPE DROP! Yes, it stinks to get up early on vacation, but you will get to see so much more, without lines. We went at a crowd level 5-6 time (May) and found that until about 11:30am, we could walk on just about any ride. By the time you are having lunch, everything has a wait, and you really need fast passes.

Have a great trip!

acmom
10-19-2014, 02:03 PM
The Unofficial Guide is great. It has all of the information you could ever hope to need, plus a great website (touringplans.com) and app where you can create custom touring plans based on their recommendations.

If you buy the book, do you get access to the website or do you still need to pay the fee to access everything on the website?

liz
10-19-2014, 02:05 PM
If you buy the book, do you get access to the website or do you still need to pay the fee to access everything on the website?

yes, you need to pay. With the discount code I believe it's around $8 for a years membership.

acmom
10-19-2014, 02:59 PM
yes, you need to pay. With the discount code I believe it's around $8 for a years membership.

And do you need the book and the website? Or would just the subscription to the website or the book alone be enough?

liz
10-19-2014, 04:39 PM
And do you need the book and the website? Or would just the subscription to the website or the book alone be enough?

Well, it's been over 4 years since we last went so I find the book really helpful with all the detailed information. So much has changed since our last visit. I bought the app mainly to get crowd calendars etc and to use their app in the parks. If you don't mind your content online vs a book, then the online membership would be good. And sorry, I should have mentioned the $8 membership is after using a discount code found in the book. The full cost is around $13-14 if I remember correctly. I am pretty sure you can get a code after searching online without having to buy the book first.