PDA

View Full Version : Leaving for WDW in 6 days- what do I need to do before we leave?

gatorsmom
10-10-2014, 06:32 PM
I'm ashamed to admit I've left this trip to plan itself! We are flying to WDW in 6 days and all I have ready are the plane tickets and we are staying at a Marriott resort, so off property. That is booked. Got our rental car. We don't plan on getting a dining plan as we plan to make dinners in our condo. We'll pick up lunch when we get hungry wherever we are. We aren't huge fans of character dinners and sisi thinks the character meets are boring. So we will be riding the rides, seeing the sights. Some questions:

How do we order/pay for park admission tickets? Where do we pick them up?

We would like to go to Mickey's not so scary parade. Is it too late to buy tickets?

What else am I forgetting?

barkley1
10-10-2014, 08:43 PM
I'm a disney amateur, but I do know that it's not too late for the Halloween party tickets. People were buying them for same day admission when we were there last week. However, if you are dead set on going, you might want to go ahead and get online and buy them, bc they can technically sell out.

Do you need a stroller? We rented from Kingdom Strollers and they were great.

You can get your fast passes for rides and parades, etc if you want to do that.

I'm not sure other than that. Except....start packing now! It took me FOREVER to get our bags packed with the carry-on restrictions, trying to check as few bags as possible to save $$, and splitting up clothes, toiletries, etc in case a checked bag got lost UGH. Worst part of it all. Wdwprepschool.com has a great packing list.

WatchingThemGrow
10-10-2014, 08:55 PM
I'm wondering if you can get tickets through Undercover Tourist overnight? I think it says next day delivery available.... https://www.undercovertourist.com/

gatorsmom
10-11-2014, 06:50 PM
Thanks so much everyone for the help! I shouldn't have even bothered you guys with my silly questions. I just called the Disney travel number and they booked our park tickets as well as our Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets explained that I can just pick them all up at any willcall. They also set up our magic maker photo option and helped me set up an my Disney Experience account. And they explained how the fast pass system has changed. And I didn't even mind being on hold for a couple of minutes because I love Disney music. Love Disney Service!!! Can't wait to go! Thanks everyone! Now I am hoping that universal is as easy ( gotta see Harry potter!)

WatchingThemGrow
10-11-2014, 07:14 PM
LOL I totally forgot about your previous threads about $$ and family travel! Yes, just call and tell them to get everything ready for you! I bet you can do something similar about Universal. Enjoy your trip! (and please report back!)

gatorsmom
10-11-2014, 10:12 PM
LOL I totally forgot about your previous threads about $$ and family travel! Yes, just call and tell them to get everything ready for you! I bet you can do something similar about Universal. Enjoy your trip! (and please report back!)

You know, I did take your advice and check undercover tourist for the MNSSHP tickets and they were completely sold out! It kinda scared me for a moment thinking all the nights were sold out across the board. Once I calmed down and realized it was just the undercover tourist's discounted tickets that were sold out, I called disney travel. So I figured I'd just make everything easier and order those and the park tickets at the same time. It was more expensive but that's what I get for waiting til the last moment. I'll wise up for next time. :). But thank you for your help!