PDA

View Full Version : What's the best "dustbuster" type machine to clean my van carpet?

WatchingThemGrow
10-14-2014, 09:04 AM
We don't have a garage, and the crud that collects on the carpets within days makes me crazy! Just saw that dyson dc59, that my friend demonstrated the other day, but I don't have the budget to support that. We're a 2 miele family, but plugging and lugging one of those to my car is out of the question. I need a strong handheld vacuum!

Mikey0709
10-14-2014, 09:54 AM
Have you considered a MINI- shop vac? Not a cordless - but small enough to store, long cord and REALLY has great suction. ALso can be wet/dry suction.

I tried a ton of the cordless handhelds - and none have held up to MY car dirt. They all lose suction or die before i can get the whole carpet done.

Our mini shop-vac was well under 30 bucks - and going strong for years now.

WatchingThemGrow
10-14-2014, 10:29 AM
I haven't, but I will consider it... Our outdoor plug that is nearest the driveway requires an extension cord to get to the car, and you have to walk across the grass to get to the car from it. It just seems to messy (in the winter) to deal with a plug for our application. Show me which one you have. Is it this? http://www.walmart.com/ip/Shop-Vac-Micro-1-Peak-HP-Wet-Dry-Vacuum-1-Gallon/15406606?action=product_interest&action_type=title&placement_id=irs_middle&strategy=PWVUB&visitor_id=19135096382&category=0%3A4044%3A90548%3A4047%3A4900&client_guid=94041357-57cd-4a10-be45-5fd4dd652d00&config_id=0&parent_item_id=14179009&guid=38b18f5f-a37c-41ec-9ce3-cfaef73a8b14&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&findingMethod=p13n

In the vacuum category, we already have:
-regular shop vac
-Little green clean machine
-large Bissell carpet cleaner
-2 Mieles (one up, one down)

Mikey0709
10-14-2014, 10:53 AM
Well - - we have the older version of what you posted.... i think ours is actually a little bigger (doesn't say micro) - but still fits inside the car while vacuuming which is nice.

Just a suggestion - - maybe someone can recommend a cordless with great suction if a plug doesn't work for your location? My experience with cordless vac's hasn't been great at all - -but i'm SURE they have HAD to be improved!

WatchingThemGrow
10-14-2014, 08:21 PM
Well - - we have the older version of what you posted.... i think ours is actually a little bigger (doesn't say micro) - but still fits inside the car while vacuuming which is nice.

Just a suggestion - - maybe someone can recommend a cordless with great suction if a plug doesn't work for your location? My experience with cordless vac's hasn't been great at all - -but i'm SURE they have HAD to be improved!
OH OH OH!!!!! I just realized that there IS a way this would work!!!!!!!!!!

Our van has a plug in the 3rd row!!! I can totally plug it in INSIDE THE VAN and vacuum up all the crud without having to get an extension cord. It pays to read reviews!

Would yours be the HangOn model or the HangUp model? http://www.walmart.com/ip/Shop-Vac-1.5-Gallon-HangOn-Wet-Dry-Vac/14179009#Product+Reviews or http://www.walmart.com/ip/1-Gallon-Shop-Vac-Hang-Up-Mini-Vacuum/8477890