PDA

View Full Version : Days 15 and 16: Organize your house in 40 days!

KrisM
10-16-2014, 06:46 AM
When you get to 15 and 16 post here! I'm hoping it's still October when I get here :)

Mamabear4
10-16-2014, 07:18 AM
I've lost steam....I'm hoping it's still Oct for me too!

KrisM
10-16-2014, 07:25 AM
I've lost steam....I'm hoping it's still Oct for me too!

Slow is better than stopped! I picked an easy task yesterday and will do something a little bigger today to get myself going again.

WatchingThemGrow
10-16-2014, 07:47 AM
Have y'all posted your lists in your house or are you just working off memory/original thread? I kinda want to map mine out or at least post them so I can SEE where I'm headed. Still, this challenge has it at the forefront of my brain.

WatchingThemGrow
10-22-2014, 07:53 AM
Ok, so I've sorted here and there, have huge piles of stuff across 4 rooms downstairs. Living room has memorabilia for the adults and random boxes of decor type stuff. Dining room has gobs of outdoor toys that need a home and a system and some consignment stuff. Family room has kid artwork and school papers x3. Playroom has a closet filled up with boxes that are half empty or the empty boxes many of our toys came in. I'm not certain where to start today, but I'm filled with anxiety about junk being everywhere. It's really bothering me. May need to take the day to just move stuff around so the living room and dining room get back in a peaceful state. It feels pretty good upstairs since most everything is in order, except the pile in each bedroom that needs to go back onto their bookshelves once it is sorted and purged.

Still feeling pretty thankful for the challenge/encouragement!

KrisM
10-22-2014, 09:19 AM
Have y'all posted your lists in your house or are you just working off memory/original thread? I kinda want to map mine out or at least post them so I can SEE where I'm headed. Still, this challenge has it at the forefront of my brain.

I work off the original thread. I don't want the clutter of another list :)

Mamabear4
10-22-2014, 10:46 AM
days 15 & 16 done - finished putting baby items into nursery closet (and the necessary Target runs to finish this task) and then organized the shelves and floor of the closet (partial)

WatchingThemGrow
10-22-2014, 02:14 PM
I feel so random. Didn't even look at the list, just went to get something and was blown away by the disorganization.
Day 15 - Changed out DD's summer/winter clothes. Still need her to decide what is too small (better to do this now or in Jan. when the sale is coming up?) Need to remember to bring up an Elfa hook to hang another rod in her closet. Been waiting a YEAR to replace the bent rod holder. lame.
Day 16. Large linen closet/with medicines and toiletries. Still need to label a few boxes, but WOW! It feels so good.

Doggone it, I've been so busy with this stuff I never ate breakfast or lunch, and now it's time to go pick the kids up from school!

KrisM
11-13-2014, 12:11 PM
Day 15 - I did the shelves in the basement. Truthfully, they likely need to be purged again, but it was a really good start. I have 4 large boxes to donate and 2 trash bags of stuff. And, I listed a bunch on our local BST FB group. I'm hoping to continue in the basement more today and the rest of the week/month!

KrisM
11-14-2014, 06:03 PM
Day 16 for me today. I got one part of the basement done. I'm so happy. I made some progress on a corner of stuff, too, but need to go through it more. Then one area will have to wait until after the school's holiday shop because there are too many of those boxes to shift around and it's in a month, so no problem.

Having the basement in good shape is huge. Kids can get down there. We can set up the air hockey table again. It'll be great! I'm hoping to move the drum set to another spot and have a sitting area down there as well.

mikeys_mom
11-17-2014, 06:45 AM
Day 15 - Deal with shredding - DONE
Day 16 - Store chanukkah decorations - DONE

jgenie
11-21-2014, 03:59 AM
Day 15 - I finally tackled the play room closet. It took me 3 hours but I ended up with 2 garbage bags of toys / games to donate!!
Day 16 - dining room DONE

WatchingThemGrow
11-21-2014, 07:03 AM
Way to go, girls! I need to get on it!

94bruin
04-10-2015, 06:39 PM
It's only taken me 6 months to get here, lol! I'm making real progress in organizing my home. The Container Store has been my 2nd home lately.

Day 15 - shoe cabinet - now we are able to put our daily shoes away rather than leaving piles of shoe by the door. SO much better!

rlu
07-02-2015, 11:25 PM
Took forever to get to number 15.

6. Try to figure out if DS nook is truly dead or can be resurrected and used to read e-books. – DONE 7/2, it’s back up and running and now I have the instructions how to reset myself.

Number 16!

12. Go through clothes in garage – dispose of those that don’t “spark joy”, then dispose of rest as they DON’T fit! 6/5 Can’t get to them, need DH to move items. 6/17 DH making great progress in garage, I may get to these soon. Soon being relative, aiming to get to week of 7/12. 7/13 Went through, keeping only 5, the rest goes!