PDA

View Full Version : how to clean light up sneakers??

Giantbear
10-21-2014, 08:29 PM
My dd has a pair of Disney light up sneakersw and today she had a pee accident that pooled in the sneaker, I figured this out when I took her sneaker off and the pee spilled out all over me, but that is a different story. How do I clean the inside of the sneakers? I don't want to put them in the wash, don't want to short them out, but they will stink soon.

Help

Melaine
10-21-2014, 08:46 PM
Well, I have run twinkle toes through the wash with good results. Probably four or five pairs and no loss of lights. I just put them in with a couple towels to keep them from beating around too much. But if you are worried about trying that, I would probably pour vinegar straight into the shoe and let it set that way for awhile. I can't imagine that not working.

ArizonaGirl
10-21-2014, 09:05 PM
I have far too much experience with pee on shoes both light up and regular.

I rinse them off in the tub with lots of water and a little dawn dish soap.

Then leave them out in the garage for a couple of hours to partially dry, then cover both inside and out with baking soda, lots of baking soda.

When they are completely dry whack them together a couple of times and voila, good as new, with no accompanying pee smell.

Giantbear
10-21-2014, 09:07 PM
I will give it a shot. Thanks

amandabea
10-21-2014, 10:24 PM
Nature's Miracle also works.

Giantbear
10-21-2014, 10:55 PM
well, i soaped them real good, tomorrow i will hit them with baking powder and see how they smell

ArizonaGirl
10-21-2014, 11:40 PM
Haven't lost a pair yet :wink2:

Giantbear
10-24-2014, 12:11 PM
sigh .... they sparkle, but stink. I may have left them too long initially. I washed them with dawn, dried them a bit and used the baking soda. didn't work. Then i threw them in the wash, they still light up, but they still stink.

Off to buy replacements :(

TwoBees
10-24-2014, 01:43 PM
sigh .... they sparkle, but stink. I may have left them too long initially. I washed them with dawn, dried them a bit and used the baking soda. didn't work. Then i threw them in the wash, they still light up, but they still stink.

Off to buy replacements :(

Well, you could always throw them in the washing machine and see what happens. I mean, I'd be super disappointed if DD's shoes stopped lighting up. ;)

Giantbear
10-24-2014, 02:13 PM
Well, you could always throw them in the washing machine and see what happens. I mean, I'd be super disappointed if DD's shoes stopped lighting up. ;)

did last night. smell horrible, but look nice

TwoBees
10-24-2014, 02:14 PM
did last night. smell horrible, but look nice

Oy, I quoted you and STILL didn't see that you said you put them in the wash. Off to get more coffee. :6: