PDA

View Full Version : ISO a non crinkly down/goose comforter

hovbaby
10-23-2014, 09:02 PM
Can anybody recommend a non crinkly down/goose comforter? I'm looking for a twin size comfrter for my DS. He is a very light sleeper, so I would like to avoid ones that makes noises.
I've browsed llbean, company store, lands end, garnet hill, etc, but could not choose one based on their descriptions.
Can anyone share your experience? TIA.

Momit
10-23-2014, 09:31 PM
We have a few inexpensive ones from IKEA. They are much less crinkly with a duvet cover on them, and after they've been used a little.

Mikey0709
10-24-2014, 09:52 AM
YES - - - GARNET HILL!!! I was specifically looking for a "colored" down comforter when i started my search. I didn't want to need a duvet cover. Almost ordered from LL Bean - but for the price theirs seemed a little lightweight and they only had pastel colors at the time. So I ordered a navy blue one from Company store, and the medium blue from Garnet Hill. The Company store one is HORRIBLE - - VERY crinkly and loud.

The Garnet Hill one is a dream! Actually ordered a 2nd. VERY soft and quiet cover. Very warm and great weight. I would certainly buy again -- i waited for the 20% off sale - ordered about a year and 1/2 ago so i hope they haven't changed it. It also was washable - - another plus.

I think you'll be happy with the Garnet Hill one.

SnuggleBuggles
10-24-2014, 09:54 AM
We have the Garnett Hill down alternative one and it's great!

cagey
10-24-2014, 10:12 AM
its not down, but the Garnet Hill silk one is warm and silent. I had the down alternative one and returned it as it was TOO hot for me, but liked the quality of it.

kboyle
10-24-2014, 10:25 AM
Lol, so are we saying the Company store ones are crinkly and loud? That's my favorite thing about down comforters lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lil_acorn
10-24-2014, 10:35 AM
YES - - - GARNET HILL!!! I was specifically looking for a "colored" down comforter when i started my search. I didn't want to need a duvet cover. Almost ordered from LL Bean - but for the price theirs seemed a little lightweight and they only had pastel colors at the time. So I ordered a navy blue one from Company store, and the medium blue from Garnet Hill. The Company store one is HORRIBLE - - VERY crinkly and loud.

The Garnet Hill one is a dream! Actually ordered a 2nd. VERY soft and quiet cover. Very warm and great weight. I would certainly buy again -- i waited for the 20% off sale - ordered about a year and 1/2 ago so i hope they haven't changed it. It also was washable - - another plus.

I think you'll be happy with the Garnet Hill one.

Link please? I am looking for a year round one so is there a lighter weight version since you said yours is very warm.

Mikey0709
10-24-2014, 11:56 AM
This is the one. (link below) I prob shouldn't have said VERY warm - - we use it year round and it's very comfortable! We have the Lapis blue and it's a VERY nice color for boys. We have the real down - it comes in an alternative allergy free fill too. I prefer the real down.

http://www.garnethill.com/garnet-hill-essential-down-or-core-loft-e284a2-comforters/bedding-bath/bedding-basics/117852?&defattribvalue=main

and YES - if you like LOUD AND CRINKLY - - go with Company Store. And if your looking for a deal - - company store used to sell their irregulars and returns on ebay. Not sure if they still do - but the reseller was based out of New York. We got a great deal on one that way and didn't even notice the flaw....and have kept it even though it's loud and crinkly...

rin
10-24-2014, 12:08 PM
Both our girls have IKEA washable down comforters, which we use with a duvet cover. They are somewhat crinkly before they've been washed, but after washing both the comforter and the cover I don't find them to be crinkly at all. They're pretty cozy and warm, and they come in different warmth ratings.

sanja973
10-24-2014, 02:32 PM
We use Garnet Hill dawn blankets, mild winter over here. I got trow size(52x80) and it is perfect for my kids.
We have had them few years and it is great quality. I wash it often since we dont use cover just sheet.

Avispa
10-24-2014, 04:07 PM
Both our girls have IKEA washable down comforters, which we use with a duvet cover. They are somewhat crinkly before they've been washed, but after washing both the comforter and the cover I don't find them to be crinkly at all. They're pretty cozy and warm, and they come in different warmth ratings.

:yeahthat: we're happy with our ikea comforters for DDs