PDA

View Full Version : How to get early access for WDW AND Universal/IOA?

Globetrotter
10-25-2014, 02:14 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to get early access for WDW and Universal? I know you get it by staying on either property, but that would only cover one of the parks. I've tried googling this without success but perhaps I didn't look carefully enough?

lalasmama
10-25-2014, 08:01 PM
Are you trying to get early entrance for both places with only, say, one fee? I know very little about WDW and Universal, but since they aren't owned by the same people (at least that I'm aware of), I'm not sure there's a way to pay one fee to get early admission into both parks.

Globetrotter
10-25-2014, 08:49 PM
I was wondering if there is some hotel or ticket vendor that would have this benefit. The only option I am aware of is to stay in two different resorts and just move in the middle of our stay.

KrisM
10-25-2014, 08:57 PM
I haven't come across anything like that. But, I know for Universal (not sure about Disney), you get early entry on both the day you check in and the day you check out. You could probably just book a throwaway room there and check in, but not actually stay there. It would cost a night, but save you packing and moving. Get there super early to check in before the early entry for the first day.

Cam&Clay
10-25-2014, 11:38 PM
To get early entry on certain days at Disney, you have to stay on Disney property. Each day different parks have early access and/or extended evening hours.

For Universal, you can stay on their property and get early admission or pay extra to get in early.

The last time we did a big trip, we switched hotels but the next time we'll probably just pay the extra to get in early at Universal rather than switch.

Hemlock
10-27-2014, 08:26 PM
I've stayed at both WDW and Universal many times. The only way to get early access at WDW or at Universal is to book an on site hotel at each resort. Universal does sell "front of the line access" (or you get it free with an on site stay)(except for Cabana Bay), but you cannot purchase early entry access. Fastpasses are free for anyone at WDW.

Globetrotter
10-29-2014, 12:45 AM
Thanks. We decided not to stress over early entry and just stay near Downtown disney the whole time! I am familiar with fast passes, but I saw this thing called fast pass plus, which my undercover tourist tix have, that allows us to book a few rides two months in advance. I'll have to look into that, but I am intrigued. That is really planning ahead lol

egoldber
10-29-2014, 06:19 AM
You need to read about FP+. As of now, it has completely replaced the old FastPass system.

KrisM
10-29-2014, 06:54 AM
Yes, the fastpass is only fp+. If you're onsite, you get to make them 60 days out and if you're offsite, only 30 days out. I've read some rides fill up very quickly and are very difficult to get, depending on the time you are there.

egoldber
10-29-2014, 07:55 AM
Yes, the new 7 Dwarves Mine Train Ride is very hard to get, even 60 days out!

Most other rides are doable though, just not always at preferred times. They also hold back some times for same day FastPasses. You should keep checking, even during the day you are there.

Also, if you haven't set up an account at mydisneyexperience.com, you need to do that and associate it with your ticket numbers before you can create FP+ events.

Globetrotter
10-29-2014, 12:02 PM
Thanks!! I just read about it. This is complicated!! I think I will have to put my kids to work planning our itinerary (they are old enough and fortunately both good at logic puzzles and math minded!). Since we are staying offsite, i think we can choose 30 days in advance, but I still don't think it was worth it to stay onsite at peak season. I added an extra day padding so we aren't cramming it in. Also, we have Disneyland not too far from
us, so I'll ask them to focus on things we don't have here.