PDA

View Full Version : These cognac boots...yea or nay?

wendibird22
10-26-2014, 11:01 AM
I've coveted these boots for gosh like 3 yr now and finally bit the bullet and bought them recently on sale. Trying to decide if I should keep them since they are $$ even on sale. I have to be able to pair them with dresses and skirts because I can't wear jeans to work and when I wear jeans on the weekend we aren't out and about enough to justify them for weekend only wear.

Here's a few pics of them with a typical dress, skinny jeans, and my dress with knee high boots for comparison. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/26/5fd36e8dd4d8b6a6216caaf6f10609ad.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/26/0803b9019ed4f780ec8b134f6bf06435.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/26/d9e0d464d4cc9a36d5d426ed9e27f7c4.jpg

Keep or return?

SnuggleBuggles
10-26-2014, 11:05 AM
The problem is their height. They come off as more casual to me bc they are mid calf.

ourbabygirl
10-26-2014, 11:08 AM
Yeah, I'm sorry, but I also think they're too short. They just cut your legs in half, esp. when you wear dark pants or tights/ nylons. Can you find a pair that hits right below the knee?

wendibird22
10-26-2014, 11:14 AM
Ok that was what I felt too. The dark brown ones in the second pic and I have black riding boots both hit just below my knee cap.

hellokitty
10-26-2014, 12:56 PM
I would return them. I have one pr of mid calf boots and I never wear them, they make my calves look even bigger than they are. I have to wear taller boots that are under the knee for them to look more flattering.

zukeypur
10-26-2014, 02:54 PM
I agree. They need to either be taller or shorter. I bet that stinks to be wanting them for 3 years and then be disappointed. :(

Kindra178
10-26-2014, 05:13 PM
The black boots look great with that dress. Not a huge fan of the cognac boots with anything.

hillview
10-26-2014, 05:19 PM
The black boots look great with that dress. Not a huge fan of the cognac boots with anything.
:yeahthat: they are too short

wendibird22
10-26-2014, 07:48 PM
Boxed up for return shipping. I'm disappointed but my wallet isn't! Too bad because they are such supple leather and so so comfortable. I see why they have perfect feedback on GH.

hellokitty
10-26-2014, 09:49 PM
Boxed up for return shipping. I'm disappointed but my wallet isn't! Too bad because they are such supple leather and so so comfortable. I see why they have perfect feedback on GH.

Get a pr of knee length cognac ones, so onto another search. I have a pr of cognac knee high boots that I've worn many times already in the past month. So, if you like the color, don't despair, I think it is the ht of the boot that is problematic.

okinawama
10-27-2014, 01:44 AM
What a bummer that none of the reviews mentioned the height of the boot. Like everyone else said, on me, when it stops at the largest part of my leg, it is unflattering and accentuates the largest part of the calf. A few inches lower or higher and it would have landed in a more flattering spot. What a bummer! I hope you find another pair! The color is amazing!

wendibird22
10-27-2014, 09:13 AM
Get a pr of knee length cognac ones, so onto another search. I have a pr of cognac knee high boots that I've worn many times already in the past month. So, if you like the color, don't despair, I think it is the ht of the boot that is problematic.

Yup the search for cognac will begin again. I'm only 5'1" so I have a really hard time with taller boots too. Oh and thicker calves...which really aren't THAT wide but coupled with short legs, the widest part hits lower than the widest contour of most taller boots. Wide calf boots are HUGE because again, the widest contour hits well above where I need them to be wide. And I have normal ankles so I only need them wide at my calf not all the way down. I tried the Bern Baby in cognac (also a boot I had coveted for a while) and they were too tight (despite lots of reviews saying they fit thicker calves). I went to DSW a few weeks back and they didn't have any boots in cognac. Everything was brown or black and I already own those.

ourbabygirl
10-27-2014, 02:21 PM
Have you tried Clarks? I got a pair of knee-high cognac boots from there (actually Amazon, but they had them at the Clarks store) last fall, I believe. They're nice, comfortable, and have buckles at the top so you can adjust them to make them looser. I'm about 5'2.5" :), and they fit well (aren't way too tall or anything). I'll see if I can find a link.
I can't seem to find the pair I have online, but they're called

Clarks Women's Mullen Spice Knee-High Boot,Tan

They might be a bit too dark brown for what you want, and the new version is more expensive and with a big zipper up the one side, but maybe you can find the version from last year.

SnuggleBuggles
10-27-2014, 03:34 PM
Would these Steve Madden slouch boots work? The slouch allows for more customization with fit. http://www.zappos.com/steve-madden-casstro-cognac