PDA

View Full Version : Favorite store to shop?

nomnom
10-29-2014, 11:37 PM
I'm just wondering... What online or brick & mortar store is your favorite to shop at?

Mikey0709
10-30-2014, 09:11 AM
I'm going to sound like a broken record.... but lately ALL my purchases have been coming from Amazon. Even when i go to a B&M store, i end up checking the price at amazon before making a purchase - and i usually leave empty handed because Amazon can't be beat. I even did it this weekend with a DRINK mix purchase at the grocery store - amazon was over 30% less cost. Last week at Toys r Us (with coupon)... and amazon price was still better. Our Olly was going out of business - and Amazon STILL beat their prices on kids sneakers. I love PRIME!

Now if i just wanted to wander around a store and buy frivolous stuff for myself - - i would probably head into a TJ Maxx where i can always find something exciting.

cuca_
10-30-2014, 09:32 AM
Nordstrom by far. I shop from Amazon and zAppos/6pm a lot, but i love Nordstrom, both online and B & M.

minnie-zb
10-30-2014, 10:09 AM
Nordstrom (online and in store) and I find myself shopping at Loft too. I've been having great success with Loft and jeans this year so for me that is a win.

Globetrotter
10-30-2014, 11:14 AM
Nordstrom rack and Anthropologie sales!

pastrygirl
10-30-2014, 11:20 AM
Nordstrom, because of their amazing return policy! Amazon for non-clothing/shoes.

hillview
10-30-2014, 11:41 AM
totally nordies

pastrygirl
10-30-2014, 07:36 PM
Just want to illustrate why I love Nordstrom. Today, I had a very large budget (gift) and decided to try a pair of designer shoes. I loved them so much in the store that I wore them for the rest of my shopping. By the time I got home, my pinky toes were red and blistered. I might give them another couple of days, but I'm leaning toward returning them.

Can you do that anywhere else? I know you can with Lands End stuff, but their shoes don't work for me at all.

Tenasparkl
10-30-2014, 07:54 PM
Nordstrom rack and Anthropologie sales!

Same. I used to go to a wider variety of stores when I worked within walking distance of a mall, but these are still favorites. I also like the Gap, Nordstrom, J. Crew etc.

nomnom
10-30-2014, 09:26 PM
I find myself shopping online a lot, but mainly because there aren't that many physical clothing stores near me. Love hearing where everyone shops these days! :)

pinkmomagain
10-30-2014, 09:48 PM
Nordstrom is #1. And I love Zappos too. But it's not like I feel like I'm getting a steal in either place.
I have a Lord & Taylor very close by and they are constantly running sales that are very good so I find myself there when I want something for a deal.

abh5e8
10-30-2014, 09:52 PM
I do the majority of my shopping at nordstrom (online), amazon, jcrew, banana republic. i rarely buy clothes at a B&M (we live in a very small town), and when I do its usually at goodwill.

Green_Tea
10-30-2014, 10:11 PM
Totally Nordstrom.

almostmom
10-31-2014, 10:04 AM
TJ Maxx, Target, Loft, J.Jill

echoesofspring
10-31-2014, 11:04 AM
We don't have a mall nearby so I'm a difficult size so I'm all about the free shipping/returns. Nordstrom and yeah, not really for the bargains, although I have felt like I've gotten my money's worth out of what I've bought there recently, especially with stuff that was on sale. I wish I had a less expensive option, but I typically strike out at places like Kohls and target so I've stopped even trying. I keep trying Land's end and usually return more than I keep. I love the Boden catalog, and did well there last year with some jeans but I haven't had an excuse to buy anything there this year and I can't figure out what size I am. I have been trying to buy my shoes locally as we have a couple nice shoe stores and I want to see them around and I usually have to try on a several pairs to find what I need.

I did place an order at Macy's for wedding outfit for DS recently and I saw on the packing slip they were offering free returns so I may start keeping an eye on them.

echoesofspring
10-31-2014, 11:06 AM
Oh and I'm bummed Nordstrom Rack has changed their shipping/return policy but I guess it was probably overdue...

mjs64
10-31-2014, 01:59 PM
Nordstrom here too

NJ_Mom2011
10-31-2014, 08:10 PM
I have had to buy lots of conservative work clothes recently, and I have been liking the Limited; Talbots (online and not the store); and Macys, particularly its Charter Club brand. I would agree with everyone else that shopping online is easier, as the selection is more expansive and more likely to have specialty sizes (which in my case is petite).