PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Deal of the Day Plasma Cars $34.99

Mommy_Mea
11-03-2014, 07:12 AM
Get you Christmas shopping done!

http://www.amazon.com/b?rh=i%3Atoys-and-games%2Cn%3A10238314011&ie=UTF8&node=10238314011&dealid=adaaed36

MSWR0319
11-03-2014, 08:10 AM
I have a 6 year old and an almost 3 year old. Do I need 2 of these or would one suffice??

Staraglimmer
11-03-2014, 08:14 AM
I have 6 and 2 year old daughters. I am buying a 2nd because they fight so it depends in how well yours share. Both if mine climb on to "share" and end up falling off.

MSWR0319
11-03-2014, 08:22 AM
I have 6 and 2 year old daughters. I am buying a 2nd because they fight so it depends in how well yours share. Both if mine climb on to "share" and end up falling off.

I can see this happening in my house too! Do you use them in the house or only outside?

anonomom
11-03-2014, 08:43 AM
We have two Plasmacars (and three kids, 8,5, and 3). The plasma cars are an inside toy, they get used constantly and have since we bought them 2.5 years ago. They can be used outside and I always thought we'd move them out once the kids got tired of them inside, but that hasn't happened yet.

georgiegirl
11-03-2014, 08:56 AM
We have two plasma cars. My kids are 8 and 5 (and 1). We got the first maybe 5 years ago, and then we bought a second when DS was 2 because they were fighting over it. Ours our outdoor toys (we have a large flat driveway). My kids like to play "bumper cars." Even the 1 year old likes to get on it.

gymnbomb
11-03-2014, 09:28 AM
For those who have these and use them inside -- the description said they do not work on carpet -- does that mean they are a no go on any carpet, or would they work on the low pile carpet like you would find in office buildings? How much space do you need for them to be fun to use? DS is too young for them now of course, but I am curious for future use.

amm40
11-03-2014, 10:22 AM
Thank you for posting! Santa gifts are out of the way for my two boys now :)

diamond
11-03-2014, 10:31 AM
Same question can they ride on carpet? Ty

PghMama
11-03-2014, 10:36 AM
Thank you! They look really fun :)

AngB
11-03-2014, 11:31 AM
I have a 6 year old and an almost 3 year old. Do I need 2 of these or would one suffice??

Two for sure. My 3.5 yo and 2 yo fight over the 3.5 yo's so we are getting a second one although I will probably hold it back until Easter.

Per Camelcamelcamel, this is the lowest price at least for the red.

Momof3Labs
11-03-2014, 11:39 AM
I would say no on carpets of any kind. I keep ours outside because it can scratch up hardwood floors pretty easily, and all of my floors are hardwood.

belovedgandp
11-03-2014, 02:10 PM
I have 3 kids and 5 plasma cars. DC3 is 4 1/2 now. Poor thing got one for 2nd and 3rd bday because siblings took them over. Then I got a good deal and ended up with 3. Bought two more to have a back up and give one to neighbor girl for birthday gift since she was always playing on ours, but her mom beat me to it and bought it for her.

They have always been outside. We live on a cul-de-sac and they race around in the street and down the sidewalk. When all six of them (my three kids and neighbors) start chasing each other it looks like a parade.

Had an end of season party for 5th grade soccer team at the house and all those 10 and 11 YO boys still hopped on them. They've gotten the most use from the 3-7 YO set.

JanBaby
11-03-2014, 02:32 PM
Only left in red! I picked up two - I hope they are fun. We have hardwood floors and the top of our driveway is fairly flat and concrete (plus we are at the end of a cul-de-sac) so hopefully they'll get lots of use.

Sweetsunshine
11-03-2014, 03:36 PM
My kids love this thing! That's a good deal I highly recommend two.

anonomom
11-03-2014, 04:08 PM
They don't work on carpet if the kids are trying to ride them as intended -- with their feet up and steering to move. But my kids tend to push themselves along with their feet and they go fine that way.

We do have tracks on the portions of our floor that are hardwood, but they're not quite scratches. They fade rapidly when the cars go away for a while. But ours have only been used inside so the wheels are still smooth. I'd think if you tried to switch between outside and inside, there would be problems.

As far as space requirements go, my two youngest have spent the last 20 minutes just circling my kitchen island. If the radius of their circle is more than 10 feet, I'd be surprised. But they're happy as clams.

SoloMelody
11-03-2014, 06:38 PM
We have 1 between 2 kids. It got a lot of play when we got it in April. Moved it to the basement and now it gets less play. No fighting over it here..but my children are 2 and 6 - 4 years apart, they dont have trouble sharing as they have different interests.

At this price I am tempted to get 1 more...

acmom
11-09-2014, 10:14 PM
FYI- I have gotten 2 defective plasma cars in a row from Amazon (ordered the first, returned it when it was defective and reordered, then got a 2nd defective one - one had a stained, scratched seat and one had problems with the hardware needed to assemble). I may have just had bad luck, but thought I would mention it bc it might be worth assembling when you get them to check!

AngB
11-10-2014, 12:51 AM
FYI- I have gotten 2 defective plasma cars in a row from Amazon (ordered the first, returned it when it was defective and reordered, then got a 2nd defective one - one had a stained, scratched seat and one had problems with the hardware needed to assemble). I may have just had bad luck, but thought I would mention it bc it might be worth assembling when you get them to check!

Yikes! Thank you for mentioning this!