PDA

View Full Version : Nordstrom's popular one button asymetric wrap on sale (1 color only?) $19.90

joules
11-03-2014, 09:11 PM
This one gets mentioned a lot here.

The navy heather + off white stripe one is 65% off = $19.90.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/bobeau-asymmetrical-fleece-wrap-cardigan-regular-petite/3113609?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=MOD+TURQUOISE&resultback=0&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_2_A

zukeypur
11-03-2014, 11:33 PM
How is the fit? I'm 5'3", 125. I have a small in my cart.

joules
11-03-2014, 11:49 PM
I don't have one myself. But my I got my mom one last year. I think you can buy your regular size. Definitely don't size down. The arms are quite fitted. Or you can always buy 2 sizes and send one back since it's free shipping.

tarnator
11-04-2014, 12:52 AM
I tried one of these after some of the rave posts. Didn't like it on me, but really wanted to - it went back.

mom2binsd
11-04-2014, 02:16 AM
How is the fit? I'm 5'3", 125. I have a small in my cart.

You might want to try the petite as the regular might overwhelm you. I'm 4'11'',110, I have the petite small and xsmall, you could do the petite small or medium. I love love mine, I have Heather gray and deep Purple.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Melaine
11-04-2014, 07:40 AM
Thanks! I'm a bit torn if I should get small or Medium. I also noticed a couple others on sale: the purple here http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/bobeau-one-button-fleece-cardigan/3827040And the lighter weight version (anyone have it?) http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/bobeau-one-button-asymmetrical-cardigan/3876788

basil
11-04-2014, 09:34 AM
I got a heather grey for $19.90! I have a purple one already, but I'm kind of a neutral girl.

ourbabygirl
11-04-2014, 10:43 AM
For those who have one (or more), can you comment on how easy they are to care for? Looks like they need to be hand-washed; wondering if they come out all wrinkly if you need to air dry, as well? Or can you put in the dryer?
And what colors you have and/or like the best? I'm wondering how the stripes look on IRL- I'm not usually a pattern girl. :)
TIA! :)

wendibird22
11-04-2014, 11:46 AM
I have one. Machine wash and line dry. I'm 5'1" and 130lb. I usually wear a petite small top but I have a PM in this and find it fits perfect. As PP said, the arms are narrow.

I'm tempted to get another one...

ETA: read the descriptions carefully. Some styles are fleece and others aren't.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/bobeau-one-button-asymmetrical-cardigan/3876788?recs_type=related&recs_productId=&recs_categoryId=0&recs_productOrder=2&recs_placementId=PP_4&recs_source=Rich_Relevance_Recs_API&recs_strategy=: this does not appear to be fleece. If you mouse over the image it looks like a more gauzy material.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/bobeau-asymmetrical-fleece-wrap-cardigan-regular-petite/3113609?recs_type=related&recs_productId=&recs_categoryId=0&recs_productOrder=1&recs_placementId=PP_4&recs_source=Rich_Relevance_Recs_API&recs_strategy=: these are fleece.

wendibird22
11-04-2014, 12:01 PM
For those who have one (or more), can you comment on how easy they are to care for? Looks like they need to be hand-washed; wondering if they come out all wrinkly if you need to air dry, as well? Or can you put in the dryer?
And what colors you have and/or like the best? I'm wondering how the stripes look on IRL- I'm not usually a pattern girl. :)
TIA! :)

I have one of the teal colors (can't remember which and they all look similar online) because I was trying to bust out of my white/black/grey mode. I do like it a lot.

As for washing, I line dry on a drying rack and it really dries wrinkle free.

zukeypur
11-04-2014, 12:37 PM
I got a heather grey for $19.90! I have a purple one already, but I'm kind of a neutral girl.

Which Heather gray for $19? I would prefer grey over navy stripe.

ett
11-04-2014, 12:53 PM
I tried one on in the store back when they were posted on the boards here but didn't buy it. I just decided to order it last week and when it arrived yesterday, the sleeves were a bit tight and short; not at all like what I tried on in store. I don't know if I got a defective one but I just ordered 2 of the $19.xx to see if the fit is the same.

Minnifer
11-04-2014, 01:03 PM
I have one of the teal colors (can't remember which and they all look similar online) because I was trying to bust out of my white/black/grey mode. I do like it a lot.

As for washing, I line dry on a drying rack and it really dries wrinkle free.

Wendibird is yours one of the fleece ones, or one of the other materials?

Also, to anyone w/fleece, I am having trouble imaging something fleece (even lightweight fleece) being all nice and and flowy like in the pictures, is it really?

ett
11-04-2014, 01:23 PM

Also, to anyone w/fleece, I am having trouble imaging something fleece (even lightweight fleece) being all nice and and flowy like in the pictures, is it really?

It's a sweatshirt/knit material on the outside with a fleece lining, and it is pretty flowy.

94bruin
11-04-2014, 02:09 PM
I have both types and they are both flowy. The arms are fitted, but I'm still able to wear mine despite my arms. I will only wear mine over t-shirts or thin long sleeves. In fact, i wore my fleece one yesterday.

citymama
11-04-2014, 04:36 PM
I love the fleece ones. I wear an XS. I don't think the gauzy ones look as great. I wash mine in the washing machine on cold and line dry. I have slim arms, 120 lbs., 5 ft 5 and change.

mom2binsd
11-04-2014, 05:15 PM
The gray animal print is not fleece....

wendibird22
11-04-2014, 09:09 PM

It's kind of a deconstructed sweatshirt. IMO it's not super flows but it does drape nice.

elizamom
11-04-2014, 09:58 PM
So none of the fleece versions are $19.99, correct?

zukeypur
11-04-2014, 09:59 PM
I think the navy Heather and off-white stripe in the first post is fleece, but not the Heather gray that basil got.

I'm trying to decide how much I would wear the navy/off-white. What would you wear under it? I can't think of anything that I have that would look right with it. I'm thinking of waiting and hoping a solid color goes on sale soon.

joules
11-04-2014, 10:53 PM
The navy striped one wasn't my first choice either. But I need something cheap and decent looking to keep at work. I sit next to the window and it's SO hot in the winter with the sun streaming in...but in the summer it's freezing because of the ac. I can wear this to keep my arms warm or throw it over my legs like a blanket. I'm also thinking about wearing it on weekends with a tshirt/tank, leggings/skinny jeans...and maybe brown/cognac boots?

I am hoping the mink color goes on sale.

joules
11-04-2014, 10:54 PM
So none of the fleece versions are $19.99, correct?

the navy heather and off white stripe was on sale for $19.90 yesterday. But i don't see it there anymore today.

ETA: It's weird. I have a navy/white stripe one in my basket (size L) and it shows up as in stock and $19.90. But when I click on it, I can't find it anywhere.

ETA2: I found it: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/bobeau-asymmetrical-fleece-wrap-cardigan-regular-petite/3927909?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=399&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_2_B

ourbabygirl
11-04-2014, 11:03 PM
I wanted to try one but didn't want to spend $40 even if I liked the color options a bit better (there were actually too many colors for me to choose from, so I would've been tempted to keep 2 or 3 :loveeyes:). So I ordered that dark purple patterny-one (there's also the black version for $39) and a lighter weight pink one at the sale price (the light, light grey would look bad on me, and I didn't think I'd wear the blue striped one enough). I really wanted the coral, which was on sale earlier, but by the time I went back to my cart it was gone and most of the colors were back up to $39. Made it easy to narrow down what I would buy, I guess! :) I'm about 5'3" and 110-115 when I'm not pregnant, so I ordered a petite small and medium and reg. small in the purple, and reg. small in the pink. I'm pregnant, so hoping I can wear this both now and after baby. If I get them and they all look weird/ fit strange, no biggie, but I'm happy to take a chance and see how they work.
Thanks, OP, for sharing, and PP for comments/ helpful advice!
One other quick question: does anyone who bought one have a smaller chest? I do, and I'm wondering if it totally minimizes your chest even more, the way it drapes straight across? If so, I may want to send back.

mom2binsd
11-04-2014, 11:32 PM
I agree that the stripe might not get a lot of wear. I'm very cheap when it comes to buying clothes, but I think the 39.99 price is worth it for this piece. I wear my gray one all the time... And my new purple is becoming a fav too!!!

Vintagegirl
11-04-2014, 11:34 PM
I really wanted the coral, which was on sale earlier, but by the time I went back to my cart it was gone and most of the colors were back up to $39. Made it easy to narrow down what I would buy, I guess! :) I'm about 5'3" and 110-115 when I'm not pregnant, so I ordered a petite small and medium and reg. small in the purple, and reg. small in the pink.

I saw the coral one on last week at TJMaxx and it was the same price. I am about your same height and weight. I ordered a few months ago and the arms were too short on the XS and the small is a little big. For the price, I still ordered a couple of sizes to see if they will work. These might work as a good nursing top too.

citymama
11-05-2014, 02:10 AM
I wanted to try one but didn't want to spend $40 even if I liked the color options a bit better (there were actually too many colors for me to choose from, so I would've been tempted to keep 2 or 3 :loveeyes:). So I ordered that dark purple patterny-one (there's also the black version for $39) and a lighter weight pink one at the sale price (the light, light grey would look bad on me, and I didn't think I'd wear the blue striped one enough). I really wanted the coral, which was on sale earlier, but by the time I went back to my cart it was gone and most of the colors were back up to $39. Made it easy to narrow down what I would buy, I guess! :) I'm about 5'3" and 110-115 when I'm not pregnant, so I ordered a petite small and medium and reg. small in the purple, and reg. small in the pink. I'm pregnant, so hoping I can wear this both now and after baby. If I get them and they all look weird/ fit strange, no biggie, but I'm happy to take a chance and see how they work.
Thanks, OP, for sharing, and PP for comments/ helpful advice!
One other quick question: does anyone who bought one have a smaller chest? I do, and I'm wondering if it totally minimizes your chest even more, the way it drapes straight across? If so, I may want to send back.

I do. I find it looks great and very flattering - as long as you get the right size. If I had a small instead of XS, it would look like a sack on me. For those looking for colors advice, I like the heathered colors, especially the sea green. I also have the dark pink heathered style.

elizamom
11-05-2014, 03:58 PM
So the the navy heather and off white stripe is the only fleece one on sale for $19.90? Ive never worn anything shaped like this, but I might try it. So you all think you would wear it with skinny jeans and boots? I wouldnt know what else to wear it with. Thanks for sharing about sizing, citymama. I am the same height and weight as you so at least I know what size to order.

mom2binsd
11-05-2014, 09:53 PM
I wear it as I would any cardigan, usually with a short sleeved tshirt underneath, with dress pants or with jeans. I usually have it open. I always get compliments when I wear it.

The regular is quite generous, so anybody under about 5'5" might consider the petite, my friend who is that height ordered the petite and is fine with it.

joules
11-05-2014, 10:16 PM
Last christmas I picked a regular sized one for my mom. Not knowing that my sister had bought the same one (different color) for my mom too, but in the petite size. She is 5'2". When she tried them on I liked the regular length, but she liked the petite length. Just a personal preference.

wendibird22
11-05-2014, 10:20 PM
I'm 5'1" and have the petite and it hits mid butt. Not long enough to wear with leggings but ok with skinny jeans. Like Mom2, I wear mine with work pants too.

elizamom
11-06-2014, 08:57 AM
I waited to long. My size is gone. :((((

wendibird22
11-06-2014, 10:14 AM
Wearing mine today. Here's a pic. Again I'm 5'1" and earring a PM. Could've done a PS but was worried about the arms being too tonight. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/06/41a43fd496f97e5da7b70d78beb3defa.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/06/7ccfa3f6cf305781f72326bcb0009ef1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zukeypur
11-06-2014, 11:53 AM
I love that color!!!! I hope I like the stripe.

ourbabygirl
11-06-2014, 12:15 PM
Very cute! Thanks for the pics, wendibird22!

wendibird22
11-06-2014, 12:23 PM
Sorry the pics are so big. Posted from my phone and they are just thumbnails there.

ourbabygirl
11-08-2014, 04:38 PM
Thanks again for the rec. for this sweater, OP and PP! :) I ordered a kind of tie-dyed looking purple one (it also comes in black, but wasn't on sale for $19.xx), they came yesterday, & I really like it! I'm about 5'3", ~110-20 lbs. when not pregnant (about 6 months along now), & I ordered a reg. small, a petite small, & petite medium. I opened up the small right away and it seems to fit great, so I left the other two in their packages. I also ordered a pink one of the lighter weight style... I like it fine but I'm not as crazy about it, and I already have an Old Navy sweater in a similar color, so I think I'll send it back.

Looks like they still have some petite fleece ones available in certain colors and sizes:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/bobeau-asymmetrical-fleece-wrap-cardigan-petite/3379983?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=Heather+Koro+Sea&resultback=640&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_2_B

calebsmama03
11-08-2014, 10:07 PM
I can't believe I missed this! Are none of them 19 anymore?

Vintagegirl
11-09-2014, 12:52 PM
The purple print one in regular sizes is still $19.90 and then the solid colors in petite sizes that were posted above.

I can't believe I missed this! Are none of them 19 anymore?

amm40
11-09-2014, 03:14 PM
Thanks for pointing out the purple is still avail. I've gotten lots of compliments on the blue stripe one, and purple is my favorite color!

ourbabygirl
11-09-2014, 04:57 PM
Yeah, I bought the purple one and have worn it twice in two days. :)

joules
11-09-2014, 06:51 PM
My blue heather stripe one came in. It's 80 degrees here so I haven't been able to try it on. I put it on for 5 seconds and had to take it off. It was so hot! I'm 5'2" size 4. I didn't read the size chart and ordered a S. I think it's a little big. I just got the purple one in petite S and XS.

calebsmama03
11-09-2014, 10:25 PM
Thanks for pointing out the purple is still avail. I've gotten lots of compliments on the blue stripe one, and purple is my favorite color!
I found the petite ones and ordered one to try but I'm 5'6" so it'll prob have to go back. I don't see any purples for $19. There a plum wine but it's $39. The other purple color is sold out. Wait, you're talking about the purple one with the weird burn out print, right? Too camo looking for my taste. Bummer.

citymama
11-09-2014, 11:54 PM
Are the $19 ones the fleece or gauzy fabric? I'm not seeing any fleece ones at that price point.

joules
11-10-2014, 02:43 AM
Are the $19 ones the fleece or gauzy fabric? I'm not seeing any fleece ones at that price point.

Here's the purple one PP have mentioned (regular and non petite sizes available): http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/bobeau-one-button-fleece-cardigan/3827040?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=114&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-1_2_C

There used to be more solid color options and sizes for this petite sized one (only XL Petite left in pink): http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/bobeau-asymmetrical-fleece-wrap-cardigan-petite/3379983?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=403&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-1_3_B

csnoop
11-10-2014, 06:08 PM
I just received mine, the fleece one w/denim colored and white stripes. It fits just fine. I am 5'6", about 150lbs. Medium fits just fine for me. I don't think the arms are that narrowed. I have pretty average arms. The sleeves are pretty long. It's much nicer than I thought it would be, especially for a fleece sweater. I love it! Thanks OP!

CC

Vintagegirl
11-12-2014, 12:04 AM
I just got my navy striped wrap tonight and I like it WAY more than I thought I would. I think it's because the color is darker in real life. Looks like it's still on sale too:
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/bobeau-asymmetrical-fleece-wrap-cardigan-regular-petite/3927909

I also got this one (out of stock now) and like it too. Although this one is the gauzy fabric and not nearly as cozy.
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/bobeau-one-button-asymmetrical-cardigan/3695595

Now just waiting for the purple print one to show up to decide as I can't keep them all.

Looks like Pineterest Told Me To also featured the brown and black striped wrap:
http://pinteresttoldmeto.blogspot.com/

zukeypur
11-12-2014, 12:41 AM
I got mine today too, and I love it!!!! DD gave me a thumbs up, but only with it unbuttoned.

zukeypur
11-12-2014, 03:12 PM
Wearing it today!http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/12/02addee0c296c75f2b273d594c435b53.jpg

barkley1
11-12-2014, 03:19 PM
I love mine, too! I got the navy striped one and it's SO cozy. I have a feeling I'll be wearing it a lot w boots and a solid shirt...also, I ordered the purple one after trying this one on. For size reference I am 5'3.5". I usually wear perite but it wasn't on sale for some rEason when I ordered. But the regular XS fits fine.

Eta: I did not like the pink gauzy one....it's going back. It was thin, wrinkly, and just didn't have any shape. So, I'm replacing it w the purple one. This time I ordered the xs and petite xs, so we'll see which fits better.

(Pls excuse the dirty garage mirror)

Vintagegirl
11-12-2014, 05:51 PM
They look so cute on both of you! Way better than on the Nordstrom model. :) Anyone want to show pics of themselves in the purple print one?

khughes
11-12-2014, 09:33 PM
I was able to snag the blue with wIHow stripes last night but it's on backorder. I like it much better unbuttoned.

BDKmom
11-12-2014, 10:14 PM
The pics talked me into it. Ordered the blue and white. Looks so comfy.

joules
11-12-2014, 11:49 PM
I think everyone that posted pics look better in it than the Nordstrom model does!

kboyle
11-13-2014, 11:00 AM
I usually order petite and can't decide on the purple regular or petite... 4'11" but I'm used to wearing stuff not petite...I don't want to look like I'm wearing a sack though.

I like the blue stripe but it's no longer available in xs and it looks like that will be too big from other comments...

mom2binsd
11-13-2014, 11:02 AM
I'm the same height, I've tried on the regular and it's a lot of material on my frame, I wear a xs petite, but also have a small petite, either is fine. I could not do a regular sized one. I don't want it super long, I don't worry about it completely covering my butt as I usually wear with regular pants/jeans.

kboyle
11-13-2014, 11:42 AM
I ended up ordering the reg xs since I wanted it a bit longer. The xs petite is backordered so I'm hoping this ships quick and I can exchange if need be and it doesn't sell out. I was also worried about the snug arms...I hate that!

elbenn
11-13-2014, 11:54 AM
Thanks for posting your pictures wearing the wrap. You guys look so great that I decided to order two! I thought I missed out on the cheap one, but since I had it in my cart, I was able to get it on backorder (it didn't show anymore on their website so for those still wanting one, you might be able to call and order one). I also got one in barley. Thanks, OP, for posting about this deal!

AnnieW625
11-13-2014, 12:01 PM
I didn't order, but I think it would look like a tent on my curvy body, especially when buttoned. Hopefully we will get some at the local Nordstrom Rack so I can try one in person.

ourbabygirl
11-13-2014, 03:33 PM
I have a purple print one, and ordered myself the navy striped one and two regular color ($40) ones for my mom.... hope they fit & that she likes them! :)

joules
11-15-2014, 02:08 AM
the blue/white stripe one is in stock again in regular sizes.

I have Blue/White in regular size S. And the purple burn out in petite XS and S came today. The purple one is a lot thinner but the fleece-y lining on the inside makes up for it so it's a lot warmer than I expected. I'm a 4 (I think) 5'2", but Petite XS was really tight on my arms. I don't know if it's because the purple ones I got are petite sized or if it's because they are thinner, but the purple drapes better on me. From the back it looks like a nicely fitted cardigan. Whereas the Blue/White stripe one looks looser and a bit more tent like from the back. But the blue/white one is thicker and warmer. And I don't mind the extra fabric. I would be able to wear something thicker under it.

I can't decide.

hellokitty
11-15-2014, 09:47 AM
I didn't order, but I think it would look like a tent on my curvy body, especially when buttoned. Hopefully we will get some at the local Nordstrom Rack so I can try one in person.

I think that it looks unflattering from the back. I'm curvier too and I like the way it looks from the front, but feel like it needs to be more fitted in the back. That's what's stopped me from ordering.

barkley1
11-15-2014, 11:09 AM
the blue/white stripe one is in stock again in regular sizes.

I have Blue/White in regular size S. And the purple burn out in petite XS and S came today. The purple one is a lot thinner but the fleece-y lining on the inside makes up for it so it's a lot warmer than I expected. I'm a 4 (I think) 5'2", but Petite XS was really tight on my arms. I don't know if it's because the purple ones I got are petite sized or if it's because they are thinner, but the purple drapes better on me. From the back it looks like a nicely fitted cardigan. Whereas the Blue/White stripe one looks looser and a bit more tent like from the back. But the blue/white one is thicker and warmer. And I don't mind the extra fabric. I would be able to wear something thicker under it.

I can't decide.

I agree...my purple ones came yesterday. They were both xs, but the petite one was a LOT shorter, as in didn't cover my bum. I don't care about that, but it was not the look I was going for - more like a shirt or sweatshirt vs a cape/shawl like the other striped one. The arms in the petite xs were pretty tight; the regular xs arms didn't bother me at all. I still don't know if I'll keep it...I really wanted a nice thick one like the striped one. It's a bit thinner, so I feel like I won't be able to wear it with as much without it looking bumpy underneath. And it just didn't hang as well on me....opposite of Joules, go figure! I'm happy to try it on again and post a pic today if anyone's on the fence.

StantonHyde
11-15-2014, 07:51 PM
I got my royal blue fleece one yesterday and wore it today. I got a ton of compliments on it. I am 5'10" and got an XL--I can't stand tight arms and knew I would be wearing it over long sleeved shirts (it is cold here). It fits great! I can see how if you are shorter, it wouldn't work as well. i am flat on top but have hips. It doesn't go well below my butt in the back, but it looks good in the front. Lots of flowy fabric--drapes well. One woman even asked, "where did you get that sweater? you are the second person i have seen wearing it." :love5:

Melaine
12-19-2014, 12:28 AM
Bumping for any pics of purple burnout please? It's still on sale and I think I might order.

barkley1
12-20-2014, 11:26 PM
I have the purple. I'm down for the count with a cold, I'm praying it's not the flu!, I'll try to take a picture for you tomorrow. Were you wanting to see it on or just a close up of the pattern or what?