PDA

View Full Version : Best color for this coat?

athompson
11-06-2014, 04:00 PM
Do you like this in glass blue or black? I'm having trouble deciding, but it is getting cold here and I need to order one:)
http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/womens-down-with-it-parka?p=28438-0
FWIW, I have light brown hair, fair skin and green eyes.

SnuggleBuggles
11-06-2014, 04:12 PM
Not black. I find they look too much like a garbage bag when they are black with a little shine and a lot of fabric. The cream would look nice for a while and then it wouldn't, ime. I'd get one of the other too. I'm partial to brown. It's an easy neutral to work with.

lovin2shop
11-06-2014, 04:21 PM
I think the Blue is really pretty!

Indianamom2
11-06-2014, 06:24 PM
Blue! You and I are similar with fair skin, green eyes and light brown hair (mine has some red mixed in). I am just about to pull the plug on a shimmery blue down coat. I think black washes us out.

abh5e8
11-06-2014, 06:27 PM
blue! i have 1 long black coats (wool pea coat dress length and a very similar coat to the OPs link, from patagonia) and i'm itching for some color.

Green_Tea
11-06-2014, 06:38 PM
I love the blue - but if you wear a lot of denim, you might want to consider how it will look with jeans. I tend to shy away from wearing a blue top with blue jeans. I would go for the brown or black!

SnuggleBuggles
11-06-2014, 06:41 PM
I love the blue - but if you wear a lot of denim, you might want to consider how it will look with jeans. I tend to shy away from wearing a blue top with blue jeans. I would go for the brown or black!

That's why I voted brown. Forgot to add that. :)

athompson
11-06-2014, 07:11 PM

I only wear dark denim. Does that change your vote?

SnuggleBuggles
11-06-2014, 08:08 PM

Still head to toe blue, kwim? I do have a great light blue peacoat though that looks just fine- it's just a lot of blue. :)

zukeypur
11-06-2014, 08:21 PM
Blue. There are so many black coats. The blue is really pretty and will stand out a bit more.

hellokitty
11-06-2014, 09:39 PM
Blue or brown. I agree that there are too many ppl with black coats.

daisysmom
11-06-2014, 09:53 PM
I too looked at this coat on line today. There is a north face ine similar to this, and an llbeane one too. I already have a black parks (short tho) and I had a dark brown parks that was this length that I wore to death last winter. I too am looking for a bit if trend and color in this year's coat. I say go for the blue! I wear a lot of black and brown but I think a pop of color in a coat is fun!

MMMommy
11-06-2014, 11:15 PM
The blue is a pretty color!

citymama
11-07-2014, 02:26 AM
Another vote for blue!

Green_Tea
11-07-2014, 08:36 AM

Still too much blue for me, but I am clearly in the minority :). It's a beautiful color - if you love it, go for it!

Nooknookmom
11-08-2014, 05:15 AM
Blue! Dare to be different and a blue hued coat is not the same as a denim jacket, jeans denim shirt etc. It's a pretty blue winter coat. U can wear it as a neutral and build outfits around it. LOVE it.

Mommy_Mea
11-08-2014, 06:45 AM
It is such a long jacket that I wouldn't worry about what you were wearing under it. Go for the blue!

athompson
11-08-2014, 09:04 AM
Thank you for your help! I'm going with blue:)

Kindra178
11-09-2014, 12:35 AM
Another voice of dissent here. It's a lovely coat and color, I just worry you are going to get sick of it. Do you have other black winter ready coats? If yes, adding a blue into the mix is a great idea. If you don't, I think you are going to feel like throwing that coat away by May (when you will be putting it away).

athompson
11-09-2014, 08:51 PM
Another voice of dissent here. It's a lovely coat and color, I just worry you are going to get sick of it. Do you have other black winter ready coats? If yes, adding a blue into the mix is a great idea. If you don't, I think you are going to feel like throwing that coat away by May (when you will be putting it away).
I've thought about this. I'm really tired of any coat by May though! You know how it is here, it hits 65 and we're all out in our shorts and t-shirts:)