PDA

View Full Version : Villa or Animal Kingdom

flashy09
11-07-2014, 11:13 AM
With a baby that goes to bed at 630/7, is a one bedroom villa very important? There is a villa open at Saratoga Springs. We are currently booked at the Animal Kingdom, but just in one room. Hoping a suite opens up but maybe safer to grab the open villa now?

Any overall opinions on either one? We have a Savanna view - will we be able to see many animals?

Or is the monorail way easiest??

Edit: now i have switched to 1 bedroom villa at boardwalk so we can walk to our breakfasts with doc mcstuffins!

liz
11-08-2014, 06:11 PM
Saw your update, glad you found something! Last time we went to Disney, we stayed at a 1BR in Saratoga Springs. I LOVED the separation of space. Since having kids, the thought of sharing one big room during our vacation is not appealing to me at all.

hellokitty
11-08-2014, 07:11 PM
Congrats! We are going to be staying at a 1 bdrm at AKL in January and psyched to have the extra space and since we'll be in kidani... two bathrooms!!!! :jammin:

LKMang
11-08-2014, 08:19 PM
Once you go 1-bedroom, you won't wanna go back to a regular room! We are DVC members and now we will only stay in at least a 1 bedroom. The extra space is soooo worth it. We will actually be staying in a 2 bedroom at AKL Kidani later this month. 1 bedrooms are also great for the full kitchen and in room laundry. We've never stayed at boardwalk but the location can't be beat! Have a fun trip!

flashy09
11-09-2014, 04:11 PM
I am really excited! I think being able to put the baby away in her room at 630 and get room service if we want and not have to shush DD1 every 3 seconds will be worth it.. Or if DD1 desperately needs a nap (no way will she stroller nap) I have somewhere to put her and shut the door and make it seem like a real nap time.

Does anyone know how close it is to Hollywood and Vine? Is it truly walking distance? Is the boat ride fun to downtown Disney and any kid friendly fun places to eat?

MSWR0319
11-09-2014, 04:33 PM
I am really excited! I think being able to put the baby away in her room at 630 and get room service if we want and not have to shush DD1 every 3 seconds will be worth it.. Or if DD1 desperately needs a nap (no way will she stroller nap) I have somewhere to put her and shut the door and make it seem like a real nap time.

Does anyone know how close it is to Hollywood and Vine? Is it truly walking distance? Is the boat ride fun to downtown Disney and any kid friendly fun places to eat?

You'll be so happy you got the Villa. We won't stay anywhere now unless we have one bedroom. It's so nice to be able to put the kids to bed and still stay up and watch TV or relax. We are staying at the Beach Club Villas and I was told it's no longer than a 20 minute walk. I don't remember how long the boat ride is to HS.

egoldber
11-09-2014, 05:06 PM
We are DVC owners and Boardwalk is our home resort. :) We have stayed there many, many time. It's a 15-20 minute walk to the DHS from BWV, depending on your room location and how fast you walk. We never take the boat because it generally takes a lot longer. If you have a stroller and can carry it down steps, it's generally much faster to walk through the resort to a side exit closer to DHS vs. leaving through the "main" exit by the elevators off the lobby.

H&V is an additional 5ish minute walk inside the main gates of DHS.

If you take the boat back from DHS, generally it is also faster to get off at the Swan/Dolphin (the first stop after leaving DHS) and then walk back to the Boardwalk because the boat will stop at Yacht Club/Beach Club before stopping at Boardwalk.

Tinkerbell313
11-11-2014, 04:32 PM
Is the boat ride fun to downtown Disney and any kid friendly fun places to eat?

You will need to take the bus from Boardwalk to Downtown Disney. The only boats that go to Downtown Disney are from Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter old Key West and Saratoga Springs.

Since they are doing lots of construction at downtown Disney I am not sure if restaurants have changed...but the two big restaurants for kids are Rainforest Cafe and Trex (both are chain restaurants).

keh602
11-11-2014, 05:00 PM
Our favorite place to eat at Downtown Disney is Wolfgang Puck's Grand Cafe. Doesn't have kid theming, but it's plenty kid-friendly, and the food is delicious!