PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Cards Deals Master Thread

candaceb
11-07-2014, 03:39 PM
post your deals here as you find them.

here's one I just came across

Tiny Prints - code 10freecards for 10 free cards - shipping is $5.99 exp. 11/12.

AngB
11-07-2014, 04:15 PM
Costco has a coupon in the coupon book for $5 off I think expires 11/22 or 11/23, and their prices $14.99 for 50 are better than most deals I have seen.

AnnieW625
11-07-2014, 04:30 PM
I got a mailer for 30% off Tiny Prints yesterday that is good until 12-23 so watch your mail. I haven't even really looked at cards yet, but I also have to rec. Greetings by Costco which are 25 for $17 I think and the quality is really nice too for the price if don't want photo paper cards, but don't have a super expensive card budget.

AngB
11-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Greetings by Costco which are 25 for $17 I think and the quality is really nice too for the price if don't want photo paper cards, but don't have a super expensive card budget.

There was a coupon in the Costco coupon book for that too. I think $4 or $5 off.

ourbabygirl
11-07-2014, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I ended up doing the Costco ones this year. Their system is much more of a pain to use than what I'm used to from companies like Shutterfly and Snapfish (and even the Groupon-type things like Mixbook, etc.), but I'm hoping they'll turn out o.k. for a bit less money. I think it's $34.50 for 50 cards, and you can use the $5 off coupon until late Nov. Make sure you order them early enough, though, as I believe they take 7-10 business days.

Tammy
11-07-2014, 10:54 PM
Vista Print has 50% off holiday cards then think it was 35% off with code given on their page through 11/10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ILikeToSave
11-09-2014, 10:14 AM
If you are handy with Photoshop (or can do an inexpensive Etsy card), this is the lab Tiny Prints uses for a fraction of the cost. It's quite easy to set up a wholesale account. http://www.stationeryhq.com/

Last year I ordered 100 cards & envelopes on 11/30 (110# white felt upgraded 5x7 photo cards). They shipped 12/1. Cost $71 shipped & I received them a few days later. Same exact paper & quality as Tiny Prints.

Momit
11-09-2014, 03:57 PM
If you are handy with Photoshop (or can do an inexpensive Etsy card), this is the lab Tiny Prints uses for a fraction of the cost. It's quite easy to set up a wholesale account. http://www.stationeryhq.com/

Last year I ordered 100 cards & envelopes on 11/30 (110# white felt upgraded 5x7 photo cards). They shipped 12/1. Cost $71 shipped & I received them a few days later. Same exact paper & quality as Tiny Prints.

Good to know. I'm using TinyPrints this year but man are they pricey.

Momit
11-09-2014, 03:57 PM
Duplicate post.

jennilynn
11-11-2014, 03:19 PM
Shutterfly: spend $50 on holiday cards between Nov. 10-24, receive three free gifts (luggage tag, magnet, mouse pad.) http://www.shutterfly.com/greetingsandgifts/

LD92599
11-11-2014, 03:50 PM
Snapfish has 50% off site wide today

rolypoly27
11-11-2014, 04:33 PM
Groupon for holiday cards from Staples: http://gr.pn/1B27irT

Double sided 5x7 cards

$10 for 50 or $19 for 100

elizamom
11-11-2014, 05:34 PM
The staples deal seems outstanding. Am I missing something? I've never used staples for anything.

ChefGirl
11-11-2014, 06:23 PM
Anyone has any experience with Staples? Seems like a super deal to me ...

jerigirl
11-11-2014, 08:11 PM
InkGarden $14.99 for 20 supreme holiday cards. Code: Supreme. Expires 11/13

eliza's mom
11-12-2014, 12:36 PM

I read a press release that they came out with a new line of holiday cards- "In addition, Staples has a new selection of holiday card designs. To celebrate, Staples is giving 25 FREE 5x7 matte holiday photo cards with any in-store purchase on Thanksgiving Day or Black Friday while supplies last. Visit design.staples.com to design cards online and pick-up in store. Redeem free card coupon by Dec. 13. Customers will also receive an additional 30 percent off any orders over 25 cards."

Also, coupon code of SALE at groupon.com gives you 20% off today only, making this an even better deal. Hope the quality is good but $8 for 50 cards can't be beat!

Ansu
mt E 6, M 4 and C2

Suebell
11-12-2014, 12:59 PM
Is there a coupon code for the Costco deal? I can't find my darn coupon book.

brittone2
11-12-2014, 01:04 PM
50% off foil stamped cards today at Peartree with the code FOIL50.

Of course I just ordered our cards from there last night :banghead: in a foil stamped design at a smaller discount. I guess you roll the dice with it this time of the year!

Vintagegirl
11-12-2014, 01:17 PM

I actually used them last year and was pleased with them. I definitely thought they were way better than Costco and printed on heavy card stock. The card selections were a little limited last year but overall I was very happy. The cards did not have a Staples brand logo (which I thought was a good thing) and they felt like good quality.

I had planned to use Cardstore last year again but had trouble with our picture size (even though they were professionally done) and had decided not to even do cards. But then Staples had some really good last minute deals (really close to Christmas) and I think I paid $5 for 50! I'll likely do the $8 for 50 deal.

rolypoly27
11-12-2014, 02:21 PM
Just wanted to add that the Staples deal is for double sided 5x7 flat cards printed on matte paper in-store. I think these are thinner than cardstock. It's what they use to print business cards. At least that's what the store rep told me when I called. It's still an awesome deal and better than photo paper. I'm still wavering between the staples deal and going with Cardstore again.

Vintagegirl
11-12-2014, 02:26 PM
Good point - the ones I got last year were single sided and on nice thick matte paper.

Just wanted to add that the Staples deal is for double sided 5x7 flat cards printed on matte paper in-store. I think these are thinner than cardstock. It's what they use to print business cards. At least that's what the store rep told me when I called. It's still an awesome deal and better than photo paper. I'm still wavering between the staples deal and going with Cardstore again.

PghMama
11-12-2014, 03:41 PM
Has anyone seen anything from Cardstore yet? I really like the quality of their cards.

rolypoly27
11-12-2014, 03:50 PM
Has anyone seen anything from Cardstore yet? I really like the quality of their cards.

They usually have a 49 cent card deal for Black Friday and then better deals as it gets closer to Christmas. I was hoping for something similar this year too.

Twoboos
11-12-2014, 04:15 PM
Also, coupon code of SALE at groupon.com gives you 20% off today only, making this an even better deal. Hope the quality is good but $8 for 50 cards can't be beat!

Ansu
mt E 6, M 4 and C2

Thanks for this, I just took a chance and got 100 cards for $15.20. Not bad. Hopefully they'll look good! (Can't be worse than my usual emergency order from Walmart or Walgreens. ;))

Pinky
11-12-2014, 05:26 PM
They usually have a 49 cent card deal for Black Friday and then better deals as it gets closer to Christmas. I was hoping for something similar this year too.

For this deal will you actually have to make the cards on black Friday or do they give you a day or two?

atroxnixfemina
11-12-2014, 08:59 PM
For this deal will you actually have to make the cards on black Friday or do they give you a day or two?

You have to place the order the day (or days) of the sale.

nfowife
11-12-2014, 11:29 PM
There is a holiday card deal on groupon for picaboo, $36 for 100 plus the 20% discount for today makes it like $29 for 100 cards. I ordered from picaboo last year and was very happy with the quality. Stationery, both sides printing and customizable, very nice looking! You can also order less cards, but I need 110. Picaboo itself also has a code freecard14 for the first 10 cards free, not sure if they can work together, but I'm going to try when I decide which card I'm ordering!

AngB
11-13-2014, 01:39 AM
There is a holiday card deal on groupon for picaboo, $36 for $100 plus the 20% discount for today makes it like $29 for 100 cards. I ordered from picaboo last year and was very happy with the quality. Stationery, both sides printing and customizable, very nice looking! You can also order less cards, but I need 110. Picaboo itself also has a code freecard14 for the first 10 cards free, not sure if they can work together, but I'm going to try when I decide which card I'm ordering!

THANK YOU! SOLD! I did the 70 card option (we only need like 50'ish), which ended up being 23.xx with the code. And 5% cashback from Upromise. They have some card templates I really like.

rolypoly27
11-13-2014, 03:18 AM
There is a holiday card deal on groupon for picaboo, $36 for $100 plus the 20% discount for today makes it like $29 for 100 cards. I ordered from picaboo last year and was very happy with the quality. Stationery, both sides printing and customizable, very nice looking! You can also order less cards, but I need 110. Picaboo itself also has a code freecard14 for the first 10 cards free, not sure if they can work together, but I'm going to try when I decide which card I'm ordering!

Thank you! Decided to jump on this one. Got the 70 card option since we need about 50.

Ebates is 6% and ShopDiscover is 5%.

nfowife
11-13-2014, 01:16 PM
Glad I could help someone! I ended up doing both a 100 groupon and the 40 groupon. We only need about 110 cards but it was just $5 more to get the 40 card deal than to buy 10 directly from picaboo without the discount, and since shipping is included in the deal I just did 2 separate orders of the same card using a groupon each time. So 140 cards for $55 shipped! I feel pretty good about that. Plus $50 to have family pics done, and $50 for stamps..... it adds up!

erosenst
11-16-2014, 02:04 PM
Although I've loved some cards on Minted and TinyPrints in the past, I've always found a 'too good to be passed up' code for Snapfish. This year is no exception - 60% off orders over $80; expires November 30th. Just took the picture yesterday, and off to look for cards that will work. It expires 11/30 so *may* wait to see if a comparable code comes out Black Friday for other sites, but history says that it won't.

RETAILMENOT6080

sadbunny
11-16-2014, 06:58 PM
FYI I got the Groupon Zazzle and Staples deal and I actually like the Staples cards better. It seems like the photo came out more vivid.

pomegranate
11-17-2014, 11:21 PM
Just snapped up the Staples deal. Thanks for the poster who brought it up! We are on one income this year so this deal fits the bill.

Vintagegirl
11-20-2014, 02:20 PM
My Kohl's bill came yesterday and had an offer for Shutterfly:

Enjoy $20 for holiday cards plus free shipping.
Expires Dec 31,2014

candaceb
11-20-2014, 04:16 PM
I picked up my Staples cards yesterday and I am thrilled with the quality for the price.

calv
11-20-2014, 04:35 PM
The staples groupon I'm assuming is sold out right?!? :(

pomegranate
11-20-2014, 04:55 PM
I picked my Staples cards yesterday too and am also very happy with the quality at $10 for 50 cards. Unfortunately, calv, I think the Groupon is sold out. At least for my location.

azzeps
11-22-2014, 02:38 PM
I've fallen hard for a card on Minted, and of course, they're only offering 15% off VERY EXPENSIVE cards... sigh.

rolypoly27
11-25-2014, 03:46 PM
Sigh. So I received our Picaboo order yesterday and the photo looks grainy. Not too happy with the printing quality so I'm sending the order back for a refund. It's a shame because I really like the design and the paper quality is fine. Now I regret not getting the Staples deal that I posted about! I guess I'll be waiting for a Cardstore deal or just going with Costco.

eta: the Staples deal is still available for anyone looking: http://www.groupon.com/deals/staples-9-orange-county?utm_source=uu58836289&utm_campaign=UserReferral_ma

carolinacool
11-25-2014, 08:18 PM
Oh, wow. I think I might go for that Staples deal. It wasn't available when I checked a few days ago. I did Costco, which I've done in the past. But this year I goofed. I zoomed in too much on one picture, so it looks really soft. I'm not really happy with them, but was just going to send them because they were $10. With this deal, we're still are only paying $20 total between the two.

Melbel
11-25-2014, 09:19 PM
For those who did the Staples deal, how thick is the paper? Can anyone compare to Tiny Prints?

candaceb
11-25-2014, 09:35 PM
For those who did the Staples deal, how thick is the paper? Can anyone compare to Tiny Prints?

I have cards from both in front of me. The main difference IMO was the choice of designs. Tiny Prints just has a more upscale look. To me, the cards feel like they are the same weight. My cards from Staples are glossy and the ones from Tiny Prints are matte. You also can't customize the back of the cards from Staples - I usually put a bunch of photos from the year and 1 family photo on the back.

The Staples cards were a great replacement for the people who usually get photo paper cards from us - all of the random hair stylist, teacher, mail man, garbage man, etc. cards. People who see us all the time and don't need to see the photos from the year that I put on the back of the cards I usually get from Shutterfly & Tiny Prints.

kamileer
11-25-2014, 09:51 PM
I have a 40%OFF Tiny Prints promo code that I am happy to share. It is stackable with FREESHIP49 for free shipping over $49. Please PM me if you want one!

cuca_
11-25-2014, 09:59 PM
I have a 40%OFF Tiny Prints promo code that I am happy to share. It is stackable with FREESHIP49 for free shipping over $49. Please PM me if you want one!

Sent you a pm!

calv
11-25-2014, 10:19 PM
Anyone know or used zazzle in the past? Never used them so I'm curious. TIA

nfowife
11-26-2014, 12:00 AM
Sigh. So I received our Picaboo order yesterday and the photo looks grainy. Not too happy with the printing quality so I'm sending the order back for a refund. It's a shame because I really like the design and the paper quality is fine. Now I regret not getting the Staples deal that I posted about! I guess I'll be waiting for a Cardstore deal or just going with Costco.

eta: the Staples deal is still available for anyone looking: http://www.groupon.com/deals/staples-9-orange-county?utm_source=uu58836289&utm_campaign=UserReferral_ma

So sorry to hear! Are you sure it's not your photo quality or a printing error? I am so happy with my cards both this year and last.

rolypoly27
11-26-2014, 12:24 AM
So sorry to hear! Are you sure it's not your photo quality or a printing error? I am so happy with my cards both this year and last.

I used a high resolution photo from a DSLR camera so I don't think it was the quality of the photo. The card looked so grainy... it made our eyes and teeth look really weird up close. Maybe it was a printing error I don't know. They offered to reprint the cards but said that I would be responsible for the taxes and shipping on the reprint order. No thanks, especially when it wasn't my fault. I'm glad yours turned out well... they probably do a good job most of the time.

firstbaby
11-26-2014, 12:41 AM
I used Zazzle last year and was super impressed. Great designs and super fast shipping.

lcarlson90
11-27-2014, 02:03 AM
I did the Groupon deal for Staples and I was really disappointed with the quality of the photo printing. The first time they printed them the color was so dark you could barely see our faces in the photos. They reprinted them but now they are too bright.

mushka
11-27-2014, 11:56 PM
When do you guys send the cards out? My are all ready, but I'm worried it's too early to send.

viba424
11-28-2014, 09:20 AM
I did the Groupon deal for Staples and I was really disappointed with the quality of the photo printing. The first time they printed them the color was so dark you could barely see our faces in the photos. They reprinted them but now they are too bright.

That is a little concerning. However if I were to do it, is in-store pickup the only option or do they have shipping (an is it reasonable?)

pomegranate
11-28-2014, 11:03 PM
That is a little concerning. However if I were to do it, is in-store pickup the only option or do they have shipping (an is it reasonable?)

It's in-store pick-up only. I thought the quality was great for the $10 price. It's not going to be Tiny Prints (which I've done in the past too) but it's a fraction of the cost.

twotimesblue
11-28-2014, 11:43 PM
Paper Culture is offering 50% off their holiday cards today through 12/1. I order from them every year and think their cards are the best quality you can find...I always get a ton of compliments on them.
www.paperculture.com
They also plant a tree for every order placed! (no code needed)

calebsmama03
12-01-2014, 09:11 PM
So disappointed with the Cardstore cybermonday deal this year. Even though I have my addresses loaded there and loved their quality I am going to skip it. Bummed because I totally waited for it. Guess we'll do staples groupon or costco

Mommy_Mea
12-01-2014, 09:29 PM
Got my Zazzle order this weekend, and I was VERY happy with the quality for the price!!

curiousgeorge
12-01-2014, 09:51 PM
If you want to use Shutterfly, today is the day! I just ordered 100 cards for $60 shipped. 5x7 on cardstock. It's an additional 25% off their sale prices with cyber25 and free shipping with ship49.

Pinky
12-02-2014, 12:49 AM
So disappointed with the Cardstore cybermonday deal this year. Even though I have my addresses loaded there and loved their quality I am going to skip it. Bummed because I totally waited for it. Guess we'll do staples groupon or costco

Was it a better deal last year? I thought 69 cent cards was a good deal.

rolypoly27
12-02-2014, 01:45 AM
Was it a better deal last year? I thought 69 cent cards was a good deal.

It was 49 cents last year. I'm disappointed as well. Totally waited for this sale.

jennilynn
12-02-2014, 04:59 PM
Staples deal is back for anyone wanting that option.

mickminmom
12-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Thanks to PP for posting about the Staples Groupon...picked up my cards today. Differences to our previous cards..the paper is a bit thinner, the matte is still pretty shiny looking.
But, happy we went for a lower priced option this year! Website was ok to navigate and fast printing!

jgenie
12-02-2014, 11:37 PM
For those of you that used Zazzle, can you offer any tips on using their software? I'm trying to get my cards done and I'm finding it so much harder than Shutterfly. Ugghhh - I'm getting ready to scrap the whole thing and order from Staples.

calebsmama03
12-03-2014, 02:38 AM
It was 49 cents last year. I'm disappointed as well. Totally waited for this sale.

Yep. .49 last year. Previous year was .49 and free mailing! That was too good to be true and knew we'd never see that again but was hoping for the .49 again. Much as I love having the cards just mailed straight from there I will likely just go with staples or costco now.

Pinky
12-03-2014, 09:08 AM
Yep. .49 last year. Previous year was .49 and free mailing! That was too good to be true and knew we'd never see that again but was hoping for the .49 again. Much as I love having the cards just mailed straight from there I will likely just go with staples or costco now.

Yes they definitely hooked me in that year they did free stamps! Now all my addresses are uploaded and I always want to go with them because it's easier.

BuckeyeMom22
12-03-2014, 12:59 PM
For those of you that used Zazzle, can you offer any tips on using their software? I'm trying to get my cards done and I'm finding it so much harder than Shutterfly. Ugghhh - I'm getting ready to scrap the whole thing and order from Staples.

I had a lot of trouble with the Zazzle software. I ended up creating my own design in Photoshop, saving it as a .jpeg, and uploading it to the blank template on Zazzle. I don't think I will be ordering from them again.

jgenie
12-03-2014, 02:05 PM
I had a lot of trouble with the Zazzle software. I ended up creating my own design in Photoshop, saving it as a .jpeg, and uploading it to the blank template on Zazzle. I don't think I will be ordering from them again.

Yikes! I don't have photoshop. Any thoughts on a different software or work around?

Mikey0709
12-03-2014, 02:15 PM
Zazzle is a hassle to use, but after my 3rd year now i think i got a hang of it. Definatley don't try it on a mobile device, i think you only get the full options on a PC. (like being able to turn a card horizontal or verticle).

I kept saving my file as i went along - and edited from the saved one. Then if i made a mistake or clicked and didn't get what i wanted, it was easier to correct.

But i have to say - - received my cards this week and i think they are GORGEOUS! My favorite one yet!

lil_acorn
12-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Did anyone have problems with the staples deal? I can't get any option for in-store pick up and it's only allowing me shipping options - I'm trying to avoid the shipping fee.

BuckeyeMom22
12-03-2014, 02:31 PM
Yikes! I don't have photoshop. Any thoughts on a different software or work around?

You could try PicMonkey or Gimp (both free) or pay for a card on Etsy (they will put the card together and send you a file for printing for $10-$15) and use Zazzle to print it.

Mommy_Mea
12-03-2014, 09:52 PM

I definitely struggled with it as well, and what I ended up doing is just picking a simple, one photo card, and not customizing much... I was not impressed by their interface either, and had trouble picking a card that went well with our photos. As much as I like how they came out, I don't think I will do the Zazzle groupon next year. I just want a little more selection!

savvymom
12-03-2014, 10:11 PM
I used Zazzle in 2012 and 2013 and promised myself never again! Their software is so not user friendly! I finally had luck (both years) with calling the customer service line and "handing over" the project to the rep to edit it in real time on my screen- took a bit of time, but at least I wasn't wanting to throw my laptop across the room. Such a shame, because they have so many cute templates, but I could not deal with the ridiculous software again.

savvymom
12-03-2014, 10:13 PM
Thanks to PP for posting about the Staples Groupon...picked up my cards today. Differences to our previous cards..the paper is a bit thinner, the matte is still pretty shiny looking.
But, happy we went for a lower priced option this year! Website was ok to navigate and fast printing!

Just wanted to agree with this - received my cards today (I ordered 150) and overall was pretty happy. I wish they would have had some more options and styles for my particular photo (one vertical shot), but for the price, the ease of software and the ability to pick up quickly I am definitely happy!

kamileer
12-03-2014, 10:47 PM
Tiny Prints is holding a flash sale tomorrow. I have some 50% off codes up for grabs. Valid only tomorrow 12/4 from 7am-11amEST Please PM me and I will send one your way!

jgenie
12-03-2014, 11:01 PM
Zazzle update: Oh my word! I finally finished my cards. I used one of the simpler designs and finally figured out how to edit my pictures. I'm anxious to see how they look printed. Thanks for the help!!

urbanmommy
12-04-2014, 01:59 PM
Zazzle is having 75% off on cards today. I'm trying to put one together and I am completely unable to edit on their sight. I'm ready to give up despite this being a really good deal. Anyone have advice?

urbanmommy
12-04-2014, 03:44 PM
Zazzle update: Oh my word! I finally finished my cards. I used one of the simpler designs and finally figured out how to edit my pictures. I'm anxious to see how they look printed. Thanks for the help!!

I cannot figure out how to edit the pictures at all. It's not an intuitive site.

logan's mom
12-04-2014, 06:24 PM
I cannot figure out how to edit the pictures at all. It's not an intuitive site.

I used Zazzle last year. I needed to crop a photo to get it to work. I ended up having to contact customer service-I think I called, email someone the picture and the card I wanted to use, they cropped it and emailed it back to me to approve. Once I sent the email, it was probably only 5 minutes before they sent it back. There site is so hard to use, but I thought the customer service was at least helpful!!!

jgenie
12-04-2014, 06:47 PM
Urbanmommy -You have to go down to where the file names are. Click on the name for the photo you want to edit then choose crop from the edit menu. See if that works for you.

rolypoly27
12-04-2014, 09:31 PM
My local Staples store had postcards at their Copy & Print desk with codes for 25 free 5x7 holiday cards. I picked up a few as backup. YMMV.

babybunny
12-04-2014, 11:24 PM
I used a high resolution photo from a DSLR camera so I don't think it was the quality of the photo. The card looked so grainy... it made our eyes and teeth look really weird up close. Maybe it was a printing error I don't know. They offered to reprint the cards but said that I would be responsible for the taxes and shipping on the reprint order. No thanks, especially when it wasn't my fault. I'm glad yours turned out well... they probably do a good job most of the time.

I received my Picaboo orders today. I used the same photo in two different designs. One card came out ok, the other one had an issue with a white border on the bottom of the card. I called customer service, and they offered to reprint them at 50% off. I really found their editing tools to be prone to that error, so I told them that the edit background should not be white if the skewing of a photo would also show white. Anyways, I am not going to reprint them. I will crop them with a paper cutter, all 100 cards. I don't think I will use them again even though I have used them for several years. I am sure I had a deal for these, so my original order was probably less than the reprint cost. I honestly think they should flag a card with this type of error and not print it.

I had tried the Zazzle site and gave up. I used Tiny Prints and Shutterfly this year as well, so I will be able to report back on the quality.

AngB
12-05-2014, 12:28 PM
I received my Picaboo orders today. I used the same photo in two different designs. One card came out ok, the other one had an issue with a white border on the bottom of the card. I called customer service, and they offered to reprint them at 50% off. I really found their editing tools to be prone to that error, so I told them that the edit background should not be white if the skewing of a photo would also show white. Anyways, I am not going to reprint them. I will crop them with a paper cutter, all 100 cards. I don't think I will use them again even though I have used them for several years. I am sure I had a deal for these, so my original order was probably less than the reprint cost. I honestly think they should flag a card with this type of error and not print it.

I had tried the Zazzle site and gave up. I used Tiny Prints and Shutterfly this year as well, so I will be able to report back on the quality.

Oh geez. You guys are making me nervous about my Picaboo order. It's not even supposed to arrive until the 15th. I guess if they are bad I will send them back and get a refund and just use Costco again.

momof2girls
12-05-2014, 04:25 PM
I received my Picaboo cards last week. I ordered two diff styles and both came out very nice. I've gotten compliments already. No complaints from me!

urbanmommy
12-05-2014, 06:33 PM
Urbanmommy -You have to go down to where the file names are. Click on the name for the photo you want to edit then choose crop from the edit menu. See if that works for you.

I found that but still couldn't make my pictures fit. I ended up calling customer service and they were super helpful and got everything in the right place. Hopefully they'll be nice as I've always used shutterfly or tiny prints in the past.

babybunny
12-05-2014, 07:08 PM
Oh geez. You guys are making me nervous about my Picaboo order. It's not even supposed to arrive until the 15th. I guess if they are bad I will send them back and get a refund and just use Costco again.

Hmmmmm. I forgot that I could send them back. I am sure your order will be fine.
I will ask my husband what he thinks.

rolypoly27
12-05-2014, 07:50 PM
Hmmmmm. I forgot that I could send them back. I am sure your order will be fine.
I will ask my husband what he thinks.

When they offered to reprint, I emailed them back requesting a full refund back to my credit card. I had paid using a Groupon plus $7 for tax. They refunded the $7 back to my credit card and credited my voucher so I could use it for a different purchase. I didn't want to use the voucher for another purchase so I called Groupon and asked for a refund. They offered credit to my Groupon account but I asked for a refund back to my credit card since I was not satisfied with the product. They finally agreed to the refund and were very nice about it. I still had to pay to ship the cards and envelopes back but I managed to fit it all into a flat-rate small envelope at USPS so not too bad.

rolypoly27
12-05-2014, 07:53 PM

Others seem happy with their orders, so I'm sure yours will be fine. And like you said, there's always Costco.

AngB
12-05-2014, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the reassurances! I really liked their website and designs, it is too bad their customer service isn't better!

candaceb
12-06-2014, 03:21 PM
Here are 2 tiny prints codes. Please be a dear and post if used. 3834

dream135
12-07-2014, 02:22 PM
Finally got our pictures. Am I too late to get any deals on folded cards?
Is the best deal I can get 30% off at TinyPrints?

Staraglimmer
12-07-2014, 08:35 PM
Tiny prints is 40% off today.

acmom
12-07-2014, 09:26 PM
Tiny prints is 40% off today.

Anyone know if there is any option to do multiple pics on the back of flat cards at Tiny Prints? I would love to take advantage of this deal but we usually do our professional family pic on the front and candids from the past year on the back. So far all the cards I have looked at on Tiny Prints site can only do a plain back or 1 photo on the back...

babybunny
12-07-2014, 09:58 PM
Anyone know if there is any option to do multiple pics on the back of flat cards at Tiny Prints? I would love to take advantage of this deal but we usually do our professional family pic on the front and candids from the past year on the back. So far all the cards I have looked at on Tiny Prints site can only do a plain back or 1 photo on the back...

I picked a random card design and played around with it. When I got past designing the first side and hit the button to advance to the back side, if had options for the back layout if I scrolled down. The options were on the far left side. Hope that helps you

iowavb
12-07-2014, 10:38 PM
Has anyone had any quality issues with Staples? I have my card ready to print but the picture looks blurry on the website (it should not, it's a high resolution photo). I was just wondering if it will print like that or if it's just the site.

oneplustwo
12-08-2014, 12:50 AM

I found that changing the background on the back sometimes gave me more options for the # of photos I could use on that side. For the card I chose, the default background gave me the option of only 1 photo on the back, but when I changed to a different background, it gave me a lot more options for the layout. I did have to scroll through to see the options, and the scrolling wasn't obvious to me at first either. For the card I chose, my options were 1 or 2 photos, with text or no text (or room for two different texts to have captions for both photos), or no photos at all with the option of some text. But at least for the card I chose, the max was two photos on the back. Not sure if that's the case for other card styles.

acmom
12-08-2014, 02:49 PM
I found that changing the background on the back sometimes gave me more options for the # of photos I could use on that side. For the card I chose, the default background gave me the option of only 1 photo on the back, but when I changed to a different background, it gave me a lot more options for the layout. I did have to scroll through to see the options, and the scrolling wasn't obvious to me at first either. For the card I chose, my options were 1 or 2 photos, with text or no text (or room for two different texts to have captions for both photos), or no photos at all with the option of some text. But at least for the card I chose, the max was two photos on the back. Not sure if that's the case for other card styles.

I picked a random card design and played around with it. When I got past designing the first side and hit the button to advance to the back side, if had options for the back layout if I scrolled down. The options were on the far left side. Hope that helps you

Thank you both! I found one that I could do 6 pics on the back. Like you said, it seems to matter which card and background you pick. I also seemed to get more options for the back when I pick a vertical card.

If anyone is still hoping to use Tiny Prints, they extended their 40% off sale to 12/9 bc of website issues they were having last night. Code is still SWSALE.

rolypoly27
12-08-2014, 03:12 PM
Cardstore.com has 69 cents on all flat holiday cards today 12/8 only. Debating whether to pull the trigger, since shipping is $9 for me for 50 cards....

You still have a shot to create flat holiday cards and invitations for Christmas, Season’s Greetings, Kwanzaa, and New Year’s for only 69¢. Today only!
Use Code: DDCCP4821. Valid 12/8 ONLY!

Pinky
12-08-2014, 03:58 PM
Cardstore.com has 69 cents on all flat holiday cards today 12/8 only. Debating whether to pull the trigger, since shipping is $9 for me for 50 cards....

You still have a shot to create flat holiday cards and invitations for Christmas, Season’s Greetings, Kwanzaa, and New Year’s for only 69¢. Today only!
Use Code: DDCCP4821. Valid 12/8 ONLY!
I was thrilled with the quality of our Cardstore cards this year. We go this same deal on cyber Monday.

calv
12-08-2014, 04:14 PM
zazzle is a joke. ugggh, placed my order on the 29th and it's still processing. Yeah pretty upset since my cards are always out by the 1st week of Dec. :( Anyone else having issues w/them?

shartemink
12-08-2014, 05:00 PM
Sara (iowavb) I had the same concern about ordering with Staples -- the pics looked blurry on their site. I placed my order Friday night and picked it up this morning. I am happy to report that the cards look great. Very pleased with this deal!

Mikey0709
12-08-2014, 05:22 PM
Calv - I think you should check in with zazzle.... i placed a 2nd order for more cards on the 4th (the day they were 75% off), got shipping notice on the 6th. My first order was sent out within 24 hours. Maybe there is a problem.

Nurserynurse
12-09-2014, 09:04 AM
We also did the Staples deal. They were ready overnight, and they look great! Very pleased!

calv
12-09-2014, 12:58 PM
Calv - I think you should check in with zazzle.... i placed a 2nd order for more cards on the 4th (the day they were 75% off), got shipping notice on the 6th. My first order was sent out within 24 hours. Maybe there is a problem.

WHAT A nightmare zazzle has been. I ordered 110 cards through groupon. you can't tell me it takes 10 days to print them off. I'm so darn frustrated. they're giving me all sorts of stories that they've been printed, not printed, ready to ship. uggggh, darn it where are my cards?!?!?!! NEVER again, unless they refund me my $$$ will I ever go through them again.

infocrazy
12-09-2014, 01:07 PM

Same. I ordered on the 24th and they shipped out on the 25th. I got them 12/1 but that included Thanksgiving.

I had an issue with them--picture got cut off, and their customer service was great! They reactivated my groupon, walked me through the editing to fix it and even upgraded my shipping. I re-ordered 12/5 and they sent them out 12/6. I should get them today.

Takes FOREVER to get someone. ~20m+ but once you do, I was pleased with their Customer Service.

calv
12-09-2014, 01:16 PM
Same. I ordered on the 24th and they shipped out on the 25th. I got them 12/1 but that included Thanksgiving.

I had an issue with them--picture got cut off, and their customer service was great! They reactivated my groupon, walked me through the editing to fix it and even upgraded my shipping. I re-ordered 12/5 and they sent them out 12/6. I should get them today.

Takes FOREVER to get someone. ~20m+ but once you do, I was pleased with their Customer Service.

how many cards did you guys order? they've shut their phones off and can't answer them. I waited over an hour and finally got someone but they still don't know what/where the status of my cards are. not happy. ugggh

infocrazy
12-09-2014, 01:26 PM
Wow! I ordered 110. I did try to do the email but I didn't get an auto response, so I called to make sure they received it.

I didn't choose an option, I just waited for the next available person...

oneplustwo
12-09-2014, 02:36 PM
Shutterfly has a promo now for 40% off holiday cards, good till Thursday:

Code: OURFAVS Offer ends Thursday

oneplustwo
12-09-2014, 02:40 PM
I got my Tiny Prints order yesterday. I was disappointed in how the photos came out ~ the colors are off and the photos aren't crisp/clear; they almost look pixelated, if that makes sense. The photos didn't look like that on my camera, on my computer, on the card when I put it together online. I just did an online chat about returning them. DH and I had decided we needed more cards, so I placed an order two days ago for some additional cards from Tiny Prints with mostly the same pictures. We'll see how those come out. Fingers crossed!

ckso
12-09-2014, 05:26 PM
I just picked up my Staples order and am very pleased. Their website is very limited on allowing any type of customization but the price can't be beat. And so much better than the photo paper ones

AngB
12-09-2014, 05:42 PM
My picaboo order arrived today, early! Turned out great, thankfully.

Sopamanda
12-09-2014, 08:52 PM
Staples deal is on groupon again. I'll leave link out, don't want to miff anyone off. Looks like folks have been pleased with quality. 50 for $10 and there's a 20% code today. Good price!

liz
12-09-2014, 11:44 PM
Staples deal is on groupon again. I'll leave link out, don't want to miff anyone off. Looks like folks have been pleased with quality. 50 for $10 and there's a 20% code today. Good price!

Great timing, I am so behind on ordering cards. The 20% code wouldn't work for me, but still a great deal.

jennilynn
12-10-2014, 12:36 AM
Great timing, I am so behind on ordering cards. The 20% code wouldn't work for me, but still a great deal.

And Staples was super fast. Mine were ready in an hour!

mjmamma
12-10-2014, 07:28 AM
I only received 2/3 of my Zazzle cards which took almost two weeks to come. I'm going to call Groupon for a refund, such a hassle.

liz
12-10-2014, 09:37 PM
So I just placed my order with Staples (using the Groupon). I really liked the process. I was looking for options with the kids' pictures on the front and one of us as a family on the back. I found about four styles that I liked. I was also able to add text to the front and back. While there wasn't a huge selection of styles to choose from, I have to say that only having a few choices actually helped me to focus and get my cards done!

DH is super happy we aren't going to schlep the kids to Target to get holiday photos and the stress that comes with it. Thanks to all for info on the Staples Groupon!

FYI, I get my address labels printed from Staples. TONS of great styles (holiday etc) and printed in less than an hour for $10 (220 count).

smiles33
12-11-2014, 12:31 PM
Ugh! I just went to stamp and address my cards from Zazzle and realized they sent me envelopes that are HUGE (way bigger than necessary for the 5x7 cards) and they require additional postage! Does anyone know how much more postage? Does it make more sense to just buy new envelopes? This is super annoying.

Twoboos
12-11-2014, 03:48 PM
Just a note to check with your Staples before you go pick up, apparently they are flexible with the "ready in one business day" thing. I placed an order Tues night, figured I'd give them Wed, went in today and they hadn't even started printing yet! Allegedly they get backlogged b/c they are not 24hr and don't print overnight. Hmmm. She said maybe late today or tomorrow, but they would call when ready.

bigsis
12-14-2014, 01:16 AM
I love you, jgenie! I'm under the gun here and CS is not open on weekends. Thank you for this info! I actually finished and ordered it. I hope to get it soon in time to mail out. This is the latest I'm sending out Christmas cards. :bag

KpbS
12-14-2014, 02:15 AM
I LOVE how my Staples cards turned out! Fantastic!

citymama
12-14-2014, 04:49 AM
I just ordered with Shutterfly and am bummed I missed the code that expired Thursday. I got 30% off since I spent under $100, and I'm hoping the cards won't arrive too late. Played around with Staples card options but really liked our Shutterfly design so sprung for a bit more.

jgenie
12-14-2014, 07:52 AM
I love you, jgenie! I'm under the gun here and CS is not open on weekends. Thank you for this info! I actually finished and ordered it. I hope to get it soon in time to mail out. This is the latest I'm sending out Christmas cards. :bag

Yeah!! I'm glad it helped. I was so frustrated when I was working on mine. My cards came out nice but I think I'm going back to Shutterfly next year.

Pbl427
12-15-2014, 02:28 AM
Thanks for the tips on Staples with the Groupon. I found a style that really worked for us so I just ordered! This is probably a stupid question, but I can't seem to find an answer. Do the cards from with envelopes or are they separate?

TIA!

carolinacool
12-15-2014, 02:29 AM
Thanks for the tips on Staples with the Groupon. I found a style that really worked for us so I just ordered! This is probably a stupid question, but I can't seem to find an answer. Do the cards from with envelopes or are they separate?

TIA!

They come with envelopes, although they are a tad on the thin side.

Blakes Mommy
12-15-2014, 03:20 PM
For those of you that did the Staples cards, did you use the auto correct for color or just leave it as is? I am afraid after hearing about cards coming out dark ,but, on the other hand don't want my cards to look too bright or washed out. Trying to finish today, way behind since everyone was sick at my house last week! I ordered the groupon before Thanksgiving!!! Any feedback would be great! I know some of you were really happy a couple not so much.

Update: I ordered anyway and didn't use the auto correct since my picture looked okay and didn't want to chance it.

You may want to call before you order if you haven't already. I have 3 stores less than 10 miles from me and the first one I called (usually not busy) said they could probably get them done in 24 hours but they were backed up. The second store said maybe later this week they are out of a lot of stuff and that they had a free 25 card promo that set them back because people were ordering those plus the other orders! Last store I called which ironically is usually very busy said they may be able to get them done tonight, so I ordered from them. I figured if they get done tonight great but, if not I rather get them in the morning and get some sent out.

I just looked at our mail and got a card from someone who I am pretty sure used Staples in another state and the cards do look a bit dark! Their background was dark and the card I picked has a white background, our picture is not a bright outside picture though so crossing my fingers!!!

Blakes Mommy
12-15-2014, 10:19 PM
Update: I ordered anyway and didn't use the auto correct since my picture looked okay and didn't want to chance it.

Picked up my Staples order this evening and it only took them 2 1/2 hours! All fears aside the cards look great! Just wanted to update in case some people are still working on theirs. I picked matte and a light card. I am wondering though for future if the dark cards come out dark including the picture.

beth239
12-16-2014, 01:07 AM

Picked up my Staples order this evening and it only took them 2 1/2 hours! All fears aside the cards look great! Just wanted to update in case some people are still working on theirs. I picked matte and a light card. I am wondering though for future if the dark cards come out dark including the picture.

I also did the staples deal and picked a black background. My cards did not come out dark. The pictures look just like it did on the camera. I am very happy with the cards and especially the savings over what I normally pay.

Pinky
12-16-2014, 09:01 AM
I also did the staples deal and picked a black background. My cards did not come out dark. The pictures look just like it did on the camera. I am very happy with the cards and especially the savings over what I normally pay.

My sister's cards from staples turned out really well to!

Blakes Mommy
12-16-2014, 09:17 AM

Good to know! Thanks...I was nervous and I usually pick a darker or more colorful background but for the picture I chose this year ours worked out better, plus it's nice to change your style.

zukeypur
12-16-2014, 09:20 AM
I ordered from staples yesterday morning because I am going to be in the same neighborhood this morning. Did you guys get a confirmation email when they were finished? I am getting a bit nervous because the staples store is about 25 miles from my house. I can't hang around in the neighborhood because i have to get DD back to school for afternoon finals.

Twoboos
12-16-2014, 09:25 AM
I ordered from staples yesterday morning because I am going to be in the same neighborhood this morning. Did you guys get a confirmation email when they were finished? I am getting a bit nervous because the staples store is about 25 miles from my house. I can't hang around in the neighborhood because i have to get DD back to school for afternoon finals.

Definitely call them!! I got no confirmation when they were done - email phone text - nothing. And they were NOT one business day. More like 2.5.

carolinacool
12-16-2014, 11:21 AM
Yes, call! I did mine late Friday night. The "next day" thing technically applies if you order by 4 p.m. I figured mine wouldn't be ready until Sunday, but when I got there at 2 p.m., I was told they were behind, they ran out of supplies, someone should have called me, blah blah blah. She said they would be ready by closing time at 6 p.m. I got a call around 5, but that may have been because I actually went in and and asked about them. I did get an email, but I think that came later.

Cross posting about my results:

I'm really happy with my cards! It took a while for me to find a design that I liked, but in the end it worked really well with our pictures. And a few of the cards have rough edges from being cut, but since I don't send out all 50, that's OK. All in all, I'm very happy for $10. And I prefer them over the Costco cards. Besides being photo paper, the Costco cards are a weird, floppy size.

zukeypur
12-16-2014, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the advice to call. I called them when they opened this morning and they were nice enough to push my order to the front. They told me it would be done in an hour, which was perfect timing as DD was getting out of her dr. appt at that same time. For $5, they're pretty awesome.