PDA

View Full Version : Will Target take this back?

TwoBees
11-07-2014, 04:06 PM
I bought a large pack of the Halloween-shaped pretzel snack bags as a backup for Halloween, and never opened it. Will Target take it back with a receipt? Is it considered "seasonal"?

ckso
11-07-2014, 05:40 PM
It definitely seasonal and they just did their 90% off clearance. Depending on how long ago you bought it, they might take it back. But I've also been turned away before when it comes to seasonal treats and I have been offered refund only their current clearance price.

ang79
11-07-2014, 05:48 PM
Probably depends on the store associate you get. I bought a costume on Sunday at 50% off and returned it on Tuesday at a different store, where the costumes were marked down 70%. I had my original receipt and they put the price I paid back on my Redcard. I thought they might only give me back the current clearance price.

roobee
11-07-2014, 05:59 PM
If you're returning food it will be thrown out. Items with seasonal return restrictions usually have the return by date printed directly under the item on the receipt.

Green_Tea
11-07-2014, 06:07 PM
I would donate it to your child's school for kids that forget a snack, or stick it in the teacher's lounge. I don't think you'll get anything back for it.

indigo99
11-07-2014, 06:52 PM
Unless the receipt says something specific, I've never had trouble returning seasonal things at Target.

Seitvonzu
11-07-2014, 08:25 PM
i also have not had trouble returning seasonal things if i had a receipt. as long as it's in the window on the receipt (and the receipt doesn't say anything about a special return date) you should be golden.

elbenn
11-07-2014, 09:06 PM
It's a food return so it will be thrown out--it would be better to donate it.

Pear
11-07-2014, 09:58 PM
I wouldn't be comfortable returning them since they will be thrown out. I would just use them for snacks and such until you use them up.

Twin Mom
11-07-2014, 11:08 PM
i also have not had trouble returning seasonal things if i had a receipt. as long as it's in the window on the receipt (and the receipt doesn't say anything about a special return date) you should be golden.

:yeahthat: If I return something and get my money back, it is not in my control if Target throws out the food that is returned.