PDA

View Full Version : What are you hoping to score deals on for the holidays?

lauren3110
11-09-2014, 03:58 PM
I need bluetooth speaker for hubby
Mini trampoline w handle for dds
Chicco infant seat and a crib for baby #3 due in April
Radian convertible booster or other narrow seat for oldest dd
Hoping the Alex art portfolios are cheap again this year
Calico critters
The big disney storybooks
Alex button art

I'm actually pretty much done with my toy list from deals along the way but I'm sure once the Amazon thread starts I will find something else ;)

brittone2
11-09-2014, 05:25 PM
Magnatiles for my nephews

Ms B
11-09-2014, 06:59 PM
Ugg Coquettes for me

A nice bathrobe for me (Does J.Jill still do those nice light jersey ones?)

A used train table (preferably with trains) from CL or a resale store for The Biscuit

Imaginext City accessories for The Biscuit

Evenflo Maestro for travel next spring for The Biscuit

A screaming deal on a Kindle so that we do not have to share at home

Surface Pro 3 to come out with Windows 9 on it so that my IT manager at work can replace my decrepit laptop with something that WORKS and does not weigh six pounds plus case

Still need ideas for DH . . . Maybe a new leather wine bag to replace one that was stolen.

A good deal on a Baltic cruise for my parents' 50th anniversary next year (to split cost with DB).

A gift card deal for DB and the probable future SIL and gift card deals for my assistant and paralegal

ourbabygirl
11-09-2014, 07:03 PM
*It would be awesome to find a good deal on a zoom lens for our Canon digital camera.
*We also need a crib mattress for baby #3.
*I would also like to find a deal on those Disney storybooks, like last year... can't remember if we got them from Amazon or Walmart for like $5? Costco has the newest Christmas one (and some others) for $10, but I believe most of the stories are repeats from the previous Christmas version (though there is a Frozen story and some others). I like giving them as part of the kids' friends' bday gifts (pretty good 'bang for the buck' :))
*I got some Fiesta ware for myself last year on sale at Macy's, but they didn't have all the colors I want, so it would be cool to fill in with a few extras (and replace a few mugs that were broken in the past year).
*I'd like to get a nice trench coat for DH... not sure where to check, other than Macy's, Men's Wearhouse, maybe Banana Republic & Nordstrom?
*Qwirkle game
*The kids are pretty good on toys & gifts, I think I'm going to do more experience gifts for them this year, & coupon books for things like a late bedtime, extra stories, no chores for the night, etc. I just ordered an Entertainment/ Happenings book, so I hope to use some of the coupons for events out of that. :)
*A bookshelf where the books face out, like they have in a lot of preschool & elementary classrooms, to use for our library books. I haven't been able to find any nice ones on CL, so I'll probably get one from Amazon for ~$75 unless I can find a better deal.

KrisM
11-09-2014, 08:29 PM
Nintendo 3DS XL for both DS2 and DD. Best I've come up with is Meijer on Thanksgiving morning for $160 after a coupon. Includes a game.

Nintendo Wii U to share. Best so far is Meijer on BF for $250 after a coupon.

Legos
DS games
Wii U games

lauren3110
11-09-2014, 08:52 PM
Some people are finding awesome deals on magnatiles clearanced out at target. Also there are some stacking codes for creative KidStuff making a decent deal on some of the magnatiles sets.

Yes last year I got the $5 disney books from both Amazon and Walmart. Hoping to get some more this year.

jennilynn
11-09-2014, 10:31 PM
Wii Mini...haven't seen it any less than $100

brittone2
11-09-2014, 10:40 PM
Some people are finding awesome deals on magnatiles clearanced out at target. Also there are some stacking codes for creative KidStuff making a decent deal on some of the magnatiles sets.

Yes last year I got the $5 disney books from both Amazon and Walmart. Hoping to get some more this year.

Thank you. I don't know if it is the code you referenced, but I couldn't apply the 25% off code I found for creativekidstuff. I haven't found any other codes that work on magnatiles.

I'm sure I'll be able to get a deal from somewhere; just trying to be patient and save myself 20 bucks or so :) I am hoping for roughly $1 per tile.

Staraglimmer
11-10-2014, 12:37 AM
An electric scooter
American Girl Doll
Clarisonic Mia Heads
Disney Princess nightgowns

KrisM
11-10-2014, 10:58 AM
Toys r us has it for $100 and it includes Mario Kart. Does that help enough to get a game included?

egoldber
11-10-2014, 11:07 AM
Nintendo 3DS XL for both DS2 and DD. Best I've come up with is Meijer on Thanksgiving morning for $160 after a coupon. Includes a game.

I'm also looking for this. No Meijer here though.

jennilynn
11-10-2014, 11:26 AM
Toys r us has it for $100 and it includes Mario Kart. Does that help enough to get a game included?

Target has it for the same (also with Mario Kart) and I get an extra % off there. Just waiting for the Black Friday ads to see if it gets any better!

Ms B
11-10-2014, 11:31 AM
Just waiting for the Black Friday ads to see if it gets any better!

There is a good article in the Marketplace section of the Wall Street Journal today about when the best pricing really happens . . . their numbers from last year showed the Sunday before Thanksgiving as having the biggest price drops.

lauren3110
11-10-2014, 12:02 PM
Looks like the other codes don't stack anymore, but the 25off1 code for creative kidstuff still works. It makes the 100 pc set 94.xx including shipping. Free shipping over $99 if you have another item to add. I haven't looked to see if the coupon makes for other good deals on other toys.

Gracemom
11-10-2014, 12:23 PM
Go Pro camera.

KrystalS
11-10-2014, 12:38 PM
American Girl Doll
Octonauts toys
Trampoline
Wii U games
North Face hoodies
Fisher Price smart stages chair
Fisher Price 3-in-1 elephant

Mommaof3
11-10-2014, 01:12 PM
Ipad Mini
Leap Pad 3
Chi flat iron

logan's mom
11-10-2014, 01:50 PM

The Target black Friday ad is out and they will have a Little Tikes one on sale. It looks like they are also offering some ideas at BF prices today only- order and pick up in store.

Early Access Sale: http://www.target.com/c/preview-sale-ways-to-shop/-/N-57a8u?ref=tgt_email_RA411100&emseq=40689851

BF ad: http://weeklyad.target.com/site/#/summerville-sc-29483/page/Target-141110PRE

melrose7
11-10-2014, 02:21 PM
Looking for Leapfrog Leap TV. Target has the games on sale right now for 25% and I am debating about buying them now. Waiting for a deal on the console though. Wish there were more reviews out for it though.

brittone2
11-10-2014, 02:53 PM
Looks like the other codes don't stack anymore, but the 25off1 code for creative kidstuff still works. It makes the 100 pc set 94.xx including shipping. Free shipping over $99 if you have another item to add. I haven't looked to see if the coupon makes for other good deals on other toys.

Thank you! I was using a different code I found online for 25 off and it wasn't working, but this code did. Yay! Thank you :) 95.xx shipped :)

cookiemonster80
11-10-2014, 04:04 PM
Some sort of train table and pieces with storage- Craigslist seems to have them priced the same as new around here.

azzeps
11-11-2014, 12:36 AM
Ugh, you guys, I don't even have a clue!!! I picked up some MagnaTiles at Target, but that's it! I really don't know what the kids will want this year. Maybe that's a hint that they really don't need anything!!!

We were building a Duplo train layout today, and DS and I were wishing for a bridge and more track, so we can build "really, really epic layouts" - the deluxe set comes with a bridge and more track, and it's $109 on Lego.com, which is better than Amazon, so I guess if somewhere had a deal on that, I'd get it. Oh, and I'd love to get the Lego women scientists for DD, so I guess there's that, too. There, two things!

AnnieW625
11-11-2014, 01:37 AM
Either a Wii Mini or a Wii U. I haven't decided if we really need the Internet connection or not.

My brother who writes a video game blog said the Wii Mini is $99 at Target, and Best Buy.

ECMom
11-11-2014, 02:15 PM
Dell Laptop
Kinetic Sand
Spirograph
Barbie Dreamhouse
G-Shock watch

jrsygirl
11-12-2014, 12:24 PM
I am in search of the best deal on the XboxOne with the Kinect bundle..
That and probably some games to go woth it
and some Legos.

AnnieW625
11-12-2014, 12:30 PM
Nintendo Wii U to share. Best so far is Meijer on BF for $250.....

Kris, is that in store only or online?

Dream
11-12-2014, 01:13 PM

Do you know what the code is?

KrisM
11-12-2014, 01:22 PM
Kris, is that in store only or online?

In store. They used to sell online, but don't any more. Wish they did!

brittone2
11-12-2014, 01:37 PM
Enameled cast iron dutch oven, not Le Creuset. I love mine from Costco but haven't seen them there in a long time...maybe they'll come back before the holiday. Lodge or Tramontina would probably work too.

ourbabygirl
11-12-2014, 01:48 PM
Not sure if you have an Aldi near you, brittone2, but if so, they're supposed to have dutch ovens for $29.99 starting Sunday. I'm pretty sure they come in cream and kind of a reddish color.

brittone2
11-12-2014, 01:52 PM
I will check those out. I have been really, really happy with my costco one, and I wish they'd bring them back out. I have an Aldi about 10 mins away so will swing in to look :) Thanks for the heads up.

sayma
11-12-2014, 01:55 PM
Keurig-really want one for me:)
AG replicas (Target brand)-or is there a better version elsewhere (that is not AG)?
mini Ipad

Melaine
11-12-2014, 02:52 PM
I will check those out. I have been really, really happy with my costco one, and I wish they'd bring them back out. I have an Aldi about 10 mins away so will swing in to look :) Thanks for the heads up.

i love mine from Costco also. As much as my LC. Our Sam's usually has a good deal on Tramontina one...have you checked there?

Dream
11-12-2014, 03:04 PM
I'm hoping for a deal on a laptop and the Kinds Kindle in a 7".

brittone2
11-12-2014, 05:21 PM
i love mine from Costco also. As much as my LC. Our Sam's usually has a good deal on Tramontina one...have you checked there?
We are not Sam's members and don't have one close by. We have several costcos and BJs, but Sam's is a pretty long haul.

Thanks for the suggestion though! I think last year on BF there were deals at walmart on the Tramontina. We usually avoid WM but I l know the Tramontina items tend to get good feedback.

lauren3110
11-13-2014, 09:34 AM
looks like walmart will have the disney storybooks for $6 for bf. Hope amazon runs the same price :)

elbenn
11-13-2014, 10:32 AM
Either a Wii Mini or a Wii U. I haven't decided if we really need the Internet connection or not.

Annie, I was trying to decide between these two systems last year. I started a thread about it and everyone encouraged me to get the Wii U. Apparently the graphics on the Wii Mini are not nearly as good as the graphics on the Wii U. Also, the Wii U has a lot more games and still plays all the Wii games. I'm definitely glad I got the Wii U.

elbenn
11-13-2014, 10:54 AM
I'm looking for a few items:

Grimlock
Traxxis remote control car
Sonicare kids toothbrush

JElaineB
11-13-2014, 11:47 AM
ipad mini 3 64 gb

oneplustwo
11-13-2014, 11:52 AM
I need TWO iPod Touches (twins!). Am hoping to find the 5th gen 16GB that has the rear camera at a discount somewhere . . .

bcafe
11-13-2014, 12:07 PM
I need TWO iPod Touches (twins!). Am hoping to find the 5th gen 16GB that has the rear camera at a discount somewhere . . .

I had great luck with refurbished ipods on the apple site. Great prices when we purchased ours last year.

oneplustwo
11-13-2014, 12:13 PM
I had great luck with refurbished ipods on the apple site. Great prices when we purchased ours last year.

Thanks; I've been stalking Apple's refurb site for a while but still no luck.

bcafe
11-13-2014, 01:34 PM
Here you go
http://store.apple.com/us/product/FE643LL/A/refurbished-ipod-touch-16gb-black-silver-5th-generation

oneplustwo
11-13-2014, 01:41 PM
Here you go
http://store.apple.com/us/product/FE643LL/A/refurbished-ipod-touch-16gb-black-silver-5th-generation

Thanks, but that's the one that does NOT have the rear camera. That one keeps popping up on Apple's refurb site on and off, but I haven't seen the one with the rear camera yet at 16GB. The 32GB yes, and the 16GB without rear camera, but not the 16GB with rear camera.

bcafe
11-13-2014, 02:14 PM
Oh, I guess I missed that fact! I assumed all the newer gens had cameras. We bought the 4th gen last year and it has the rear camera.

lisa928
11-13-2014, 04:25 PM
I just brought two last week for my twins and went with the refurbished 32GB as they have both cameras. I looked a few times for the 16GB hit or miss if you find ones with both cameras. About $50 more each, but more memory and guarantee of both cameras. I went though Discover's website for 5% back.

lauren3110
11-13-2014, 05:54 PM
Do you know what the code is?

Code was 25off1

liz
11-14-2014, 08:31 AM
Was hoping to see the iPad trade in that Target had last year
Paperwhite Kindle
Smartwool socks
ideas for DH! He's getting more Contigo coffee mugs, but that's all I have right now

azazela
11-15-2014, 08:53 AM
Hubby just announced that he'd like to get us a Playstation 4 as a family gift for Hanukkah. We'll use it as a blu-ray player and to watch Amazon instant video stuff as well as for games. Now I need to start looking for deals. Any ideas?

Ms B
11-15-2014, 12:45 PM
I need bluetooth speaker for hubby
Chicco infant seat and a crib for baby #3 due in April
Radian convertible booster or other narrow seat for oldest dd
Hoping the Alex art portfolios are cheap again this year
Calico critters
The big disney storybooks
Alex button art

I'm actually pretty much done with my toy list from deals along the way but I'm sure once the Amazon thread starts I will find something else ;)
Diggin mini-trampoline is on lightning deal on Amazon right now - $44.23.

kissmekate
11-15-2014, 12:54 PM
Fuji Instax camera. My daughter wants one so bad, but I need a deal!

lauren3110
11-15-2014, 02:31 PM
Does anyone have feedback on the fitfun trampoline That is in the TRU bf ad? It only has 1 review on the website. Also anyone have the diggin one on LD today?

AngB
11-15-2014, 04:28 PM
Rody for DS2.

I have even been keeping an eye on CL for a used one as I'd rather not pay $50 for it not being sure how much he will like it, but so far, nothing.

Leapreader, Learning Resources cash register for DS1.

Pennylane
11-15-2014, 05:23 PM
Beat headphones ( looks like Target might have the best deal so far) , IPad minis and possibly the Razor Moped for my dd.

Ann

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keh602
11-15-2014, 05:49 PM
Rody for DS2.

I have even been keeping an eye on CL for a used one as I'd rather not pay $50 for it not being sure how much he will like it, but so far, nothing.

Leapreader, Learning Resources cash register for DS1.

Toys 'R Us carried a knock-off Rody that is $19.99 on their site right now. The reviews are mixed, but it might be worth a shot. They have both a horse and a dragon. I've seen them in-store, and there's an in-store 15% off coupon this weekend.

Simon
11-15-2014, 06:18 PM
Toys 'R Us carried a knock-off Rody that is $19.99 on their site right now. The reviews are mixed, but it might be worth a shot. They have both a horse and a dragon. I've seen them in-store, and there's an in-store 15% off coupon this weekend.

We have a TRU knockoff Rody from last Dec. and it has held up very well to a year of use/abuse by our 3 boys and friends. They aren't usually overly hard on toys but the 8yo has been on it plenty, its been thrown down the stairs, etc. Our friends have a brand name Rody and I don't think the quality of the TRU one is lacking in comparison.

keh602
11-15-2014, 06:27 PM
We have a TRU knockoff Rody from last Dec. and it has held up very well to a year of use/abuse by our 3 boys and friends. They aren't usually overly hard on toys but the 8yo has been on it plenty, its been thrown down the stairs, etc. Our friends have a brand name Rody and I don't think the quality of the TRU one is lacking in comparison.

Good to know! I will remember that for future gift-giving purposes. I thought we'd bought one for someone, but I cannot for the life of me figure out for whom.

AngB
11-15-2014, 06:31 PM

Thanks, good to know! Amazon has some knockoffs for about $20 but they don't have great reviews so I was leery of the knock offs but may give this one a try, at least I could return/exchange it easily enough if it breaks quickly.

ourbabygirl
11-15-2014, 10:17 PM
Check Amazon for the Learning Resources Pretend & Play Calculator Cash Register; it's still on a big sale ($19.99), 50% off and the lowest I've seen recently.

Kestrel
11-15-2014, 11:01 PM
Need bulk-pack Lego deal - not sets, just the packs of blocks (not used)
Some kind of cooking items for not quite 6 yo boy, for real food use
Something brilliant for two adult women, who have everything, and both have way more money than I do.
A Jake and the never land pirates ship???

AngB
11-16-2014, 12:06 AM
Check Amazon for the Learning Resources Pretend & Play Calculator Cash Register; it's still on a big sale ($19.99), 50% off and the lowest I've seen recently.

Thanks! I am eyeing the nicer version (right now 35.99) that scans and has a scale. http://www.amazon.com/Learning-Resources-Teaching-Cash-Register/dp/B0009O1J0C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1416110429&sr=8-2&keywords=learning+resources+register I would like to get it for closer to 30 but I may delegate this to grandparents or great grandparents b/c it is still in the right range. My mom is starting to love my Amazon prime.

crunchy
11-16-2014, 02:18 AM
A soundbar for dh
bounce house for the family
mindstorms if I can find a decent deal (but I say that every year.)
electric scooter

I don't even know yet what to get dds.

flygirl555
11-16-2014, 07:24 AM
Was hoping to see the iPad trade in that Target had last year
Paperwhite Kindle
Smartwool socks
ideas for DH! He's getting more Contigo coffee mugs, but that's all I have right now

For the Smartwool socks, keep an eye on Sierra Trading Post (and register for their coupons / email alerts). If you order through their app, sometimes shipping is free too!

lauren3110
11-16-2014, 08:24 AM
Something brilliant for two adult women, who have everything, and both have way more money than I do.

Walmart has the legos in their bf ad - big bucket for $30. I think I got the small buckets of them last year online during the bf sale.

KrystalS
11-16-2014, 11:07 AM
Walmart has the legos in their bf ad - big bucket for $30. I think I got the small buckets of them last year online during the bf sale.

Yes last year Walmart put the Lego buckets online Thanksgiving morning. They sold out fast.

liz
11-16-2014, 01:34 PM
For the Smartwool socks, keep an eye on Sierra Trading Post (and register for their coupons / email alerts). If you order through their app, sometimes shipping is free too!

Thanks, I will sign up for emails :). Right now, REI has a sale on smartwool socks plus free shipping.

94bruin
11-16-2014, 01:48 PM
Ugg boots for DD1

Ms B
11-16-2014, 05:14 PM

I cannot find it now, but there was a recent thread about this Kuhn-Rikon kid's utility knife:

http://www.amazon.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Kinderkitchen-Knife-Teeth/dp/B001UK3FC4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416170383&sr=8-1&keywords=kuhn+rikon+children%27s+knife

This website has all kinds of tools for a cooking kid:

http://curiouschef.com/

If he really is serious, I would just go to Homegoods and get a good set of measuring spoons and bowls or a couple utensils and a small frying pan, along with a kid's cookbook.

jennilynn
11-16-2014, 07:29 PM
I'm hoping 100 percent pure has Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals like last year. I think there were six items for $10 each or something.

AngB
11-16-2014, 10:57 PM

I'm not sure if this is close enough but they have a Jake and the Pirates set lightning deal tomorrow (with a thing that looks like a ship to me but is actually a wagon). Last year they had them at Costco about this time too though I haven't seen it this year.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BQYR0KC/ref=gb1h_img_c-2_7622_a4cd850b?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=07B2HT6NZCBGBRDF2R2Y&pf_rd_i=384082011&pf_rd_p=1959117622

KrystalS
11-16-2014, 11:10 PM
Several Octonaut sets on lightning deals tomorrow starting at 9am central. These are all on DS's list so I'm hoping for some good prices!

Momof3Labs
11-17-2014, 01:13 AM
Thanks, I will sign up for emails :). Right now, REI has a sale on smartwool socks plus free shipping.

I have also found smartwool socks at Nordstrom Rack for good prices.

brittone2
11-17-2014, 08:47 AM
I have also found smartwool socks at Nordstrom Rack for good prices.

It is so good to see you!!! I had to log in just to say hi :)

Momof3Labs
11-17-2014, 12:29 PM
It is so good to see you!!! I had to log in just to say hi :)

Thank you!! :kisscheek:

jam224
11-20-2014, 06:53 AM
Thanks! I am eyeing the nicer version (right now 35.99) that scans and has a scale. http://www.amazon.com/Learning-Resources-Teaching-Cash-Register/dp/B0009O1J0C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1416110429&sr=8-2&keywords=learning+resources+register I would like to get it for closer to 30 but I may delegate this to grandparents or great grandparents b/c it is still in the right range. My mom is starting to love my Amazon prime.

This is on sale today! Learning Resources is the Deal of the Day, so this cash register is $27.50!

Mommy_Mea
11-20-2014, 08:54 AM
I want to get my nephew the Haba Geomix puzzle. He loves puzzles, and this has been a favorite of my boys. But at $50 it is way above my budget :( Two years ago I was able to get it from Yoyo.com for ~$35 with the 30% off code, but I don't see that available anymore... Thanks!!

AngB
11-20-2014, 09:21 AM
This is on sale today! Learning Resources is the Deal of the Day, so this cash register is $27.50!
Awesome!! Thank you!

corrie23
11-20-2014, 10:49 PM
A light table...after all the years of seeing deals on these and passing them up, my son has fallen in love with the light table at preschool. He would love one!

nabigus
11-21-2014, 01:35 PM
I'm looking for a miraculously cheap LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon. Anyone had luck finding one on sale in the past?

oneplustwo
11-21-2014, 05:02 PM
I'm looking for a miraculously cheap LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon. Anyone had luck finding one on sale in the past?

I haven't seen it on sale yet, but I have my eyes out for it too, although it's not a must-buy gift.

Kestrel
11-22-2014, 07:54 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Ms B !

I'm so glad I asked! Re: cooking items for kids. I got a great choice at Curious Chef. I was stuck on the Disney set at Disney.com, but it was just so.... pink! This is so much better! Why do they assume that kids who like to cook are always girls? DS will be thrilled with his gift.

abstonka
11-22-2014, 11:28 PM
Skylanders Trap Team Dark Edition for Xbox 360 price is holding steady at $99. Most people seem interested in the regular starter pack.
American Girl stuff for DD
Sew Cool sewing machine
DohVinci supplies
Disney Infinity Marvel 2.0 for Xbo 360
Plants vs Zombies stuffies for DS
Cheap headphones for DH

And I want an Instant Pot!

sunnyside
11-22-2014, 11:38 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Ms B !

I'm so glad I asked! Re: cooking items for kids. I got a great choice at Curious Chef. I was stuck on the Disney set at Disney.com, but it was just so.... pink! This is so much better! Why do they assume that kids who like to cook are always girls? DS will be thrilled with his gift.

I didn't read this whole thread but for children who like cooking, I highly recommend the Raddish Kids subscription box.

jenstring95
11-23-2014, 03:14 PM

I Got it last Christmas for <$80 IIRC, but that was because the price dropped to ~$100 on Target's website (price matched it in the store) and I had one of those 20% coupons that they gave out for BF shopping. I also had one of those 5% coupons that you get from their prescription program and had the 5% discount from my red card. I see that it is OOS on target.com, but keep checking because if it comes back in stock the price is likely to fluctuate quite a bit.

jgenie
11-23-2014, 04:58 PM
I'm looking for a deal on a new iPad. I want to buy it online from a B&M store. Anyone know the best deal out there? TIA

I'm also looking for a bounce house for our basement. Anyone seen any deals? TIA