PDA

View Full Version : TOMS DesertWedge

vtmom
11-13-2014, 02:52 PM
Does anyone have these? I just got the TOMS catalog and am thinking these might be a good addition this winter but am not sure how they run as I have never worn TOMS before. I'd love to hear from anyone who has them about the fit, comfort, etc. I am a SAHM with some in school and some at home so we are on the go all day long and I need my shoes to be comfortable so I can keep up with the kids!

barkley1
11-14-2014, 11:08 AM
I have them and LOVE them. I get tons of compliments every time I wear them. They are comfy, but I do not to wear them a ton, b/c they are suede, and I'm afraid of ruining them. I got them for Christmas last year; typically i wouldn't spend that much on shoes, so I tend to save them for special occasions/outfits - maybe a few times a month? so, I can't really speak to all day long comfort.

mnj77
11-14-2014, 12:36 PM
I have the cheetah print and wear them all the time! They're cute with cuffed jeans or leggings. The wedge isn't too high and I find them comfy to wear all day at work. I sprayed them with suede spray and haven't worried too much about it.

vtmom
11-14-2014, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I am debating between the Herringbone and Gray Suede. I really like the gray suede but am worried I won't get much use out of them because we have snow on the ground from now until late April and I know I won't want to ruin them. Good to hear that the suede spray is helping to keep them looking nice!

LLongVA
11-14-2014, 03:12 PM
I have the Herringbone! They are really cute and super comfortable.

nomnom
11-15-2014, 01:06 PM
I got a pair after reading a thread on this forum last year. The grey suede are great and fairly comfortable. However, I did wear them in NYC for a full day where I walked blocks on end and my feet were throbbing by the end of the day. For a few hours here and there, they're great. If you're going to be walking all day, I personally didn't find them cushioned enough. Hth!

daisysmom
11-15-2014, 06:00 PM
I got a pair after reading a thread on this forum last year. The grey suede are great and fairly comfortable. However, I did wear them in NYC for a full day where I walked blocks on end and my feet were throbbing by the end of the day. For a few hours here and there, they're great. If you're going to be walking all day, I personally didn't find them cushioned enough. Hth!

Interesting -- I got them specifically to wear in NYC last March, after a woman was telling me about them as we were in Dick's sporting goods together buying lacrosse gear for our daughters. She raved about them, was wearing them, and I literally walked to the Nordies and bought them. I wore them for 5 days in NYC and really loved them. But... I probably wasn't truly on my feet walking all of the time b/c my daughter was recovering from pneumonia, so we did take the signtseeing a little easier than I had planned. But since then I have worn them a ton on my feet for a pretty eventful day and really liked them. I think they are the most comfortable of what I call my stylish shoes. Of course, running shoes are more comfortable.