PDA

View Full Version : Kick USA scooters 20% off through 12/1

pomegranate
11-14-2014, 08:15 PM
With code GIFTS.

www.microkickboard.com

DS is on his second scooter and loves it! DH and I are thinking of buying a couple for ourselves.

twowhat?
11-14-2014, 09:08 PM
Hmm, I want to get the girls 2-wheeled scooters (not the 3-wheeled) but the smallest 2-wheel says (Sprite) says ages 8 and up?? Can a younger child use the Sprite?

sewarsh
11-15-2014, 12:57 AM
My 2 older kids have the Mini Micro and we love them. Now thinking about upgrading daughter to the Micro Sprite. I truly believe the Mini Micro was worth the extra money, but does anyone have any advice on spending $80 for the Micro Sprite vs. just getting a $45 Razor Pro or other similar scooter for a lot less money? Thanks!

pomegranate
11-15-2014, 02:40 AM
DS had the mini micro to start and now he's 7 and has had his maxi micro for a couple of years. I can see him using this for several more years. He loves the 3-wheels. Even neighbor kids who have 2-wheeled Razors want to borrow his maxi micro. If I were to go 2-wheels, I think we'd just go for Razor but if be interested in what others have to say.

WatchingThemGrow
11-15-2014, 06:54 AM
My 2 older kids have the Mini Micro and we love them. Now thinking about upgrading daughter to the Micro Sprite. I truly believe the Mini Micro was worth the extra money, but does anyone have any advice on spending $80 for the Micro Sprite vs. just getting a $45 Razor Pro or other similar scooter for a lot less money? Thanks!
Maybe in a few weeks we'll have some comparison. DD(8) has a Maxi 3 wheel, and DS(7) just got a Razor A125 from Walmart with bigger wheels for his bday this week. He thinks he's zooming on it, but won't let anyone else try it. The razor feels cheaper to the touch, but time will tell how it holds up. I do want a scooter for me.

stinkyfeet
11-15-2014, 10:24 AM
With code GIFTS.

www.microkickboard.com

DS is on his second scooter and loves it! DH and I are thinking of buying a couple for ourselves.

You should get some for yourselves! DH has one, and the kids love that he is riding WITH them. It's also easier to keep up with them because it's faster than walking.

ourbabygirl
11-15-2014, 10:30 AM
My kids ( 4 & 6) have a mini and a maxi (have had them for about 2 years now), & love them, but I don't know if it's because DD has ridden hers so much, but it's gotten tippy and she's fallen forward to the ground a couple of times on it. I don't know if it's because the two wheels in front make it more top-(/front-)heavy, or what, but I'm wondering if I should look into one of the two-wheeled ones, or if that would be too unstable, as well. I'd also like to get one for myself or DH, as it would be fun to go scootering with them, but not sure how the adult versions are (any experience here?).

twowhat?
11-15-2014, 12:42 PM
OK so Amazon reviews are VERY positive, with at least a few mentioning that kids as young as 4 can use the Sprite and at least a couple mentioning how much nicer they are than the Razor...I'm tempted!

eta: OK I bit. I got 2 Micro Sprites. Free shipping, 20% off, NO TAX - $79.99 each and they should last until the girls are grown! And, DH and I can technically use them too:)

Thanks, OP!!! One thing off the Christmas list DONE!!!

twowhat?
11-20-2014, 06:05 PM
Bumping, got the Micro Sprites today and they are NICE. Never had a Razor to compare to, but it's clear these are quality scooters. DH and I test-drove them (the handlebar goes high enough and we're both within the weight limit) so I am off to order 2 more so we can scooter with the kids:)

Mamabear4
11-20-2014, 06:06 PM
Thank you! We ordered ours and they should be arriving next week!