PDA

View Full Version : Washing the pleione mixed media blouse?

niccig
11-15-2014, 01:18 AM
I bought the Pleione mixed media shirt and like it a lot. Washing instructions say hand wash...really?! Has anyone put it in delicates bag and in with rest of wash? I'll line dry.

twowhat?
11-15-2014, 01:21 AM
Heck, yeah! Toss in a lingerie bag, and then I throw it over the back of a parson's chair to dry. The hem needs a touch up with an iron because it doesn't dry completely wrinkle-free but the rest of it comes out great.

Love this shirt too, only wish it were longer so I could wear leggings instead of skinny jeans or ponte pants underneath!! Also wish it came in some cool prints!

brittone2
11-15-2014, 12:24 PM
I've washed on delicate, but usually hand wash. I hand wash a lot of my stuff though; it just seems to wear better long term for me. So I wait until I have quite a few items and do it all in one batch (merino wool, cashmere, silk shirts, things like the pleione blouse). I use the euclan no rinse stuff.

MommyofAmaya
11-15-2014, 09:16 PM
I've washed on delicate, but usually hand wash. I hand wash a lot of my stuff though; it just seems to wear better long term for me. So I wait until I have quite a few items and do it all in one batch (merino wool, cashmere, silk shirts, things like the pleione blouse). I use the euclan no rinse stuff.

I did not notice this shirt was hand wash only and I have washed it 3 or 4 times on delicate. I just noticed today that it has a hole in the front chest area. I was planning to take it back, but now I'm not sure I should. Hmmmm.

WatchingThemGrow
11-15-2014, 09:31 PM
Took mine back yesterday. Saw the hand wash instructions, PLUS I found a very similar one at the thrift shop. Actually, 2! I thought that my $2 and $3 shirts were good enough, so the $38 went back. Wish we could invent the perfect clothes that are made of hanna cotton, styled amazingly, were machine washable, and came in the exact colors we want.