PDA

View Full Version : I won a Canada Goose Parka! PLEASE help me pick a style/colour

Hemlock
11-15-2014, 12:35 PM
I won a Canada Goose Parka in a raffle at ladies' retreat that I recently attended! I can pick the style and color that I want. I'm thinking Kensington for the style, but I'm stuck on what colour to select I want a colour that I won't tire of quickly, so I was thinking black or navy. Is that too boring?

http://www.canada-goose.com/kensington-parka-2506L.html

barkley1
11-15-2014, 12:45 PM
If you think you'll wear it for a loooong time, I'd get black. I tend to get tired of coats, and they get all worn out looking, so since it's "free" I might lean towards a fun color.

twowhat?
11-15-2014, 12:54 PM
I vote Pacific Blue!!! Nice!!!

ourbabygirl
11-15-2014, 03:54 PM
Wow, super cool! Looks like a great coat, & I love that they have so many color choices!
I actually really like the red and redwood, followed by pacific blue, graphite, and then probably black, brown, or the navy. I'm afraid one of the light colors (white, etc.) would get really dirty/ dingy in the winter, and some of the other colors I would tire of more quickly. I also really like the army green (it looks good with my coloring), but in this particular style it could look a little too military/ masculine. :)

Enjoy your beautiful new coat! :boogie:

elbenn
11-15-2014, 04:06 PM
Love that coat! I think black would be a great choice, but I also really like the silverbirch.

specialp
11-15-2014, 04:21 PM
I vote redwood!

zukeypur
11-15-2014, 04:24 PM
If it were me, I would go with orange, gray, black, navy, and off-white.

Kindra178
11-15-2014, 09:49 PM
I would do black or gray. You will have this coat for a long time. Certain colors may look dated in a couple of years. Lovely choice and a great prize. Congrats!

TwinFoxes
11-15-2014, 10:15 PM
For some reason the color names are not showing up for me. But I love the very last color, the deep red.

Smillow
11-16-2014, 05:50 AM
I really like Arctic Dusk (purple)- it's dark, but fun. O also like Summit Pink, but wouldn't get it because it's too light.

ilfaith
11-16-2014, 04:23 PM
Love the style of this coat. My first choice would be the Redwood (dark red) as it's neutral (looks good with blues, blacks, greys, browns, etc) without being boring. I also really like the Silverbirch and Light Grey colors (which appear pretty similar on my monitor). I know light colored winter coats aren't the most practical, but I am always drawn to them (and have one myself...but as I live in Florida, my coat's don't get much wear). I think the Caribou looks like a beautiful shade of brown, if it's a good neutral for you. And the Summit Pink is my favorite of the "fun" colors (you'd be easy to spot in a crowd).

SnuggleBuggles
11-16-2014, 04:29 PM
I'd get the gray.

alexsmommy
11-16-2014, 08:41 PM
Grey, black or brown depending on your coloring. Great coat, will be a workhorse for a long time. I'd avoid risking it looking dated with a "fun" color. I save that for more "disposable" things. Awesome prize!

*myfoursons
11-16-2014, 09:15 PM
Ick, I don't think I could wear that. It has coyote fur on the hood!

Indianamom2
11-16-2014, 09:58 PM
I would do navy as the "safe" color and either ocean (my personal favorite) or pacific blue for something more fun.