PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with Boardwalk Inn?

elbenn
11-17-2014, 08:57 AM
We are thinking about going to DW with some other people and they have chosen Boardwalk Inn. Can anyone review this hotel and its location to things? I would prefer Animal Kingdom or the Polynesian because I think they are closer to the parks that younger children would like most. I don't know if I should choose to stay in a different location or not. Any information would be very much appreciated!

Tinkerbell313
11-17-2014, 10:19 AM
Boardwalk Inn is in walking (or you can take a boat) to both Epcot and Disney Hollywood Studios. You will need to take a bus to AK and MK. Depending on the time of year, Boardwalk shares busses with Yacht and Beach Club and Swan and Dolphin. We stayed at Yacht Club (which is across the lake from Boardwalk) this past July and loved that we can walk to two different parks.

In my opinion it depends on your interests. However, my kids started going to Walt Disney World at age 2 (the oldest is now 10)...they have always loved all four parks. There are plenty of activities, characters, rides and meals for little kids to do at all of the parks.

I would stay at Boardwalk in a heartbeat.

egoldber
11-18-2014, 09:35 AM
We often stay at the Boardwalk Villas, which is the DVC side (studios, and 1&2bedrooms suites) of the Boardwalk resort. It is our favorite place to stay. :) The walk to Epcot is about 10 minutes and Hollywood Studios is about 20 minutes. There are boats also, but it pretty much always faster to walk.

You do have to take a bus to MK and AK.

Like the PP, I think there is something for kids at every park. In particular, Hollywood Studios has a lot of things for younger kids.