PDA

View Full Version : What's the best deal for Balsam Hill Christmas Trees?

elbenn
11-18-2014, 12:08 PM
Right now Balsam Hill has 15% off. I know they don't have coupon codes very often, but does anyone know if they offer any better specials over Black Friday?

poppy
11-18-2014, 03:10 PM
The best deals are the After Christmas sale.

But as a caveat, they have very poor customer service. We bought a tree that came damaged and they were not willing to help us but really hassled us.
Except for the damaged part, it was a nice tree but not worth it. If you don't need their customer service, then the tree itself was nice. Google them. They have the worst service. We found out the hard way.

elbenn
11-18-2014, 04:13 PM
Bad customer service when they charge so much for a tree--not cool! Where to get a good tree then? I think I will start another thread.

keh602
11-18-2014, 04:58 PM
Wow, we have a gorgeous tree from Balsam Hill that we haven't had any issues with. In fact, I've never seen a more realistic-looking tree. I'm sad to hear that they have poor customer service.

elbenn
11-18-2014, 05:30 PM
Wow, we have a gorgeous tree from Balsam Hill that we haven't had any issues with. In fact, I've never seen a more realistic-looking tree. I'm sad to hear that they have poor customer service.

Which tree do you have?

elbenn
11-18-2014, 05:35 PM
Okay, maybe they don't have great customer service. I just found out about the 15% off code because mine had gone in my spam folder. When I figured out that the coupon expired yesterday, I emailed them that it went to spam to see if I could still use it, but they said to just watch for more coupons. I am considering a tree that costs a lot of money. You would think they could extend the coupon code by 1 day!

keh602
11-18-2014, 05:41 PM
Which tree do you have?

We have this (http://www.balsamhill.com/Black-Spruce-by-Balsam-Hill-p/bls-t.htm?1=1&CartID=0) one with multicolored lights.

keh602
11-18-2014, 05:43 PM
Okay, maybe they don't have great customer service. I just found out about the 15% off code because mine had gone in my spam folder. When I figured out that the coupon expired yesterday, I emailed them that it went to spam to see if I could still use it, but they said to just watch for more coupons. I am considering a tree that costs a lot of money. You would think they could extend the coupon code by 1 day!

Yeah, that stinks... maybe something better is coming along. It looks like the coupon I used three years ago was for $30 off an order of $500 or more. 15% would've been fantastic!

Suebell
11-18-2014, 08:29 PM
TERRIBLE customer service. Our tree kept getting delayed (they lost it at one point and supposedly sent another) and the customer service was non-existent. Thankfully I used Google purchase protection when I checked out. I complained to Google after almost a month of dealing with Balsam Hill and Google got them to overnight a tree for free and refund part of the original purchase price.

elbenn
11-18-2014, 09:58 PM
I am going to check out trees from other places. Even though I missed the coupon code by just a few hours because it went to my spam folder, they will not bend and give me the coupon code. I looked at their emails from last year and the only time they gave 15% was during the F&F sale last year, so it's doubtful they will issue another coupon.