PDA

View Full Version : ISO quadrilla deal

abh5e8
11-19-2014, 12:20 PM
so i think this is what i'm going to get my boys...but where to buy? any good deals? thanks!

candaceb
11-19-2014, 02:00 PM
I got some of the tracks and spirals at Goodwill with none of the "blocks" or other parts, so they are useless until we get a bigger set. I have been watching ebay and other places for a deal for months. The best deals I see are lightly used sets on ebay. I'm thinking about selling what I have on ebay and then starting over with a plastic marbleworks set because I don't think DS is actually ready for Quadrilla and I'd hate to spend all the money and have him not use it.

barkley1
11-19-2014, 02:14 PM
Fwiw, we have a bunch of sets: imaginarium (from TRU, perfect starter set), 2 marbulous, quadrilla, quercetti and 2 different Q-Ba-maze sets. Good Lord. DS is definitely a geeky (future) engineer like me. Anyway, quadrilla is his least favorite. Thank goodness I found it for $5 (!!!!!) at a consignment sale bc I would be kicking myself for spending that much for the amount of play it gets. From age 3.5-now it has been his main toy (like 90% - I started thinking something was wrong lol!), and his favorite is the Marbulous sets. They have really fun pieces that are different, and he can build tons of different designs. It is less sturdy than the beginner Imaginarium one from TRU, but more exciting. The quadrilla falls over all the time and doesn't seem as versatile in the designs, if that makes sense. The Quercetti one is very cool, too...it's at grandmas house lately so he only gets to play it every now and then but loves it. They have some awesome sets on Zulily right now! I'm anxiously waiting for them to be off there so I won't get another set for DS....he would love it, but 7 marble runs is enough!!

cilantromapuche
11-19-2014, 06:20 PM
We have several quadrilla sets and they are well played and loved at our house. I do agree that they are for the older child (or adults). The adults seem to get into building with it.

citymama
11-19-2014, 07:03 PM
Can someone link to the ones that get the most play w their kids? I'm ISO a good gift for my construction/engineering toy nut, DD2. Thanks!