PDA

View Full Version : Slipper recommendations

*newmomma*
11-22-2014, 12:07 AM
I'd like a new pair of scuffs but don't want to spend what Uggs cost.. Anyone out there have a pair that don't squish flat after a couple wears? They need to have rubber bottoms or something similar for going out to get the kids on the bus, mail, etc. Would love some affordable options!

nomnom
11-22-2014, 12:09 AM
Have you looked at llbean ones? They seem pretty well liked.

ang79
11-22-2014, 01:30 AM
I loved my Bearpaw mocs that DH bought me a few years ago. They lasted me two years, even though I wore them every single day (SAHM). My mom got me a replacement pair last year for Christmas and the wool is already worn thin in several places :( So I would not recommend them, as they seem to have gone downhill in quality. I picked up a pair of isontoner booties at Kohls the other night. Figured if I need to replace slippers every year I'll get cheap ones that are machine washable! I haven't worn them yet, but they have memory foam in the bottom that is super comfy, hopefully it holds up for awhile.

JanBaby
11-24-2014, 03:54 PM
Have you looked at llbean ones? They seem pretty well liked.

I have these and they are awesome!! I work from home and wear them pretty much every day. I have the daybreak scuffs.

Kindra178
11-24-2014, 10:22 PM
The LLB Wicked Good Clogs with the cork sole are the best. I loved my Haflinger slippers but I found that they don't wear well for the price. I switched back to the similarly styled LLB cork sole clogs. I wear them year round. I keep a pair in my travel bag. If I am going to spend the day at my mil's house, I bring them along. The cork (similar to the Haflinger cork) molds to your feet. Custom shoes in four days!

willow33
12-01-2014, 08:53 AM
Love my Sorel Tremblant Moc slipper…have them on right now :) I wear them to the bus stop and around the house. They are warm and comfy.

hillview
12-01-2014, 09:34 AM
LL Bean wicked good clogs (seconding) are great

Hemlock
12-01-2014, 11:05 AM
Has anyone purchased the LL Bean Wicked Good Clogs recently? I was thinking of getting a pair for myself, but the recent online reviews are not favourable It seems that many reviewers have mentioned that the shearling on the inside on the slipper is rubbing quickly since the slipper was reintroduced.

TwoBees
12-01-2014, 12:01 PM
I love the Wicked Good slippers but have not tried the clogs.

123LuckyMom
12-01-2014, 12:27 PM
My problem has been that I have super sensitive feet and get blisters at the drop of a hat! With those wicked good slippers, do you feel the puckered seam at all, or does the fleece really protect your foot from the seam and not wear off?

Kindra178
12-01-2014, 01:44 PM
Has anyone purchased the LL Bean Wicked Good Clogs recently? I was thinking of getting a pair for myself, but the recent online reviews are not favourable It seems that many reviewers have mentioned that the shearling on the inside on the slipper is rubbing quickly since the slipper was reintroduced.

For comparison sake, my $100/pair Haflingers would start visibly falling apart in 6 months and would absolutely need to be replaced in 9 months. The LLB shearling on the heel does start to wear after 9 months or so, but the slippers are in excellent condition otherwise. The cork sole keeps the slippers amazingly comfortable, notwithstanding the absent shearling.

hellokitty
12-01-2014, 01:49 PM
I just wear a PR of birkenstocks. With socs if it's cold, barefoot when it's warm. Ice had my current PR for 4 yrs and they're still fine.

Mopey
12-01-2014, 05:01 PM
I have the full LL bean Wicked Good slippers and they took me through a holiday season with a broken toe and a transit strike (yes I wore them to parties ;)) I love the rubber sole for running out in a pinch. Or rather, hitting all the parties!

cookiemonster80
12-01-2014, 06:47 PM
Vionic has great ones with super arch support/ I got mine at 6pm for about $20

mmommy
12-01-2014, 06:57 PM
I've got the Sorels too, and LOVE them.

*newmomma*
12-01-2014, 10:05 PM
Those Sorel ones are so cute! I'm so cheap...hoping to find something in the $30-40 range.

lizzywednesday
12-02-2014, 04:10 PM
My problem has been that I have super sensitive feet and get blisters at the drop of a hat! With those wicked good slippers, do you feel the puckered seam at all, or does the fleece really protect your foot from the seam and not wear off?

I didn't want the moccasin ones because of the stupid furry collar thing, so I have the clog/scuff style. There is no seam.

As for the moc style, DH has gone through almost 5 pair of these over the course of our relationship. The lining in the men's style doesn't have any feelable seams inside.

123LuckyMom
12-02-2014, 04:18 PM
I didn't want the moccasin ones because of the stupid furry collar thing, so I have the clog/scuff style. There is no seam.

As for the moc style, DH has gone through almost 5 pair of these over the course of our relationship. The lining in the men's style doesn't have any feelable seams inside.

Thanks! My current slippers are clog style. The sole is very stiff, and the fleece has worn away. They're fine for walking around, but not for keeping on curled up on the couch because of the heavy, thick sole. I'm tempted to forego a sole this time.