PDA

View Full Version : Which would you prefer (house cleaning service)?

okinawama
11-29-2014, 09:44 AM
I interviewed two house cleaning options.

Option A:Merry Maids- they bring their own supplies, are bonded and insured, but can't guarantee the same person completes the job every time. To have them clean the entire house twice a month is out of my budget. However, they would do the kitchen and bathrooms for $49.00. For that price, I'd have them come weekly.

Option B: A young woman (who came recommended from two friends)- I provide all supplies, she's not insured but from what my friends say, she's great. She charges $85.00 for the entire house, which I can only afford every other week.

So, would you prefer to get the kitchen and bathrooms done every week, or the entire house twice a month?

truly scrumptious
11-29-2014, 10:02 AM
Entire house twice a month. That's what our cleaners do and it's perfect. At one point we had them come weekly and started to feel like it was a waste of money because things just wouldn't get that dirty. It probably wouldn't be the same for bathrooms and the kitchen, but for that trade off I'd get the whole house done less frequently. Our cleaners change all the sheets on the beds, tidy up the kids' things, dust all the surfaces (including cobwebs when spiders move indoors), get all the grime out of corners and make the floors sparkle. I wouldn't give that up for anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hillview
11-29-2014, 10:16 AM
option b. what TS said plus having the same person every time pays off I think -- they get to know your house etc.

SnuggleBuggles
11-29-2014, 11:01 AM
I hate the chain maid services. I prefer ones that don't get hung up on the clock, which I find to be the case w the big companies vs individuals. Always exceptions but I know for sure the Merry Maids I have used are like that. Plus, entire house twice/ month is great.

mikala
11-29-2014, 11:28 AM
Option b for sure.

mmommy
11-29-2014, 12:00 PM
Option B. She's a person, setting her own rate, so hopefully your home gets clean and you can feel good about supporting her career rather than paying a company and then the employees are underpaid.

HannaAddict
11-29-2014, 12:10 PM
I would never hire Merry Maids, it is a worse employer than Walmart. We have a long term housekeeper and it is far preferable to have the same person every time.

okinawama
11-29-2014, 01:15 PM
I would never hire Merry Maids, it is a worse employer than Walmart. We have a long term housekeeper and it is far preferable to have the same person every time.
I had no idea they weren't good to their employees! Oops! I wouldn't have even interviewed them had I known that! Thank you for the heads up everyone!

essnce629
11-29-2014, 04:09 PM
Definitely option B.

keh602
11-29-2014, 04:49 PM
I had no idea they weren't good to their employees! Oops! I wouldn't have even interviewed them had I known that! Thank you for the heads up everyone!

I had no idea that they weren't good to their employees either, and they cleaned our house for over a year. The amount of money that their employees actually take home from what you pay is ridiculously low.

Melaine
11-29-2014, 05:02 PM
I would also vote B but good to know about Merry Maids, what a turn off.

wellyes
11-29-2014, 07:30 PM
I agree with everyone about B, but getting the bathrooms and kitchen done weekly would be heavenly.

athompson
11-29-2014, 09:55 PM
Option B without a doubt.