PDA

View Full Version : Good off-site hotel at Disney World? Would you do off-site?

magnoliaparadise
12-04-2014, 07:30 AM
Hi,
I am planning for my Disney trip and just realized that we can get a free off-site Disney hotel if I use my frequent flyer miles. We would still have to pay approx. $1650 in day passes, but we would save a bundle (like a few thousand!).

To me, it's a no brainer. However, I'm going for my mother and father and they are reluctant to go off-site. They worry that it will take too long to get to the parks. They don't like that we would need buses. I pointed out that even in the deluxe hotels, we would need a bus to go do SOME of the parks.

Could you please suggest your favorite off-site Disney hotels which are still (relatively) close to the Disney parks?

I just checked and we can stay in the Doubletree - it didn't get great Trip Advisor reviews, but I figure - how bad could a Doubletree be in Disney World? But maybe there are others which are better known for being great hotels in Disney?

Thank you!

Thank you!

georgiegirl
12-04-2014, 07:53 AM
We loved Wyndham Bonnet Creek. We've stayed there twice. It is super closs to Epcot, hollywood studios, and downtown Disney. We always rent a car.

TwinFoxes
12-04-2014, 08:13 AM
I second WBC. It's very nice, and is closer to the parks than some on property hotels.

maybeebaby08
12-07-2014, 08:58 PM
Agree with Wyndham Bonnet Creek. We're going for our second trip in February. Big rooms, close to everything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

egoldber
12-07-2014, 09:26 PM
The buses from offsite hotels tend to be very inconvenient. I would rent a car if staying offsite. Also, consider traffic. Some hotels are very close, but others that seem close can take a long time to get there because of heavy traffic patterns.

DietCokeLover
12-07-2014, 10:25 PM
We own a timeshare at WBC. We love it there.

candaceb
12-07-2014, 11:23 PM
I prefer staying offsite but would never do it without renting a car. The one time I did, we ended up taking taxis by the third day.

staceyeileen
12-09-2014, 08:54 PM
Wyndham Bonnet Creek is great, as others have pointed out. It is a timeshare though, so you need to rent from another Wyndham owner. There are hotels at Bonnet Creek as well (Hilton and Wyndham Grand, I believe), but those are not the WBC that people are recommending. There are a few sites that hook up Wyndham owners with potential renters:

http://vacationstrategy.com/
http://vacationupgrades.com/

AnnieW625
12-16-2014, 12:17 PM
Friends of ours have stayed off site a few times at one of the Marriott vacation resorts near the parks and have been very happy. You can stay at a Marriott resort and not be a time share owner. Unless something has changed you can do the same at Wyndham Bonnet Creek as well. You can reserve online using their website.

scrooks
12-17-2014, 10:56 PM
Add me to the list of wyndham bonnet creek lovers! We also rented a car. It was super close and we didn't have any major traffic issues.

brittone2
12-18-2014, 01:01 PM
We looked at renting a house in Windsor Hills. We stayed onsite on our first big family trip. If we return, I would consider offsite at WH I think. I would like to maybe do a down day mid week, enjoy the pool, have room to spread out in the house, etc.

geochick
12-18-2014, 09:16 PM
Check out Marriott Cypress Harbour. We'll be there in a few weeks.