PDA

View Full Version : What shoes do you wear with your boot cut jeans/pants?

acmom
12-04-2014, 11:36 PM
Now that the weather is colder, I am struggling with shoes...what do you wear with your boot cut jeans/pants when you need to wear socks? I have a couple pair of boots I like, but all work much better with skinny jeans/leggings. I have sneakers and danskos, but looking for something more fashionable. And we have a lot of days here when it is just too cold to go sockless and wear my ballet flats.

SnuggleBuggles
12-04-2014, 11:37 PM
Booties and sometimes sneakers.

acmom
12-04-2014, 11:45 PM
Booties and sometimes sneakers.

Not sure why, but I am fashion challenged when it comes to booties! Could you link any that might be good options? I think there have been some recent bootie threads - I will try searching those too!

abh5e8
12-05-2014, 01:59 AM
I love the Toms wedges!!

hellokitty
12-05-2014, 09:09 AM
Danskos, sneakers and ankle length boots.

gymnbomb
12-05-2014, 09:21 AM
Sneakers most of the time when I am not at work, short boots or Clarks clogs or loafers most days for work, and today I have on LL Bean Comfort Mocs. I am not particularly fashionable though, and I do not own a single pair of leggings, skinny jeans, or tall boots.

almostmom
12-05-2014, 11:33 AM
I have black and brown boots with small heels that have side zips and go several inches above my ankles. One pair is ecco, and I've had them for years. I wear them to work almost every day! I also wear clogs with those kinds of pants sometimes.

pastrygirl
12-05-2014, 12:40 PM
I would wear booties, but I'd also make sure they have more of a pointy toe. Very round toes like Dansko look very 90s with bootcuts; used to love the look, but it looks outdated now. ETA: Something like this (http://www.clarksusa.com/eng/product/spye_belle/26064542). I tried those on and they seemed very comfy, but I already had a similar pair. People on YLF rave about these (http://www.amazon.com/Sam-Edelman-Womens-Petty-Ankle/dp/B004I5D2PI).

In warmer temps (50+), I'd wear flats, driving mocs, etc. No worries about toe shape, LOL.

athompson
12-05-2014, 01:01 PM
:yeahthat:
I have the Sam Edelman Petty linked above and I love it. I'm planning to purchase another color soon. The good thing about the Petty is due to the height on your ankle, you can wear it with rolled skinny jeans, ankle jeans or bootcut jeans. Getting the ankle height of a bootie just right is tough and the Petty is perfect. I also purchased the Clarks linked above and sent them back because they weren't as comfortable as the Sam Edelman.
If you are looking for something a little more rugged, I just purchased the Merrell Shiloh pull this week and they are great:
http://www.zappos.com/merrell-shiloh-pull-chocolate
I sized up because I figured I'd always be wearing wool socks with these.

barkley1
12-05-2014, 01:33 PM
Mary Janes are the only shoes I can make work with bootcuts. I got some Eccos to wear to WDW and they're pretty cute, and I also have some brown leather mary jane type shoes.

http://www.thewalkingcompany.com/ecco-biom-lite-mary-jane-black/27499?kpid=289203&gclid=CMXY04O3r8ICFehzMgodqmkA9g

UGH, I wish I had NOT looked up that link. I paid WAYYYYY more than that in September, ugh! Well, that's a steal if anyone is interested. Very comfy, and match everything.

ETA: there's another color that's only $39.99! Down from $120

BabyH
12-05-2014, 03:25 PM
Cole Haan Milly Wedges or Dr Scholl's wedges. Sometimes Uggs.

acmom
12-05-2014, 04:58 PM
:yeahthat:
I have the Sam Edelman Petty linked above and I love it. I'm planning to purchase another color soon. The good thing about the Petty is due to the height on your ankle, you can wear it with rolled skinny jeans, ankle jeans or bootcut jeans. Getting the ankle height of a bootie just right is tough and the Petty is perfect.

Thanks all! I ordered these Sam Edelmans to try.

SnuggleBuggles
12-05-2014, 07:23 PM
I returned the Sam E.s bc the traction didn't seem to be good for winter. Mine had a weird smell too. They were really cute though. There's a pair of Clark's (Mission Halle) that I might buy.

hillview
12-05-2014, 08:44 PM
ugg boots

acmom
12-05-2014, 09:38 PM
I returned the Sam E.s bc the traction didn't seem to be good for winter. Mine had a weird smell too. They were really cute though. There's a pair of Clark's (Mission Halle) that I might buy.

Oh no - this could be an issue for me with our weather! I will keep looking for backup options...

acmom
12-05-2014, 09:38 PM
ugg boots

Any particular style of Uggs?

hillview
12-05-2014, 09:54 PM
an older version of these ish
http://www.zappos.com/ugg-blayre-ii-black

pastrygirl
12-05-2014, 11:11 PM
I take shoes like that to a cobbler to get a better sole put on.

BunnyBee
12-05-2014, 11:59 PM

I recently bought the Mission Halle booties. They are comfy for how high the heel is to me (I normally wear flip flops as much as possible). I either wear those or sneakers.