PDA

View Full Version : Fastpass+ choices

belovedgandp
12-07-2014, 12:51 PM
What are some not obvious choices to use for our FP+? I'm struggling especially with Epcot and the system of only getting one from certain areas. Same with HS. We did score Anna and Elsa at MK, but after that no real idea.

We went a little over three years ago, so familiar with the parks and how the former system worked. This amount of planning ahead is hard even for me and I'm a planner.

Globetrotter
12-07-2014, 01:16 PM
Check out touringplans.com

they have age based plans, if you really have no idea. I read through the descriptions of the rides.

ITA that this is over the top, planning wise! It's okay for me since my kids are older, but I can't imagine having to plan ahead with little ones.

KrisM
12-07-2014, 01:47 PM
How old are your kids?

We used Toy Story Mania and Rock n Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios. At Epcot, Test Track and Soarin'.

geochick
12-07-2014, 01:59 PM
Get a TouringPlans subscription. They give you a really great idea about which attractions need a FP+ reservation. It's well worth the money - "dedication" gets you 20% off. It also gets you an app so you can adjust your personalized touring plan while in the park.

egoldber
12-07-2014, 03:25 PM
At Epcot, I would use extra FP+ options for a character greetings or for Spaceship Earth, which can have wait time of 30 minutes at busier times. Since they closed Maelstrom, nothing else really needs a FP.

For DHS, you MUST have a FP+ for Toy Story Mania. I would also have one for Tower of Terror and RockNRollercoaster because they often have wait times of 60+ minutes. If you don't want to ride the bog rides, I would get one for The Great Movie Ride. Nothing else needs a FP.

At AK, the rides that need FP are Everest, Safari, Dinosaur, and Primeval Whirl. I wouldn't get one for the shows.

At MK, almost any major ride needs a FP. If you want to ride the Mine Train, definitely try to get one for that, because the wait times can be very long.

LKMang
12-07-2014, 03:53 PM
We just got back from disney this morning! At magic kingdom you def have to fp mine train. I loved the ride and thought it was cute but no way id wait in those lines for it (stand by went up to 80 min). We also fp Peter Pan which I also think is necessary if you want to ride it (also had huge lines while we were there). Our last fp was Winnie the Pooh just because I knew the whole family would enjoy it but standby was usually only 20 min. At dhs we did toy story mania, tower of terror and star tours.

I agree about the planning. I'm also a planner but I had a tough time figuring it all out before hand. When we got there it was all good. The fp lines seemed really short and moved faster than with the old system, at least to me. I also think it made some stand by lines longer. I've never waited more than 5 min to ride pirates standby and this time the line was almost 30 min long! I wasn't expecting that.

klwa
12-08-2014, 09:19 AM
If you don't want to go the touring plans route, easywdw gives a good idea of which attractions need fastpasses (without a subscription) for each park.
http://www.easywdw.com/category/cheat-sheets/

staceyeileen
12-09-2014, 08:55 PM
I 2nd easywdw!