PDA

View Full Version : I am so glad I trusted my gut and didn't buy the Babeau fleece wrap

AnnieW625
12-08-2014, 10:03 PM
The SA who was about 24 and a size 2-4 said it looked cute and would look better with jeans vs. my work pants, but I wasn't convinced, plus the fleece was quite warm and would be overkill IMHO here (and it didn't help I had just walked into the store from 70 degree weather). I am honestly convinced now that you need a certain body style to be able to pull this off esp. if you are wearing it outside the house. Thought I would share a photo though:
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/08/1cea5d1120f599483323f3e7f67a2e4b.jpg

mom2binsd
12-08-2014, 11:59 PM
Well, I never wear mine buttoned, I think it looks much nicer undone, and I think it looks so much better with jeans..I wear mine with short sleeved t-shirts underneath too...as it is styled in your pic I agree its not super flattering..I have the petite size as well as I'm 4'11"... Never buy something that your gut tells you not too though!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

zukeypur
12-09-2014, 12:24 AM
I agree, i never wear it buttoned. I think it looks better with fitted pants or jeans.

AnnieW625
12-09-2014, 12:31 AM
Thanks to you both. Not sure why my pants look all baggy in this picture, they didn't look that bad......at least I didn't think they did. Instead of ordering this a few weeks back I ordered this cardigan and love it:
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/mod-lusive-by-bobeau-open-front-cardigan-regular-petite/3538695?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=Pink+Polish&resultback=15&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-1_1_B

joules
12-09-2014, 03:53 AM
Thanks to you both. Not sure why my pants look all baggy in this picture, they didn't look that bad......at least I didn't think they did. Instead of ordering this a few weeks back I ordered this cardigan and love it:
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/mod-lusive-by-bobeau-open-front-cardigan-regular-petite/3538695?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=Pink+Polish&resultback=15&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-1_1_B

I have this one too in red. I love it. It's so comfy and I always get compliments on it. But I have found it to pill just slightly after washing.

zukeypur
12-09-2014, 09:12 AM
I love that!!!

alootikki
12-09-2014, 10:07 AM
I have two of the Bobeau fleece wraps, and I do wear them buttoned for warmth. However, I take a safety pin to pin the "inner-side" of the cardigan to my t-shirt - that helps it to be more fitted and drape much more nicely when closed!

almostmom
12-09-2014, 12:24 PM
Well, I got mine in the mail, and they look awful on me! They are going back to Nordstrom...

echoesofspring
12-09-2014, 01:03 PM
My mom insisted I get one last year she loved hers so much, I tried it on in the store after xmas, and I thought it looked awful, but it was also the wrong color and the wrong size. A few months later another one arrived in the mail....If I wear skinny jeans and heels I can pull it off, but otherwise it's just become something really comfortable that I wear ***only at home***. A small step up from working in my bathrobe ;)

Hemlock
12-09-2014, 02:17 PM
AnnieW625, I think it looks quite lovely on you!

hellokitty
12-09-2014, 02:40 PM
I think that they'd look badly on me too... Esp buttoned up. Anytime I wear any type of sweater or jacket buttoned up, I don't like the way it looks.

robinsmommy
12-09-2014, 05:52 PM
I tried one on, too. I am short and curvy, and because it was so shapeless in the waist area (esp in the back), it looked frumpy on me. I tried unbuttoning it in the front, which helped with the front view, but then it would not sit properly - the edges of the front kept turning so the unfinished bits showed. The one I had looked like it would start pilling the first time through the wash. Sleeves were very snug - I wouldn't be able to wear it with long sleeves under.

I do think that on the right person, they could look better (though I have some doubts about how well they would hold up for me - i am hard on sweaters/fleeces), but I really need something with darts or tailoring of some kind to look like I'm not wearing a bag. I wouldn't mind finding something with a similar angled line in the front with gathers in the back and made of another material, probably a little thicker.

Maybe these are like cilantro? You either love 'em or hate 'em?

BabyH
12-09-2014, 08:09 PM
I ordered two, also! I ordered the striped $19.99 one in a medium, tried it, showed a friend who confirmed my thoughts that it was way too big for my 5'4" frame. So I ordered a purple one in a small, and darn if it doesn't fit just the same. Too bad because they are SO comfy. I wish I could make it work!

stinkyfeet
12-09-2014, 08:46 PM
In case if anyone wanted styling ideas, you can see how petite fashion blogger (5 feet tall) wears it with different outfits.

(I learned about this blog from someone on the BBB--thank to to whoever posted about her!)

http://www.extrapetite.com/?m=1