PDA

View Full Version : MZ Wallace Advent, good one for today (day 12)

hellokitty
12-12-2014, 02:27 AM
I posted this on the Flat of the Hill thread, but someone mentioned it should have its own thread. Maybe we should just make this the MZ Wallace Advent thread. :)

So, here's a copy and paste...

Run! This is only for one day and once they run out, that's it! They just released advent for today and it is their new coal belle or jane tote for 50% off with free shipping! I love the color of this bag. I really like the look of the Jane tote, but without the crossbody strap, I decided it would be better to go with the belle, plus it sounds like the tote does not zip up. I have a kate and a bianca and both have the crossbody strap and it is so versatile to be able to use the straps in more than one carry style. Anyway, this is a great deal if you are looking for a nice bag and personally I think that the color is very neutral, so if you are a one bag kind of person, this could be it!

http://www.mzwallace.com/epop/advent

tarnator
12-12-2014, 02:49 AM
I posted this on the Flat of the Hill thread, but someone mentioned it should have its own thread. Maybe we should just make this the MZ Wallace Advent thread. :)

So, here's a copy and paste...

Run! This is only for one day and once they run out, that's it! They just released advent for today and it is their new charcoal belle or kate tote for 50% off with free shipping! I love the color of this bag. I really like the look of the kate tote, but without the crossbody strap, I decided it would be better to go with the belle, plus it sounds like the tote does not zip up. I have a kate and a bianca and both have the crossbody strap and it is so versatile to be able to use the straps in more than one carry style. Anyway, this is a great deal if you are looking for a nice bag and personally I think that the color is very neutral, so if you are a one bag kind of person, this could be it!

http://www.mzwallace.com/epop/advent

HAHA!
That was me... and I bought one. The colour looks gorgeous, and I wanted the Belle. What a great price!

hellokitty
12-12-2014, 03:11 AM
HAHA!
That was me... and I bought one. The colour looks gorgeous, and I wanted the Belle. What a great price!

Glad you got one!

blisstwins
12-12-2014, 03:44 AM
I have a Belle and though it is great for some purposes, it is HUGE and things get lost in it. I ordered the Jane tote. A lot of people have it at work and the size is a lot more useful for everyday, IMO.

blisstwins
12-12-2014, 03:45 AM
I have a Belle and though it is great for some purposes, it is HUGE and things get lost in it. I ordered the Jane tote. A lot of people have it at work and the size is a lot more useful for everyday, IMO.

I will say that is one pretty Belle though. Love the patent trim and color.

Momit
12-12-2014, 11:15 AM
I ordered a Belle, too. I have a small flock of MZ Wallace bags and love them all.

stinkyfeet
12-12-2014, 11:19 AM
That coal is a really pretty color...to bad I already ordered from flat of the hill sale!

scrooks
12-12-2014, 11:21 AM
I'm so tempted but really wanted the Hayley....don't know what to do. I love the look of the jane but wanted the cross body strap..

curiousgeorge
12-12-2014, 11:33 AM
I have a Hayley and love it. I definitely appreciate the cross-body strap. I don't have a Belle, but know it is definitely bigger, so I wouldn't go that route unless you need a lot more capacity. If you watch eBay there are always some on there, and there are lots of days of their advent sale left. I don't think we've seen a Hayley on the advent sale yet so we are due!

I also have a Jane, and the strap drop is very generous and it stays on my shoulder nicely. It carries more than Hayley. I use it if I need to add a kids fleece, extra snacks, etc.

scrooks
12-12-2014, 11:46 AM
Interesting that the jane holds more than the Hayley! Now I am more confused. It's just a matter of that crossbody strap. I need something that can hang on a stroller!

Momit
12-12-2014, 12:00 PM
Interesting that the jane holds more than the Hayley! Now I am more confused. It's just a matter of that crossbody strap. I need something that can hang on a stroller!

The Kate is a large bag with a crossbody strap. It's a little awkward to carry that way because it's so big, but you can do it. It would definitely hang on a stroller. It might actually be sold as a diaper bag.

ETA Hayley would not fit fleeces, water bottles etc. for more than 1 small kid.

scrooks
12-12-2014, 12:09 PM
Thanks for all of the info ladies. It's all making me reconsider the belle. I need something that isn't so giant it can't be used as a purse but is big enough to hold basic items for a toddler (a diaper, small pack of wipes and snack ). I don't want something as large as a diaper bag as it would seems overwhelming as a purse KWIM? Oh...and I want it to hang on a stroller. The belle scares me because it talks about it being used as an overnight bag...

mmommy
12-12-2014, 12:09 PM
If you're looking for cross body, I also recommend the Britt. I have one that I use to commute and I can't believe how much it holds. I like that it looks a little more polished. I also have a Hayley, which I love. The Britt holds more without being so vast I can't find anything in it. I think the Britt is still on their sale page in Moss, which is a great neutral.

curiousgeorge
12-12-2014, 12:13 PM
Jane is taller than Hayley. I can have my regular stuff in Haley just fine but if I need to stuff a couple of kids fleeces on top they don't really fit in Hayley but do in jane.

curiousgeorge
12-12-2014, 12:42 PM
Here are some pics. Olive Hayley vs Berry Jane. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/12/1fa6200eef390852407d175c31907a2e.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/12/0724217185ae0e38e98aa7b0bf7cb753.jpg

curiousgeorge
12-12-2014, 12:47 PM
I loaded the pics via Tapatalk so couldn't really see them well. Now I see it might look like Hayley isn't that much smaller, but in that top pic she is settled down a bit in the middle, kind of hobo-ish like. The second pic shows how much taller Jane is.

zukeypur
12-12-2014, 01:27 PM
Im so glad you posted those pics! I almost bought the belle because i really like a crossbody bag, but it seems so huge. I've never actually seen an MZ bag in person, so i really would like to see how awesome they are before i drop that much money on one. My birthday is in March, so I'm planning on using birthday money for a bag during the easter egg hunt.

atx
12-12-2014, 01:43 PM
I have an olive color Belle (I can't remember the real name of the color) and I love the size. It's light but you have the flexibility of stuffing it full if you need to.
If I didn't already have the Belle, I would have gotten this one. As it is, I already bought a Fern Kate the other day :)

curiousgeorge
12-12-2014, 05:11 PM
There are a lot more great pics over on the purse forum:
http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-and-purses/mz-wallace-style-size-color-reference-pics-only-855190.html

And if you go to this thread there are a lot of ladies who own a lot more bags than I do that are quite helpful if you have questions:
http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-and-purses/mz-wallace-bags-opinions-on-mz-wallace-bags-869878-187.html

I do have a Kate and would be happy to post a pic of it too if anyone would find that helpful.

hellokitty
12-12-2014, 07:13 PM
I have an olive color Belle (I can't remember the real name of the color) and I love the size. It's light but you have the flexibility of stuffing it full if you need to.
If I didn't already have the Belle, I would have gotten this one. As it is, I already bought a Fern Kate the other day :)

I agree with you that it's nice to have a bag with the flexibilty of being stuffed full, if needed. My MZW bags have been pretty much work bags. I don't have a long commute (minivan, 10 min drive, lol), but my Bianca gets to be on the verge of too small if I try to put ALL of my stuff in it, my Kate is decent and I'm thinkig that the Belle will work out well too. I do wish that they all had more of the elastic pocket on the side like the Kate... it's very useful for drinks.

hellokitty
12-12-2014, 07:16 PM
Well, it looks like the Belle in coal sold out. However, the Jane tote is still available.

Momit
12-12-2014, 07:36 PM
I agree with you that it's nice to have a bag with the flexibilty of being stuffed full, if needed. My MZW bags have been pretty much work bags. I don't have a long commute (minivan, 10 min drive, lol), but my Bianca gets to be on the verge of too small if I try to put ALL of my stuff in it, my Kate is decent and I'm thinkig that the Belle will work out well too. I do wish that they all had more of the elastic pocket on the side like the Kate... it's very useful for drinks.

I love the Kate for all-day trips, like to the zoo or something. The bottle pockets are perfect for water bottles, umbrellas etc. It's not so large that it looks like you're carrying around luggage or something. It's smaller than my diaper bag was - that's for sure.

tarnator
12-12-2014, 11:00 PM
You guys are scaring me. I ordered the belle, but I am really scared now that it might be too big. I wanted one for everyday but that could hold my gym clothes and some running shoes. It is too late to cancel, I guess...

hellokitty
12-13-2014, 01:02 AM
You guys are scaring me. I ordered the belle, but I am really scared now that it might be too big. I wanted one for everyday but that could hold my gym clothes and some running shoes. It is too late to cancel, I guess...

I think it will be perfect for your needs.

socaintexas
12-13-2014, 05:27 PM
What purses did they have available on Dec 1? Did anyone shop that sale?

SASM
12-13-2014, 05:43 PM
UGH!!!! Sooo bummed I missed out on this!! I LOVE that color and has been holding out for a Jane. :( Grrr... If anyone bought on a whim and changes their mind, please think of me. ;) ;)

nellonello
12-13-2014, 07:46 PM
What purses did they have available on Dec 1? Did anyone shop that sale?

Dec 1 was 50% off Anthracite. I know they had Francis Tote (I got that one), Jane, Kate and Bea.

curiousgeorge
12-13-2014, 08:31 PM
UGH!!!! Sooo bummed I missed out on this!! I LOVE that color and has been holding out for a Jane. :( Grrr... If anyone bought on a whim and changes their mind, please think of me. ;) ;)

The Jane wasn't available in the coal color. Just the Jane tote and the Belle.

SASM
12-13-2014, 08:49 PM
the jane wasn't available in the coal color. Just the jane tote and the belle.
thank you!!!!

wifecat
12-14-2014, 12:27 AM
Whooops...wrong thread...

hellokitty
12-14-2014, 01:05 AM
Today's deal is an extra 20% off of the red bedford line, which makes them 50% off.

http://www.mzwallace.com/shop/advent-day-14

hillview
12-14-2014, 09:21 AM
I got the red baby jane. My first MZ Wallace. Seems like a good price!

socaintexas
12-14-2014, 09:32 AM
I had the re Paige in my cart last night but by the time I checked out it was gone. Does anyone have both the Paige and the Lizzy and recommend one over the other?

scrooks
12-14-2014, 10:06 AM
I really want the red jane but am hesitating because of lack of crossbody strap....I love the red!

Gracemom
12-14-2014, 10:28 AM
I had the re Paige in my cart last night but by the time I checked out it was gone. Does anyone have both the Paige and the Lizzy and recommend one over the other?

I wanted the Paige too and I'm bummed that its already sold out.

curiousgeorge
12-14-2014, 11:31 AM
Keep an eye on ebay if you are still looking for the Ruby Paige. There are always people who buy because it's on sale and decide they don't want to keep it, but when it is final sale like that (50% off is final sale) it can't be returned. There is one on ebay now, but at $250.

curiousgeorge
12-14-2014, 11:49 AM
Actually, there are still Ruby Paiges available at the stores. Click on the link that says, "Check Store Availability" and you'll see the stores and phone numbers. Call the stores and they will ship.

socaintexas
12-14-2014, 10:11 PM
Actually, there are still Ruby Paiges available at the stores. Click on the link that says, "Check Store Availability" and you'll see the stores and phone numbers. Call the stores and they will ship.

I saw that there was availability at both stores this morning but did not think about calling. We've been gone all day to see the Nutcracker in Austin and am just now seeing this so it is too late. (They are all out of stock and the store are closed). If anyone got one and changes your mind is be happy to take it off your hands!

kissmekate
12-18-2014, 12:56 PM
I love the Baby Jane! Can I get some opinions on the plum color??

hellokitty
12-19-2014, 07:19 PM
So, for those you have ordered, have you gotten your purse(s)? I got my coal belle a few days ago and I LOOOVE it. It is so pretty, the color of the bag is so pretty and I love the handles and accents being kind of a dark bronze/copper metalic color. I have zero regrets, in fact I wouldn't mind getting this bag in another color. I still haven't added a black MZW to my collection yet (my kate is a light grewy and my bianca is a gunmetal twill). I also like the size. I now feel like my kate is just a bit bigger than I really need. The belle is perfect for me, the bianca is good too, but a little bit smaller, b/c the top of the bag tapers in a little bit, but it also is my most compact looking bag, and I love the gunmetal twill. Of the three tha I have, the belle is a great fit. I really like the pockets too, there is one long packet on the front above the two larger pockets and I love how it perfectly fits in my day planner (yes, I still use a paper planner too for work) and a vera bradley pouch that I use to keep work reciepts, my main compartment of my belle is much less cluttered.

Momit
12-19-2014, 07:26 PM
I got mine. I didn't even look at it but I can't wait to open it for Christmas! :)

firstbaby
12-20-2014, 10:18 PM
I got the cocoa belle the other day and can't wait for it to arrive! I really would have liked the coal, but by the time I decided to order, it was sold out. I'm hoping the cocoa is a nice year round color. I was perfectly happy with my sapphire Paige and LV Neverfull but saw a woman carrying a plum Kate the other day and it wasn't as big as I thought it would be IRL. I think the Belle will be the perfect size, too. Fingers crossed and Merry Christmas to me!

atx
12-20-2014, 10:20 PM
Yup, I think the Belle is the perfect size bag. It's all I could do not to order another one, lol.

tarnator
12-21-2014, 12:21 AM
So, for those you have ordered, have you gotten your purse(s)? I got my coal belle a few days ago and I LOOOVE it. It is so pretty, the color of the bag is so pretty and I love the handles and accents being kind of a dark bronze/copper metalic color. I have zero regrets, in fact I wouldn't mind getting this bag in another color. I still haven't added a black MZW to my collection yet (my kate is a light grewy and my bianca is a gunmetal twill). I also like the size. I now feel like my kate is just a bit bigger than I really need. The belle is perfect for me, the bianca is good too, but a little bit smaller, b/c the top of the bag tapers in a little bit, but it also is my most compact looking bag, and I love the gunmetal twill. Of the three tha I have, the belle is a great fit. I really like the pockets too, there is one long packet on the front above the two larger pockets and I love how it perfectly fits in my day planner (yes, I still use a paper planner too for work) and a vera bradley pouch that I use to keep work reciepts, my main compartment of my belle is much less cluttered.

I am so relieved to hear your review. I have been so worried that it is too big. I have been mildly panicking since I ordered and I won't get to open mine until xmas either!

socaintexas
12-22-2014, 02:53 PM
My cocoa belle and black moto lizzy came in this morning! I'm so excited! Santa was good to me this year!

atx
12-22-2014, 03:20 PM
My cocoa belle and black moto lizzy came in this morning! I'm so excited! Santa was good to me this year!
Jealous! I haven't opened my box with my Kate yet.

BTW, are you in Austin?

socaintexas
12-22-2014, 05:28 PM
Jealous! I haven't opened my box with my Kate yet.

BTW, are you in Austin?

I couldn't resist. I met the fed-ex carrier at her vehicle before she could even get out! :)

We live in Crawford, just outside of Waco. Are you in Texas?

hellokitty
12-22-2014, 09:15 PM
Enjoy your bags, ladies! DH and I do not give each other christmas gifts, so if we order something at this time of yr, we just open it and enjoy it. :)

curiousgeorge
12-23-2014, 11:13 AM
Today's deal is that if you buy a gift card they add 25% to it. Great way to get a bag that you want that didn't go on sale.

zukeypur
12-23-2014, 11:21 AM
I am thinking about buying a gift card for myself and holding onto it for the easter sale,

hellokitty
12-23-2014, 11:54 AM
I am thinking about buying a gift card for myself and holding onto it for the easter sale,

I thought about that too... But I spent way too much $ this season. I'm so hooked on this brand... Looking forward to there easter egg event. :)

firstbaby
12-23-2014, 12:51 PM
Zukeypur, I am thinking about doing the same thing :)

socaintexas
12-23-2014, 08:20 PM
Is it good for immediate use? Does the gift card expire? I bought the Lizzy black Moto at full price minus my 15% discount for a new customer. I wish I would have held off for this deal. I am tempted to get one in case the Sutton goes on sale in the last three nights of the sale.

curiousgeorge
12-23-2014, 11:31 PM
My understanding is that yes it is good for immediate use and no it does not expire.

hellokitty
12-24-2014, 11:42 AM
OOoh, did you guys see today's? It's a fun challenge! I'll copy and paste. I just sat here for 30 min and finally submitted mine via email. I hope I get the $25 GC. Writing limericks is not easy, lol!

"It's Christmas Eve and we're feeling merry. Send us a proper limerick written by you (5 lines, rhyme structure AABBA) between now and midnight and we'll send you a $25 gift card to use in the new year. Post it on our Facebook wall or email [email protected] - one entry per customer. Gift cards will be emailed in early January."

firstbaby
12-24-2014, 01:02 PM
I was just coming here to post that :) Honestly, these advent deals have been WAY more fun that watching Amazon for deals!

Corie
12-24-2014, 04:22 PM
OOoh, did you guys see today's? It's a fun challenge! I'll copy and paste. I just sat here for 30 min and finally submitted mine via email. I hope I get the $25 GC. Writing limericks is not easy, lol!

"It's Christmas Eve and we're feeling merry. Send us a proper limerick written by you (5 lines, rhyme structure AABBA) between now and midnight and we'll send you a $25 gift card to use in the new year. Post it on our Facebook wall or email [email protected] - one entry per customer. Gift cards will be emailed in early January."

I just submitted my limerick!! :)

Does everyone who submits a limerick get a $25 gift card?

hellokitty
12-24-2014, 04:46 PM
I just submitted my limerick!! :)

Does everyone who submits a limerick get a $25 gift card?

That's what it sounds like. I wondering how picky they will get. I looked up the rules of syllables and which lines/words need to rhyme and everything. Hoping they are not too picky. In fact, I'm thinking about submitting one using dh's email too...

curiousgeorge
12-24-2014, 10:37 PM
That's what it sounds like. I wondering how picky they will get. I looked up the rules of syllables and which lines/words need to rhyme and everything. Hoping they are not too picky. In fact, I'm thinking about submitting one using dh's email too...

Last year everyone who submitted got one...let's hope it is the same this year.

hellokitty
12-24-2014, 10:44 PM
Last year everyone who submitted got one...let's hope it is the same this year.

Woohoo, thanks for that info!

So, I'm curious, do any of you have any of MZW's smaller pieces, like wallets or the cosmetic bags? I'd love to hear your opinions. So far I only have their larger handbags.