PDA

View Full Version : Riding boots- not "on trend"????

WitMom
12-13-2014, 09:48 AM
Just curious about this. I was at a boutique clothing store the other night (wearing my riding boots no less), and one of the workers was telling a mom friend that riding boots are not "on trend" any longer. You should wear shorter boots, or over the knee boots. Ummm, I thought was looking pretty good lol. So just curious what everyone thinks about this (new to me) "news".

Green_Tea
12-13-2014, 10:19 AM
Riding boots are classic and I see them everywhere. Booties are trendy right now, too.

okinawama
12-13-2014, 10:41 AM
I agree, riding boots are a classic. Booties and over the knee boots may be "on trend" right now, but something that's classic, never goes out of style.

brittone2
12-13-2014, 10:53 AM
Yeah, I think ankle boots and booties are trendier, but a streamlined, classic riding boot is timeless.

I think pant styles have some influence too. Skinnies are still stylish, but the boyfriend, straight leg, boot cut, and ankle pants work well with booties, kwim? Skinnies are not "out" but pant styles have definitely shifted again. I think that influences what shoes are in, and vice versa.

MMMommy
12-13-2014, 12:29 PM
I think riding boots are always in style because they are a classic boot. Timeless and will never be out of style. They may not be "trendy," but trends come and go. Classic always stands the test of time.

I dislike over the knee boots. Makes me think of Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman.

twowhat?
12-14-2014, 01:01 PM
Agree that a nice classic riding boot will never go out of style. They don't look good on my legs though so I feel like I'm depending more on trends:) I have a pair of Born moto-ish boots in a lower shaft height - just above mid-calf. And a pair of Sam Edelman lace up booties in a neutral taupe that look cool with skinny jeans rolled up a little at the bottom:)

I don't like the look of over-the-knee boots AT ALL. I don't think it's a classic look!

pastrygirl
12-14-2014, 01:10 PM
I dislike over the knee boots. Makes me think of Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman.Same here, except I do have a pair for wearing with dresses/skirts that completely cover at least the top third of the boot! I think of them as leather tights, LOL.