PDA

View Full Version : *Updated in OP* Which black ankle boot do you prefer?

MMMommy
12-13-2014, 12:20 PM
I have not had a chance to see them in person, so I would have to order online. What do you think of these black ankle boots and which do you like best (if at all)?

Frye Stella Zip Short
Frye Chelsea Short
Cole Haan Graham Short

Thanks!

*Update*
I received the both the Frye Stella Zip Short and the Chelsea Short. The winner is the Stella Zip Short. Both are nice looking, but for some reason, the Stella leather seemed more buttery soft and supple. I thought both were made of the same type of Frye leather, but the Stella Zip definitely feels softer. The shaft height on the Stella is a little higher up the ankle. Both are made in China. I liked both a lot, but the Stella Zip won bc of the leather. Thanks guys!

aa2mama
12-14-2014, 12:24 AM
I haven't seen any of them in person, but from the pictures I like the middle option -- the Frye Chelsea Short -- the best. I like both of the Frye booties better than the Cole Haan because of the white stitching.

hillview
12-14-2014, 09:22 AM
Humm I was going to say Cole til aa mentioned the white stitching. I think I like the first one best.

willow33
12-14-2014, 12:32 PM
Definitely the Frye Chelsea…love them!

twowhat?
12-14-2014, 12:53 PM
I like the middle one best.

SnuggleBuggles
12-14-2014, 01:35 PM
Middle pair.

ourbabygirl
12-14-2014, 02:05 PM
Yep, middle pair, but honestly they're all soooo similar, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them! :)

MMMommy
12-15-2014, 12:54 AM
Thanks guys! So I vetoed the CH pair b/c of the white stitching. It has been a long time since I've worn anything with a heel over 2 inches regularly. I used to wear up to 3" stack heels regularly when working, but I think old age has crept up on me and now I find myself wearing much lower heeled shoes. My foot pads tend to get sore when wearing anything with a higher heel.

So I ordered the first pair (the Frye Stella Zip Short), which came and is actually very comfy because of the soft, supple leather. I also ordered the Frye Chelsea to compare, but have not gotten them yet. Those will be coming Tuesday. I expect those to be the same, soft leather like the zip pair. So I will see which pair feels the best. And FWIW, the zip pair is made in China. So both Frye pairs are made in China.

Thank you! And keep the votes coming since I still have to decide between the two.

hellokitty
12-15-2014, 08:18 AM
J think the middle ones looks more comfy due to the elastic. The last PR looks suede and I'm not a big fan of suede boots if they are going to be used a lot.

maylips
12-16-2014, 02:46 PM
I have never been a fan of the look of elastic on boots - it cheapens it somehow (IMO). I *love* the first pair! How tall are the heels? I try not to go over 2.5 inches anymore (sad, I know, but I'm also pretty tall and feel overpowering in super high heels)

bcafe
12-16-2014, 03:20 PM
If you would like another option, I just bought a pair of Lucky Oscarr. They are both cute and comfy!
http://www.solesociety.com/oscarr-black.html?utm_medium=cse&utm_source=Google&CAGPSPN=pla&CAWELAID=120147210000166586&pid=125888&catargetid=120147210000147372&cadevice=c

MMMommy
12-16-2014, 04:25 PM
I have never been a fan of the look of elastic on boots - it cheapens it somehow (IMO). I *love* the first pair! How tall are the heels? I try not to go over 2.5 inches anymore (sad, I know, but I'm also pretty tall and feel overpowering in super high heels)

The heels on both Fryes are 2.5". Higher than I am used to lately, but hoping I can handle them!