PDA

View Full Version : Favorite (non-electronic) games for 4 and 5 year olds?

SoCalMommy
12-14-2014, 08:28 PM
DH and I love playing games and now that DD is 4yrs old, we have more options that we can play as a family. However, we are older parents so we aren't as familiar with what is out there and well liked. We have some classics already - Candy land, Chutes & ladders, Jenga that DD enjoys but looking to add to our game library.

She just received Zingo and My Little Pony Rainbow games for her birthday (she could care less about actually playing the My Little Pony game right now and prefers to play with the little ponies and rainbow pieces that it came with.) I think she might be getting a Memory Game for the holidays from her aunt.

What are some of your favorites? I am overwhelmed at the choices. Thanks!

KrisM
12-14-2014, 08:31 PM
We liked Trouble, Sorry, and Busytown at that age.

SnuggleBuggles
12-14-2014, 08:44 PM
Ds2 and I just finished playing Curious George Hide and Seek Zoo. That game is a gem! Really fun and easy to play!

egoldber
12-14-2014, 09:23 PM
Trouble and Sorry have always been huge favs here.

Spot It is a great game.

Uno Jr is good for that age (bigger cards, fewer "Draw 4s", etc).

Hi Ho Cherry-o

Connect 4

maylips
12-14-2014, 10:15 PM
Camelot Jr is also a great game - maybe not having a winner and loser per say, but great for the brain! My 7yo still plays with hers (and they can play alone).

citymama
12-14-2014, 11:48 PM
"Spot it" is a big hit here. Busytown is another popular game, as well as Rat a Tat Cat. DD2 is 4 and a half. She still loves Haba Orchard too.

mikala
12-14-2014, 11:50 PM
BusyTown, Robot Turtles, super why ABC letter game, spot it.

SnuggleBuggles
12-14-2014, 11:52 PM
Hoot Owl Hoot is a decent cooperative game.

Bootsie
12-15-2014, 01:54 PM
Sneaky Snacky Squirrel
Disney Princess Enchanted Cupcake Party Game (HUGE hit, even with my 4 year old DS)
Monza
Don't Break the Ice
Ravensburger Make n Break It Junior (another HUGE hit)
Uno Moo
Funny Bunny
Pengaloo
Hisss
Kids on Stage
Dr. Seuss I Can Do It
Animal Upon Animal

vonfirmath
12-15-2014, 02:17 PM
DH and I love playing games and now that DD is 4yrs old, we have more options that we can play as a family. However, we are older parents so we aren't as familiar with what is out there and well liked. We have some classics already - Candy land, Chutes & ladders, Jenga that DD enjoys but looking to add to our game library.

She just received Zingo and My Little Pony Rainbow games for her birthday (she could care less about actually playing the My Little Pony game right now and prefers to play with the little ponies and rainbow pieces that it came with.) I think she might be getting a Memory Game for the holidays from her aunt.

What are some of your favorites? I am overwhelmed at the choices. Thanks!

Gamewright Hiss

Snail's Race Pace. (The Ravensburger one) http://smile.amazon.com/Ravensburger-Snails-Pace-Race-Childrens/dp/B004KZ8P2Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418667291&sr=8-1&keywords=Snail%27s+Race+Pace

Pick a Pig http://smile.amazon.com/Pick-a-Pig-Card-Game/dp/B00C17LEGE/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1418667363&sr=1-1&keywords=Pigs+card+game

sunnyside
12-16-2014, 01:00 PM
Hoot owl hoot or mermaid island or other cooperative games by peaceable kingdom
Spot it
Zingo
Cat in the hat I can do that card game
Camelot Jr. Or castle logic
Enchanted Forest family version
Sum swamp

My 4.5 yo is getting these for Christmas (we play a lot of games)
Busy town
Robot turtles
pengoloo
Chickyboom
Spot it -frozen version

ncat
12-16-2014, 02:12 PM
UNO
Robot Turtles
Sequence for Kids

HonoluluMom
12-16-2014, 03:56 PM