PDA

View Full Version : Brio or Thomas wooden railway deals?

Ms B
12-15-2014, 11:26 AM
The Biscuit has said that he wants a train for Hannukah. We picked up a used train table at a resale shop over the weekend, but have not had any luck with trains. We prefer something wooden and sturdy, which appears to lead us to Brio or the Thomas wooden railway sets.

Any deals out there?

TIA!

meljc
12-15-2014, 11:41 AM
Amazon has had a number of secondary Thomas engines on lightening deal over the last few weeks. No gordon, henry, james etc but he probably won't care too much. I've also had good luck finding some of the early engineer engines at Ross, though those engines are too big to fit through some bridges and stations.

Momit
12-15-2014, 12:22 PM
Check TJMaxx, Marshall's or Home Goods for Thomas wooden railway engines. They usually have a bunch. You can get basic straight and curved wooden tracks from IKEA - but their overpasses are a bit too short for some of the trains to fit under. Look at Craigslist too if you are hoping to find a bunch of tracks and engines.

Melaine
12-15-2014, 01:47 PM
I found several big bags of trains at ONce Upon a Child...didn't buy them but I may go back since it seemed like a nice deal.

echoesofspring
12-15-2014, 02:02 PM
This is totally random but a couple years ago there was a link on SD for engines and character cars at .....Sears. There's a few I'd like to get the kids so I've been watching Sears as well as Amazon.

klwa
12-15-2014, 02:10 PM
If you have an A.C. Moore near you, they usually carry some of the Thomas trains & you can use their coupons towards the purchase.

musicalgrl
12-15-2014, 02:31 PM
I was hoping to find a motorized train for the wooden railway set. I will check out the places mentioned here!