PDA

View Full Version : Lego Elsa sparkling ice castle at target today

ckso
12-15-2014, 09:58 PM
Ymmv of course and I'm sure somebody screwed up but I found the Lego Elsa castle set at target today for $39.99. It's technically not released until January 2015

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Elsa-s-Sparkling-Ice-Castle-41062

iaam
12-15-2014, 10:27 PM
Several targets across the country seem to have these. I got two in NJ. Only one store had them, of the ~15 I checked.

To check, go to http://brickseek.com/sets/target_inventory
DCPI is 086-14-2474

ang79
12-15-2014, 10:36 PM
Bummer, none listed at any stores near me or my mom :( That would have been a great surprise for Santa to leave under the tree for the girls! They don't know there is a Frozen set coming out yet, but they have modified some of their Lego Friends girls into Anna and Elsa to play with. I'm sure as soon as they see the Frozen set in store they will want it.

barkley1
12-15-2014, 10:57 PM
Dd said she wanted this and I was bummed bc it didn't exist (yet). Thank you!! Btw our target said they did have 8, but they weren't on the floor yet, so I'd need to ask them to get it out of the back.

scrooks
12-15-2014, 10:58 PM
Ooh...there are 7 at our local target. I am going to try in the am. Does anyone know how much the set costs? I would like one for dd and one for a friends's birthday. Eta...sorry...see the $$ in the first post!

infocrazy
12-15-2014, 11:03 PM
AURGH!!! There are 5 about 30 minutes away but I can't leave and OF COURSE tomorrow I am completely booked at work!!!! GRRR. I called but they will not hold any frozen merchandise at that Target!

Seitvonzu
12-15-2014, 11:30 PM
of all the stores near me OUR TOWN's dinky target was supposed to have EIGHT. i rushed out like a chicken with my head cut off and there were NONE on the shelves. I don't usually ask the employees over stuff like this, but the girl checked for me on the little scanner and there were really not any in the store. she said "that is how many their are at 8 am" -- so if any one was thinking about going out, they might want to check back in the morning.

hope ya'll have better luck!

Seitvonzu
12-15-2014, 11:35 PM
barkley1-- you make me wonder if our store's were out on the floor yet and the girl i talked to just didn't "get it"-- because she definitely fiddled with the scanner a long time and then told me they didn't have them. i'm curious if she just didn't want to go in the back and get them or something... i'm going to check the inventories again in the morning and get someone more helpful if they still show as there ;)

(or there are a few other "area" targets i can hit....but definitely not as nearby as my local store)

infocrazy
12-15-2014, 11:39 PM
Yes, I think maybe another Target said that too. She didn't have a scan gun so she just asked me what it was. I told her Frozen lego and she said straight away they had no frozen. She said the websites are usually 24 hrs old....I am calling again tomorrow!

Tenasparkl
12-15-2014, 11:41 PM
Ymmv of course and I'm sure somebody screwed up but I found the Lego Elsa castle set at target today for $39.99. It's technically not released until January 2015

Which store did you see them in? I think we're in the same area if I'm thinking of the right poster : )

Rainbows&Roses
12-16-2014, 01:07 AM
Thank you!

I was hoping these would pop up like the Disney Princess stuff did right before Xmas last year. There were none on the shelf so they had to go look for them. I picked up the cool Lego Friends hot balloon too.

Thanks again. You saved me a lot of hassle of hitting the Lego store later this week.

Rainbows&Roses
12-16-2014, 01:08 AM
of all the stores near me OUR TOWN's dinky target was supposed to have EIGHT. i rushed out like a chicken with my head cut off and there were NONE on the shelves. I don't usually ask the employees over stuff like this, but the girl checked for me on the little scanner and there were really not any in the store. she said "that is how many their are at 8 am" -- so if any one was thinking about going out, they might want to check back in the morning.

hope ya'll have better luck!

My SA couldn't find it with his scanner at first then punched it in again and said it was in the system with 8 on hand with no location listed. Someone nearby said that toys with no location were "in flex". He took off to the back room and it took him about 15 minutes but he found it.

doberbrat
12-16-2014, 01:33 AM
alright who else went trotting off to a Metro Boston store??? My sa couldnt find it (they didnt have scanners??) and the person who finally did said she'd had another person 'come in just an hour ago' and they couldnt find any. It was all I could do to keep a straight face! It was 11:58 I didnt ask them to go and double check in the back room.

ETA: brought back all the fun memories of the Borders sale :love-retry: thanks OP I needed a pick me up even if I didnt find it :ROTFLMAO:

rolypoly27
12-16-2014, 01:51 AM
Would this be too difficult for a 4 year old? The age range on the box states 6-12, but DD would love this.

ckso
12-16-2014, 06:29 AM
Would this be too difficult for a 4 year old? The age range on the box states 6-12, but DD would love this.

Probably too hard to do by herself but great if you did it with her. And definitely old enough to play with it after its built

tmahanes
12-16-2014, 07:13 AM

Depends on the kid B is almost 5 and has been doing them basically by himself for several months.... We just watch and sometimes have to remind him to look at the picture again but he does almost all of it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Seitvonzu
12-16-2014, 08:49 AM
checked the inventory on a whim again and it looks like my store still has 8....i would say they hadn't updated, but another "near" location is now showing SIXTEEN and they had none last night.... i'm thinking they are still in the back. i'll probably swing by my store again after school drop off and be more persistant ;) (another store listed dropped from 8 to 7....probably a mom who knew to ask, because if they were on the shelf i'm sure they'd be gone )

Seitvonzu
12-16-2014, 08:50 AM
honestly- this set looks pretty easy. my kiddo started doing easier sets before she was 5 too. but she's very into legos. i'd say it's kid dependent. my extremely bright niece is not as into legos and has a harder time doing them independently even at nearly 7. hth!

infocrazy
12-16-2014, 08:56 AM
Yes both my stores have 12 now! I'm going to swing by after drop off too...but she will be with me so cross your fingers I can sneak one!

jvs195
12-16-2014, 09:54 AM
Thank you for this - I never would have noticed. I left work because the store near my office showed it had 12. Luckily I brought the # and they had to bring them out from the back. I bought 2 and warned them to be ready for the sell out. Done with my niece now and of course DD NEEDs this too.

kit
12-16-2014, 09:58 AM
I struck out last night :( They apparently had just gotten a shipment in yesterday and were busy unloading it all still. SA tried looking for it in the back but couldn't find it, guessed it was still wrapped up on a pallet somewhere.

I pre-ordered it through Amazon as well so may just have to wait the ~3 weeks for it!

vonfirmath
12-16-2014, 10:19 AM
alright who else went trotting off to a Metro Boston store??? My sa couldnt find it (they didnt have scanners??) and the person who finally did said she'd had another person 'come in just an hour ago' and they couldnt find any. It was all I could do to keep a straight face! It was 11:58 I didnt ask them to go and double check in the back room.

ETA: brought back all the fun memories of the Borders sale :love-retry: thanks OP I needed a pick me up even if I didnt find it :ROTFLMAO:

Could be anyone. They advertised on Eurobricks that someone had found them on Target shelves and to check your local Target.

Dream
12-16-2014, 10:41 AM
I can't even seem to use the inventory site. How did you guys do it? I entered "Elsa’s Sparkling Ice Castle" and my zip code and nothing comes up.

kit
12-16-2014, 10:51 AM
I can't even seem to use the inventory site. How did you guys do it? I entered "Elsa’s Sparkling Ice Castle" and my zip code and nothing comes up.

You have to enter the DCPI number in iaam's post: 086-14-2474

Zaney
12-16-2014, 10:55 AM

I had same issue. I think it's a browser issue. I switched to my Mac and it worked

scrooks
12-16-2014, 11:46 AM
Thank you op! The inventory was very accurate. My local store had the 7 sets promised and I got one and so did 2 of my friends. Plus, my cousin, out of state, is currently trying to track one down!

ECMom
12-16-2014, 11:52 AM
Thanks OP! My local Target inventory said 16 so I swung by this morning. Not on the shelf but an associate looked up the DCPI # & found them in back. They had just came in last night & still wrapped up on pallets!

Jenn27
12-16-2014, 12:25 PM
DD is home sick today, so I'm sending DH on his lunch break. Our Target says 16 in stock, so fingers crossed!
!

infocrazy
12-16-2014, 12:30 PM
Got one! WAY smaller than I was thinking, but I realize the other Disney Princess lego we have is actually duplo, so I guess less surprising...

Note, they were NOT out at my store and they had to get it from the back.

cuca_
12-16-2014, 01:37 PM
Thank you OP. Got one for my Frozen loving DD!

Jenn27
12-16-2014, 01:51 PM
Thanks OP! DH just got one!!!!

Seitvonzu
12-16-2014, 01:51 PM
I was FINALLY able to snag 2 of these at the target in bridgeton, MO. (st louis peeps!) there were none still on the shelves at my IL store and there weren't any at florissant (they were supposed to have 16 but couldn't even pull up the number)

pretty hit or miss. i felt like it was the lottery when i saw all the sets....i also got the hot air balloon and ALMOST bought ariels castle (i loved that one!!! but i think i can wait) :)

Seitvonzu
12-16-2014, 01:53 PM
oh- and i left at least 6 sets on the bridgeton shelves... .there were none in my local store, just to be more clear :)

vonfirmath
12-16-2014, 02:10 PM
I was FINALLY able to snag 2 of these at the target in bridgeton, MO. (st louis peeps!) there were none still on the shelves at my IL store and there weren't any at florissant (they were supposed to have 16 but couldn't even pull up the number)

pretty hit or miss. i felt like it was the lottery when i saw all the sets....i also got the hot air balloon and ALMOST bought ariels castle (i loved that one!!! but i think i can wait) :)

They might not have been "none still on the shelves" but rather, not put on the shelves yet. These sets are not supposed to be released until January. Some people are getting lucky and finding them early

barkley1
12-16-2014, 02:28 PM
Just want to say thanks again! I got one, and shared the find on FB....then three friends got one, too. One friends little girl had asked for it when it didn't exist, just like mine, said it will make her whole Christmas. Yay!

ckso
12-16-2014, 02:30 PM
I'm so glad people are finding them. When I saw them on the shelves I did a double take

I Thought released dates are usually strictly enforced. When I saw it, I thought someone screwed up and put them out early. But it seems like lots of targets Have them on the shelves already

keh602
12-16-2014, 02:36 PM
I'm very surprised that Target will actually sell these! DH found a Disney Infinity figure on the shelf a week early, and the system flagged it so that he couldn't buy it. I wonder what's different. I wish I could get to Bridgeton today!

Seitvonzu
12-16-2014, 02:42 PM
i think that the florissant store maybe had these flagged....they couldn't find the number at all :( my store in IL was saying basically the same thing.... i'm wondering if corporate target caught on?

Seitvonzu
12-16-2014, 02:44 PM
bridgeton is now listing that they don't have any....i was told the stock thing was updated at 8am, but that can't be possible unless they sold out and got more (because at 9:30ish today they had about 8 on the shelf)

barkley1
12-16-2014, 02:49 PM
The guy at my Target said, before he went back to look, that if it had a "street date" on it, he couldn't sell it. When he came out holding the box that several were packaged in, he said he was surprised it did not have a street date. If it did, it would have been all over the outside if the brown box. So, he was like, "ok, here ya go!"

wendibird22
12-16-2014, 02:57 PM
thank you thank you thank you thank you! My mom was able to pick one up for me. My target showed having 12 first thing this morning and 10 about an hour ago. She brought the inventory code with her and the guy gladly went to the back looking for it. He said he was surprised they weren't out on the shelf and my mom said, well, they probably aren't supposed to be yet, but according to your stock you've sold 2 already today. People are selling these at $80+ on ebay and in Facebook disney sale groups. Crazy!

santoki
12-16-2014, 05:07 PM
The guy at my Target said, before he went back to look, that if it had a "street date" on it, he couldn't sell it. When he came out holding the box that several were packaged in, he said he was surprised it did not have a street date. If it did, it would have been all over the outside if the brown box. So, he was like, "ok, here ya go!"

I had a very similar experience at my Target...the first sales associate I talked to said they couldn't sell it to me since the system said it was "in transition," but when I mentioned that I heard other people were able to purchase it at other Targets (thank you, BBB!), she called the toy section manager over who checked the "street date" in the system and said they could sell it to me. Yippee, my kids will be so excited!

Thank you so much for posting this, OP!!!!!

gobadgers
12-16-2014, 05:57 PM
Thank you so much for posting this! I got one this morning, and can only hope DD is as excited as I am ;)

lmr1101
12-16-2014, 06:13 PM
Thanks for posting this - my dds do not need one however my co-worker just spent the last hour on the phone calling every Target in town! She was giving them all the phrases I saw here and finally she was able to find someone willing to look in the flex area! She ran out of the office and is on her way right now to pick it! She couldn't believe that they actually had them in stock!

sayma
12-16-2014, 07:02 PM
I went to my local Target during my lunch break (I checked before heading over there and they had 20 in stock), but the sales associate who I spoke to wouldn't sell one to me...told me they had a release date of January. After reading more BBB posts I decided to call my Target and I'm currently waiting to hear back from them...hope I can buy one!

Update: just got a call from target...they're selling it to me! It's on hold for me!

lchang25000
12-16-2014, 08:22 PM
I called my target and they found 2 on the Lego aisle! I bet there's more in the back room since the quantity said 10 or 15 when I checked.

Dream
12-16-2014, 08:30 PM
Thanks OP, my local target had them on the Lego isle. There was a Cinderella castle that I had never seen and it was beautiful, I was sooo tempted but passed. It was $80:(

Seitvonzu
12-16-2014, 09:00 PM
we have the cinderella castle- believe it's actualy 69.99. it's a cool build. the carriage is cool too. :) we set it up with our lego friends town and say it's the chichi neighbor ;)

i was VERY tempted today by the ariel castle-- did any of you see that? there were also a few new lego friends sets-- but i reminded myself that those would be easier to get after the new year still :)

calv
12-16-2014, 09:06 PM
we have the cinderella castle- believe it's actualy 69.99. it's a cool build. the carriage is cool too. :) we set it up with our lego friends town and say it's the chichi neighbor ;)

i was VERY tempted today by the ariel castle-- did any of you see that? there were also a few new lego friends sets-- but i reminded myself that those would be easier to get after the new year still :)

what are the other new sets everyone is talking about? anyone have links/pics? :)

lovemydeals
12-16-2014, 09:49 PM
Thanks picked up 2. They were just sitting in the aisle.

kit
12-17-2014, 12:08 AM
Thanks OP! After striking out last night, I called today to ask them to hold it for me, and just successfully picked it up! I figured they would sell it to me, since I saw the inventory was dropping throughout the day.

wildfire
12-17-2014, 01:05 AM
Thanks! None in my area, but my mom was able to pick up two (one for my kids, one for their cousin, all Frozen crazy) at her Target. They were on the shelves.

shoxie
12-17-2014, 01:09 AM
Thanks, OP! My store showed as having 12 in stock, but when I got there, none were anywhere to be found. Asked a nice employee, and he checked the stock room. Brought out three, one of which I purchased. He said they had a bunch in the back but hadn't had time or the shelf space to put them out quite yet.

Thanks so much for posting as I doubt I'd have gotten one of these once they hit the shelves!! :)

meira
12-17-2014, 07:44 AM
If anyone is looking in Baltimore the Towson Target had lots on the shelf last night!!

wendibird22
12-17-2014, 09:39 AM
There are like 300 of these sets listed on eBay right now. I kind of hope the price gougers get stuck with them.

nfceagles
12-17-2014, 10:04 AM
I'm really surprised that Target hasn't caught on and sent out an alert to not sale these yet.

vonfirmath
12-17-2014, 10:21 AM
There are like 300 of these sets listed on eBay right now. I kind of hope the price gougers get stuck with them.

With 300 of them there they certainly won't get as high of prices.

AngB
12-17-2014, 10:27 AM
Someone on our local buy/sell/trade groups claiming they "have connections" was trying to sell this for $75, saying 70 is the "lowest she could go". It was pretty funny when people started replying with this same info.

dukie41181
12-17-2014, 11:53 AM
I scores some at my closest Target this morning! They started with 8 and were left with 3 after I bought for myself and all my friends who wanted one too! Our store also had other news sets (Ariel's castle, sleeping beauty set and jasmine). There was a woman stocking when I was there and she said her manager had given her permission to be putting the new sets out before their release date. Sounds like it's up to the store manager so YMMV for sure.

Tenasparkl
12-17-2014, 02:42 PM
I got a very nice Target employee to get one from the stockroom for me this morning. Yay!!

ang79
12-17-2014, 04:24 PM
Yeah, found some! Central PA stores must have gotten their shipments later because they were just put out this morning. My closest Target said they had 3 but when I got there they didn't have any. A nice employee called the other store in our area to check, but they 8 they had were gone too. I called the store close to my MIL and they had 8, she let me hold two and MIL will pick up tonight. DH said to get just one for the girls to share, but I know they will fight over Elsa :( But now I am feeling guilty about two of them, we were all done shopping for the girls, they really don't need more presents. And $40 for a tiny set is a bit crazy.....Are you making your kids share? My girls are 6 and 8 and Lego Friends obsessed right now (they have things set up all over the playroom and come home from school every day to play legos til bedtime).

dukie41181
12-17-2014, 04:44 PM
I bought 2 sets for my girls (5 and 4) too for the exact reason you did! I'm not sure I'll keep both sets but have friends lined up to buy the second off me if I opt not to keep it.

wildfire
12-17-2014, 04:52 PM
I bought one for them to share (5 and 7), but one is Anna crazy and the other Elsa crazy, so it should work out. Although there may be fights over Olaf.

okinawama
12-17-2014, 05:01 PM
How do I check for them at our local store? I saw someone said you deeded some sort of DPI (my memory is bad, it might be another acronym) code, where do I find that?
ETA: oops, just saw the answer!

ang79
12-17-2014, 05:14 PM
I bought 2 sets for my girls (5 and 4) too for the exact reason you did! I'm not sure I'll keep both sets but have friends lined up to buy the second off me if I opt not to keep it.

DH said to go ahead and get both, we can always return one if we decide one is enough. I think MIL thinks I'm probably nuts though, sending her to Target for two identical sets of legos!

wildfire
12-17-2014, 07:39 PM
I think what we are going to do is give the Elsa set to the Elsa obsessed girl and get a second house for the Anna obsessed girl so they will each have their own house. I'm eyeing the Mountain Hut as a great tie in, but it's age 8 and this is for our 5 year old. Anyone know if she'd be able to do this? It's from the Creator series, is that why the age is higher?

bostonsmama
12-17-2014, 09:50 PM
Woohoo! Thank you so much for sharing. I got one straight from the shelf today, no fuss or muss. I feel so blessed someone else did the hard work by having it pulled from the back. Skeeeee. Already started putting it together as a Hanukkah present. Love that the skirt is slit in the back so she can ride the sleigh. The soft capes are adorable additions. This build has been a bit harder for my just turned 4 DD. The "turn around" arrows meant turn over so it was a bit confusing to her. But seriously, she is doing almost everything by herself. She is just so impatient and can't understand why Elsa isn't in Bag #1. Hahaha.

cuca_
12-17-2014, 10:01 PM
How do I check for them at our local store? I saw someone said you deeded some sort of DPI (my memory is bad, it might be another acronym) code, where do I find that?
ETA: oops, just saw the answer!

Check the second post in this thread. It has a link to the search page and the DCI number.

jenstring95
12-18-2014, 11:24 PM

Several targets across the country seem to have these. I got two in NJ. Only one store had them, of the ~15 I checked.

DCPI is 086-14-2474

Thank you both for posting! My friend and I were each able to get a set for our DDs, but we had to ask for them from the back. I don't know if they would have found them without the DCPI code. Happy Holidays! :)

Suebell
12-19-2014, 03:05 PM
Thanks so much y'all for posting this and the dcpi info/website! I got one and several friends found some too.

mommybug
12-19-2014, 04:54 PM
Whoo hoo! I've been checking inventory for stores in the Seattle-Tacoma area daily and they are finally in stock here! Have two being held for me to give to my nieces.

inmypjs
12-19-2014, 06:24 PM
Thanks so much for this post! I found one on a small town Target shelf nearby. Having the numbers and being able to call to confirm was very helpful. DD has a birthday shortly after Christmas, and this will be perfect.

ckso
12-19-2014, 06:59 PM
Yay!!! At this rate, they'll be sold out before release date lol

I'm so glad people are finding them

vonfirmath
12-20-2014, 01:10 AM
Yay!!! At this rate, they'll be sold out before release date lol

I'm so glad people are finding them

THAT is kind of scary. I'm willing to wait for release, but I do want one evenetuually!

okinawama
12-23-2014, 03:33 PM

DCPI is 086-14-2474
I'm a complete newbie, so forgive me if this is another dumb question, but how do I find the DCPI? When I search for the Elsa sparkling ice castle set on the brickseek site, it doesn't come up, but with DCPI it does. How do I find the DCPI?

bostonsmama
12-23-2014, 04:53 PM
It's right under the link you quoted. ..under the blue or purple text within the Grey box.

wifecat
12-26-2014, 09:53 PM
I am super new to the Lego craziness and I totally missed out on those Research Legos (and I'm still annoyed). Is this something I need to jump on RIGHT away (like there are now exactly 5 left in my area), or will it show up on amazon on the release date?

azzeps
12-31-2014, 11:17 PM
Oh, yes, it's on Amazon, for $80!!!!!

wifecat
01-01-2015, 08:11 PM
I got it on amazon this morning for $39.99, but apparently it was only in stock at a normal price for a little while. This site lets you set alerts if you'd like to know when it's in stock somewhere (at reg price). http://www.nowinstock.net/toys/lego/disneyprincess/

cuca_
01-01-2015, 09:15 PM
I saw it at the Lego store two days ago and they seemed to have plenty in stock.

iaam
01-01-2015, 10:43 PM
I saw it at the Lego store two days ago and they seemed to have plenty in stock.

Same here, in NJ.

azzeps
01-02-2015, 01:37 AM
My husband got tired of me sitting in front of the computer hitting "refresh" at the Lego store on new year's eve, so he went on ebay and bought it. Good to know about the Lego store, though, because I'd love to score a second set for DD's best friend's birthday in February!

wifecat
01-02-2015, 11:13 AM
My husband got tired of me sitting in front of the computer hitting "refresh" at the Lego store on new year's eve, so he went on ebay and bought it. Good to know about the Lego store, though, because I'd love to score a second set for DD's best friend's birthday in February!

This site will email you when it's in stock at amazon. I know it's not a super deal, but getting it at regular price and having it shipped to my door seemed like a win to me! The Lego store near us is over an hour away and I'm glad I don't have to go there either! http://www.nowinstock.net/toys/lego/disneyprincess/

elmojessi
01-04-2015, 04:27 PM
Was the release date on this supposed to be the 1st? I thought so, but cAnt find them at any of my targets..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lchang25000
01-04-2015, 06:01 PM
You can order it from the lego shop with ship date of 1/15.

elmojessi
01-04-2015, 06:43 PM
Thanks! I don't want to pay shipping though and the birthday I need it for is on Thursday. I just thought it was supposed to be in stores starting on the first, so I didn't bother with trying to get it earlier. Guess I missed the boat on this one!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk