PDA

View Full Version : show me your legwarmers

lmh2402
12-17-2014, 02:40 PM
are you wearing them? they are everywhere here, but i've not yet taken the plunge.

if you're sporting them, tell me how - peeking out of a tall boot? or just straight up?

thx

Melaine
12-17-2014, 04:17 PM
Subbing. I am intrigued by this and I love leggings. I just haven't tried the LWers yet.

BigDog
12-17-2014, 09:25 PM
I have 3 different pairs - gray cable knit, cream cable knit, and a marled brown cable knit. All from Kohls. I wear mine over leggings with tall boots.

scrooks
12-17-2014, 10:09 PM
Wow! We are behind the times here...haven't seen them at all!

eta...I was checking them out on the kohls website and only 3 results came up?

Green_Tea
12-17-2014, 10:14 PM
Do you mean boot socks (which peek out of tall boots?) - or leg warmers a la Jane Fonda in 1982?

MMMommy
12-18-2014, 01:38 AM
Do you mean boot socks (which peek out of tall boots?) - or leg warmers a la Jane Fonda in 1982?

I am envisioning Olivia Newton John in her "Physical" music video!:D

hellokitty
12-18-2014, 10:20 AM
No the only thing I've seen ppl wearing are those boot cuffs.

lmh2402
12-18-2014, 02:10 PM

nope, it's definitely leg warmers

boot socks have been around awhile. but leg warmers i've started seeing as the weather gets really cold this year. some are legit rocking them like up over the knee over leggings.

some are just up to right under the knee with tall boots. but definitely not socks. LWs for sure

I've seen #1, #4 and #5 in these here parts in the last month or two http://www.wikihow.com/Wear-Leg-Warmers

Nooknookmom
12-21-2014, 03:44 AM
There are leg Warmer's (yes an updates 80's version) ALL OVER here. Women are wearing them peeking out of tall boots. The look is cool enough but it cracks me up bc it's TOO HOT here for that even at 59...lol

I grew up outside Chicago and we wore them with boots for fashion AND warmth!!

MamaMolly
12-21-2014, 10:06 AM
They are getting trendy here under tall boots. I love the look!! Also with tights and the more 'granny' lace up boots would be super cute.

lizzywednesday
12-21-2014, 12:34 PM
I saw them on the endcap at Target a few months ago and laughed. And laughed some more. And kept laughing.

I wore them in 1984. I was 6. They were cute then, but they wouldn't be cute on me now!

smilequeen
12-21-2014, 01:02 PM
I buy them from an etsy shop. I only have a few pair to wear to my kids hockey games. I guess they are cute (cuter than the 80s version at least), but it sometimes seems to young for my 40 year old self. But when sitting in a hockey rink for hours on end...I don't really care about anything but being comfy.

This is the etsy shop I use...

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CatherineColeStudio?ref=l2-shopheader-name

MommyAllison
12-21-2014, 01:39 PM
I love this shop and they have tons of cute options! www.graceandlace.com

stinkyfeet
12-26-2014, 10:37 PM
I saw them on the endcap at Target a few months ago and laughed. And laughed some more. And kept laughing.

I wore them in 1984. I was 6. They were cute then, but they wouldn't be cute on me now!

I loved this response! It cracked me up! [emoji23]

theriviera
12-27-2014, 10:55 PM
There are leg Warmer's (yes an updates 80's version) ALL OVER here. Women are wearing them peeking out of tall boots. The look is cool enough but it cracks me up bc it's TOO HOT here for that even at 59...lol

I grew up outside Chicago and we wore them with boots for fashion AND warmth!!

I also live in your greater metro area but I have yet to see them. Now I will be on the look out!

Ms B
01-02-2015, 01:28 AM

I wore them in the 80s too and I was a lot older than six . . . They were worn with a leo, Reeboks and headband to aerobics and I can promise you I will not be wearing them again.

AnnieW625
01-02-2015, 01:03 PM
I just bought a green and pink pair that say dance on them for my 8.5 year old. I have yet to see anyone other than dancers/gymnasts wear them. I spend most of my time in SW LA County, and NW Orange County, and haven't spent that much time at the mall this year which is where I usually see trends first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk